[happy] a thousand years

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.xoxos.net/temp/a_thousand_years.mp3

i'm getting this off my plate atm, it could use a bit more here and there, but songs aren't always about that.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

game? Definitely japanese to my ear, I like the huge kick and the melody,
is the voice 100% synthetic?

great energetic tune

i'd also like to know what was used for the vocal effect :)
sometimes it's hard not to be an asshole © mellotronaut
you work so somebody can rest
Doing sound synthesis if organs is all you get, leave it alone

All Rights Deserved

Hahahahaha interesting sounding tune. The pan is very effective. What are the vocals made with? Is it a real voice autotuned? Cheers.

the melody does have some japanese insiration (usual 'pops into your head' thing) and the 32nd note runs were culturally referenced :) i'll probably start using them all over everything for a while until they're easy.

the difference in my usual production is that most synth parts are routed through distortion of some kind.. it stopped running in realtime on my 1.6g cpu a few parts ago :hihi: so the mix is a bit hairy.

the voice is syng2 (le) lead voice uses two instances an octave apart. lead thru modulation delay, backup thru mod delay ('iridescence') and xoxos phaser (sum of both routed thru static delay). i was almost tempted to do this one with autotune :)

ftr the voice is *always* syng2 ;)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Cool track, I like the melodies and the feel, it really 'breaths' although all the instruments are 100 % synthetic.
Cheers

xoxos wrote:i was almost tempted to do this one with autotune :)
nah it sounds way better than autotuine, closer to talkbox due to probably resemblance of synthesis principles (for me talbox is always better, funkier)

but yet again it all depends on the approach, which if different probably could change the sound of autotune as well
sometimes it's hard not to be an asshole © mellotronaut
you work so somebody can rest
Doing sound synthesis if organs is all you get, leave it alone

All Rights Deserved

thanks :) getting anima in synth tracks is the goal. i'd still like to mix it about, use a filter rise or swell here and there, get it to sound more like a blossom unfolding and give down people a hint of what new feels like.

dude that is a sick beat and I completely understand where you're coming from with it. Sometimes music is more than the most produced beat, it's the most enjoyable sound. And you nailed it.

Keep doing what you do.

Thumbs up! :shock:
myspace[dot]com/djhippiehappie If it isn't this best, listen to it and prove me wrong ;)

djhippiehappie wrote: Keep doing what you do.
anways good advice :) i'm glad you enjoyed it!

xoxos wrote:http://www.xoxos.net/temp/a_thousand_years.mp3

i'm getting this off my plate atm, it could use a bit more here and there, but songs aren't always about that.
Nice vocoder like sound! way funny. two thumbs up. The beat needs some reworking but everything else is superfunny. Me likes

that sounds like you enjoyed it then! thanks for the siskel and ebert style review :hihi:

This one is loaded with amazing twists and turns.

Very light and airy, japanese pop influenced.. really enjoyed it, cheers!

thanks.. definately the objective here is to uplift the mood, probably like a lot of jpop :)

Return to “Music Cafe”