gate,
limiter,
modulated delay,
phaser,
quantizer,
reverb,
ringmod,
tremelo.

i want to get these tested for bugs/issues and any tweaking or extra additions before i get ben to post this in the news. let mek now what you think or if i've left out anything in these effects.

it would also be great to get short demo mp3s of the effects in action - if they were about 200 - 500k that would be perfect. i can do this myself, but i don't really spend enough time messing around with audio these days to really test these and produce demos for them.

also i'm not too sure about the guis. do those look good? how could they be improved?
Last edited by aciddose on Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Great! I'll check them out--after I deal with an on-call--again-- :wink: :help:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

if you want something instantly impressive i can recommend:
compressor/limiter (it's got blinky lights!),
phaser (set stages = 128, tweak the low parameter realtime),
quantizer/ringmod (very deep, clean/analog sound),
reverb (set feedback and echo feedback = 100%, infinite sustain)

i can't recommend the tremelo :hihi:
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.

I remember trying the compressor a while ago and liking it quite. I'll be checking these out!
It's

Thanks aciddose/Elliot, looking forward to trying these out man. I use a few different hosts and i will be sure to bounce any audio down if i am either loving/enjoying the results or having any problems with them in any of the host apps i use after making sure it is repeatable. The limiter and quantizer have not caused any crashes at all but i have not explored them in much detail due to time or rather a lack of it. I have nothing on this week so i can have some 'me' time ;)

Nice one and all the best to you dude :tu:

Dean/Nekro

acidose,the links to your presetexchange are dead.

@aciddose:

First of all, thank you very much for releasing these effects :)

I've only given ringmod a quick try so far, in Renoise 2.6.0 and also in Ableton Live 8.1.5 demo. One problem I noticed immediately is that the CPU goes through the roof when there's no signal being fed into the effect. Possibly a denormal issue?

Running Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit on a cruddy 1GHz Pentium M from 2003 :)
I'm Kieran, aka dblue, aka illformed | illformed.com | Glitch 2 now available for Windows, Mac and Linux!

The reverb crashes Reaper on insert with a C++ Runtime Error. I kept the limiter and the delay, thanks.

DELETED

audiodob wrote:
echopark wrote:acidose,the links to your presetexchange are dead.
I concur
working here...
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

it died for a while - i'll check the reverb (would be init problems) and the ringmod (probably the oversampling)

thanks, great to know, keep the bug reports coming if possible.

the reverb and ringmod should be cured now, i don't experience those problems anymore. can somebody test that to confirm?

The reverb still crashes Reaper. Let me know if you need details.

reverb and ringmod works here as well--audacity seems to have no issues with them
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Have you improved the quantizer ever since you posted it for some guy that wanted a decimator or something in some thread a week or so ago?
Because that version caused an error on my setup. and I'm afraid to try it again, because I often get BSODs from bad plugins due to my shitty drivers.

I believe the version I tried was alpha something.

The reverb crashes Live 8.2.1 while scanning vst's at start up ...
I'm on XP SP2.

Return to “Effects”