What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

new skin (Triple Cheese)

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

gamecat666
KVRian

925 posts since 16 Feb, 2010

Postby gamecat666; Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:32 am new skin (Triple Cheese)

Hi all, here is a new skin for U-He's Triple Cheese plugin.

I'm interested in skinning plugins and this was the first one I looked at that had 'exposed' art that I could play with. (I'm only a dabbling hobbyist with no budget so dont have any commercial plugins, I currently have a small suite of freebies )

Plus TC didnt look quite as slick as ZebraCM and Zebralette's so it became an obvious choice to have a go.

Big thanks to Urs for the plugin. I'm hoping to get ACE or Zebra eventually but have to make do with free for now :)

preview:

>>DOWNLOAD<<

I had fun doing it, perhaps I could do some other plugins if the demand is there. Any suggestions?

RogB
[/url]
ViktorW
KVRist

417 posts since 15 May, 2006

Postby ViktorW; Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:50 am

That looks great, RogB.

I like that it goes dark to the sides, but for my taste it's a little too dark. Other than that, great work!

Cheers
dsp music
KVRian

1006 posts since 18 Jun, 2004, from Here I am.

Postby dsp music; Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:08 am

Thanks. Looks Great.

On mac to change the skin, you have to right click the Triple Cheese.component & choose show contents.
The file to replace can be found in Contents > Resources > Images > Panes > TripleCheeseBack3.png

I thought I'll let you know so you can update your readme file. :)
gamecat666
KVRian

925 posts since 16 Feb, 2010

Postby gamecat666; Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:24 am

thanks! :)

regarding the darkness, this is something im concerned about. i have 2 widescreen monitors at work, and 2 normal ones + 1 laptop at home and it appears a little bit different on all of them. (even the 2 work ones which are supposedly calibrated)

so its tricky to guage if something is 'too saturated' or 'too dark' on my own. (i suppose its like mixing, what sounds good on your rig isnt necessarily good on another!) I'll follow the general feedback and tweak it if necessary :)
GaryG
KVRAF

4634 posts since 13 Jan, 2003, from Kent, UK

Postby GaryG; Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:06 am

gamecat666 wrote:regarding the darkness, this is something im concerned about. i have 2 widescreen monitors at work, and 2 normal ones + 1 laptop at home and it appears a little bit different on all of them. (even the 2 work ones which are supposedly calibrated)

I can sympathise there, I've even had colours look significantly different on web pages i've knocked up on different machines.

But no matter, that's a really nice skin, particularly like the orange section at the top. I'd agree the darkness is maybe a little extreme but the overall effect is good. I'd probably drop the random circles (holes) if it was my skin, prefer the simpler look, but, y'know, still look cool. :)

Nice work.
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")
Teksonik
KVRAF

8750 posts since 15 Sep, 2001, from Las Vegas,USA

Postby Teksonik; Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:38 am

Hey great work. :tu: If you're looking for some high quality free plugins that could use some skin love try Blue Cat Audio.

http://www.bluecataudio.com/Main/Home/
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
sinkmusic
KVRAF

5585 posts since 28 Apr, 2004, from france

Postby sinkmusic; Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:24 am

That is a very nice GUI, congratulation
core
KVRAF

4220 posts since 2 Sep, 2005, from city of lights (nl)

Postby core; Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:29 am

Very nice, thanks for sharing!
rekkerd.org - latest news, free samples, audio plugins, patches & sounds and plugins deals
V'ger
KVRAF

3921 posts since 15 Dec, 2009

Postby V'ger; Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:36 am

Thx :)
bailees7irish
KVRAF

2557 posts since 30 Mar, 2007, from virginia, US

Postby bailees7irish; Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:21 am

GaryG wrote:
gamecat666 wrote:regarding the darkness, this is something im concerned about. i have 2 widescreen monitors at work, and 2 normal ones + 1 laptop at home and it appears a little bit different on all of them. (even the 2 work ones which are supposedly calibrated)

I can sympathise there, I've even had colours look significantly different on web pages i've knocked up on different machines.

But no matter, that's a really nice skin, particularly like the orange section at the top. I'd agree the darkness is maybe a little extreme but the overall effect is good. I'd probably drop the random circles (holes) if it was my skin, prefer the simpler look, but, y'know, still look cool. :)

Nice work.

nope, those subtle circles on the GUI make it unique to Triple Cheese. love the skin! :)
FL Studio 11 / Music Creator 6 Touch / Fabfilter One / Aalto / Alchemy / Cumulus / Scanned Synth Pro / Consequence / EVE / Harmless / Ohmboyz / Mobilohm / Hematohm / Predatohm / Eos
GeorgeZ
KVRAF

2835 posts since 29 May, 2009, from New Zealand

Postby GeorgeZ; Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:50 am

Good job gamecat, and thanks for sharing!
Eternitysound VST Banks
kejkz
KVRist

434 posts since 8 Dec, 2004, from Belgrade

Postby kejkz; Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:03 am

great skin, now triple cheese sounds like quadruple :D
synthtweaker
KVRist

231 posts since 10 Jul, 2004, from Wales, UK

Postby synthtweaker; Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:42 am

That's a beauty - thanks! And please do some more :)
Savaran - Ambient, Soundscaping and Electronic tracks at Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/savaran
GaryG
KVRAF

4634 posts since 13 Jan, 2003, from Kent, UK

Postby GaryG; Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:26 pm

GaryG wrote:that's a really nice skin, particularly like the orange section at the top.

and as if to prove a point, now i'm home on my laptop and that 'orange' bit is more of a dusty crimson...

anyone recommend some good display calibration software for me? :)
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")
glokraw
KVRAF

5128 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Postby glokraw; Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:43 pm

That's a fine new skin! There are new triplecheese sounds too, if no one has checked in the last year. Progress is a great thing. Thankyou for sharing this :)
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments