bluedad vs hao nao - FUNK

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Got a groove going and went to the lyric thread for something that fit, and
one of kevin's did the job.
I think the low vocal in the verse needs to be redone..I'm not sure, my voice just isn't strong at that range..what do you think?
Drums - Cubase Groovemaker (I think it's called that)
Bass and blipy synths - Mopho
Clavinet - Halion player
Brass - 2 different ensembles from Halion, I will probably subtitute the Motif ES brass for this later.
Synth solo - Zebra
http://bluedad.com/plug.mp3

ya I got into the groove. the low vox makes a good contrast for when it gets up. that little funky synth solo is fantabulous!!
dig it..have a great holiday

Very smart choice of instruments. Love it!

OH my GOD ... need to edit this reply
that talkboxed synth solo ...!!!!!!!!! FANTASTIC

thanks

thank you gents, was glad to get this out..it's been well over three years since I've done a tune with vocals..or even without vox for that matter.

it's ver' nice to hear you again , gary ...

:tu: :wheee: :tu:

thanks norm, and merry christmas!

It's a bluedad christmas! Extra points for the talking synth solo, but enjoyable across the board. Well done! :tu:

Thanks Zombywoof. The solo synth is a patch by Howard Scarr

Wow, nice stuff bluedad - yes, the low vocal in the verse is a bit subdued, but not a problem imo. The chorus vocal is great and contrasts well with the verse... some nice raunch on the voice too. My, but that solo is awesome! 8)
Image Image

thanks polyslax, glad to hear your thoughts re the vocal.
It's kind of funny, I've played through the patches in Zebra and this particular one I used for the solo never really struck me as anything special. But when I got this going and was auditioning patches for the solo, wow, it really sounded special then! The solo was just a one pass improv. thanks again

Well now, this is rather different. Very enjoyably so :tu:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

haha, thank you. glad you enjoyed, as it was quite fun making it.

Very nice, one thing I was thinking that since most of the instruments are pretty dry, maybe I'd take off some or all of the reverb on the drums, to bring them forward more. The talk box like effect is pretty cool :)

Thanks for listening, Paul. Interesting comment about the drums..there's no reverb on the track
and I can find no control over a reverb setting in GrooveAgent..but I will explore further and see how drier drums would sound. thanks again.

Swing !
The point 2.44 is great :)

Return to “Music Cafe”