Reprise - No More Time For Toys

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a slightly more polished version of my contest entry, that I held back until after the votes were in.

The percussion intro is shorter, first voice is fuller, more light percussion in the 'quiet bit' and doubled up the last section with an additional accompaniment.

I hope you like it.

Ogg

or

mp3
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

just what I needed to hear right now. Thank you so much for posting it.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

beautiful timeless tones...damn I love that knarly lead line, sounds like synth1 a version of solo preset, wonderful music box sounds, great arrangement

I almost thought it's christmas already when I heard the intro and then the lead comes in. The lower frequencies fills my headphones with warmth. Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks a lot for your comments guys. I'm glad you like it - never quite sure whether I've improved something or not when I do a remix.

@fateamenabletochange
The knarly-ness comes from one of my own patches 'Overdrive' in Yoshimi (or Zyn.) I'm in great danger of over-using it :)

@KungKrille
Another Yoshimi patch called Ethereal. The way those low tones sort of roll around was pure chance but once I realised it, I saved the patch for future use pretty quick!
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

nice melody lines and chords... I like the arrange & ambiance .. sounds good

Thanks a lot :)

... and a little bumpette

I think I could recognize any of your work just by making the connection to the way you use Zyn.

I like very much the way you make use of that synth. I like this tune also, but I guess my favorite will remain 'A boy at Amesbury' (which I found on your site).

VDX
== VDX == One Man can make a difference!
My music is on https://soundcloud.com/vdxi | Info | More Info

Very simple, yet stylish. Evocative mood. Love the lead synth sounds. Nice, warm mix. Great work, Will!

Nice. Thanks, folderol.
No longer a moderator.

Thanks again for your comments guys, they are greatly appreciated.

@jackoo
Now I'm really surprised. You are the first person to ever comment on "A boy at Amesbury". I'm delighted that you like it :hug:

Return to “Music Cafe”