Zebra is locked?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow Urs, you really are a nice person.

Seems to me that too many developers are really arrogant and mean towards warez users. Even if it would be justified they don't remember that most of their customers are ex-warez users and every warez user is a potential customer.

I don't know a single computer musician in person who wasn't (or isn't) a warez user.

Well, I kind of like to pick them up from where they are. The scheme is actually devlish - the OP ran into an old anti-crack protection, but my current protection only kicks in when someone really put a lot of work into a song project. Thus he can't just turn away and use something different. At that point he'll rather buy the full version than loose his work.

Urs wrote:Well, I kind of like to pick them up from where they are. The scheme is actually devlish - the OP ran into an old anti-crack protection, but my current protection only kicks in when someone really put a lot of work into a song project. Thus he can't just turn away and use something different. At that point he'll rather buy the full version than loose his work.
Satanic idea :!: :-o :D

drug pusher :-)
rsp
sound sculptist

ZINO wrote:Satanic idea :!: :-o :D
Indeed. It serves two purposes: The actual protection is hidden from crackers and collectors, they hardly ever run into it. Those who run into it are actual users who are often turned into legit customers.

Nice :) Sounds similar to what some Settlers game had.

If someone doesn't know it's a strategy game where you create different kind of production chains to fulfil needs of your settlement and expand it. You need to produce iron to upgrade weapons and in cracked version there isn't iron, but piggies that have no function. Your settlers just carry them around and can't do anything with them :) Seen lots of forum posts from people complaining about them nice little piggies :D

Urs wrote:Well, I kind of like to pick them up from where they are. The scheme is actually devlish - the OP ran into an old anti-crack protection, but my current protection only kicks in when someone really put a lot of work into a song project. Thus he can't just turn away and use something different. At that point he'll rather buy the full version than loose his work.
:hihi:

Nice one, Urs :tu:

ew
A spectral heretic...

sauli wrote: Seems to me that too many developers are really arrogant and mean towards warez users.
So true. Every night I cry for those poor bastards in my sleep.
sauli wrote: Even if it would be justified they don't remember that most of their customers are ex-warez users and every warez user is a potential customer..
Speak for yourself, loser, and not on the behalf of most VSTi customers.
sauli wrote: I don't know a single computer musician in person who wasn't (or isn't) a warez user.
Really? Obviously you do not know enough computer musicians then, or you mingle with the wrong persons.

To the theif everyone is a thief!

Go figure!

Hello guys.
Please, take a note, that unlegal will be always popular, f.e in the east europe.
The minimal salary for a man in Poland is 300-400 Euro/month. This salary is quite popular.
I just want to realize you that sometimes your products are totally out of range for some people - different reasons.

Of-course it's not a reason for me, to use unlegal, but for some people it is.

That's true not everyone is able to afford the tools but there's also so much good freeware nowadays ..
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

SuperNoise wrote:Hello guys.
Please, take a note, that unlegal will be always popular, f.e in the east europe.
The minimal salary for a man in Poland is 300-400 Euro/month. This salary is quite popular.
I just want to realize you that sometimes your products are totally out of range for some people - different reasons.

Yes, but isn't the same with for instance cars? Because we can't afford a Mercedes we then just steal it?

For music software there is a lot of good quality freeware around too and you won't find any free cars on the market :wink:

What do these people do in Poland when they want an electric guitar and amplifier or a drumkit or a real keyboard? Do they steal them? I doubt it. I bet they save up.

In fact I wonder what do they do when they want the computer they need to run that audio software on?

If someone is on 400 Euro a month, it takes about 9 months of saving 5% of their salary each month to be able to afford Zebra. Until then, they can do what people used to do when they couldnt afford the expensive toys; make the best of what they can afford.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Well, the wealth issue is certainly a factor, as SuperNoise pointed out well.

Politics and society aside, I just think that anyone who can afford a computer and decent audio hardware can also afford my software. Anyone who hasn't got some decent gear will be better off with freeware anyway, especially if its easier on cpu.

That said, many musicians in western Europe live in poverty too. Arts don't feed everyone.

Nielzie wrote:

For music software there is a lot of good quality freeware :wink:
+1
Going to KVR and it's 1000+ freeware apps with "the poverty argument" is ridiculous.

Return to “u-he”