Pits And Gits - more Csound music from StudioDave

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://linux-sound.org/audio/PitsAndGits.mp3

http://linux-sound.org/audio/PitsAndGits.ogg

More music (well, that's what I call it) created with the Csound modules in Jean-Pierre Lemoine's AVSynthesis.

Sound world inspired by the works of Varese, Kagel, and Kenji Kawai.

Not quiet music but nice over headphones. :)

Comments welcome. Bon apetit !

Best,

dp

I can hear the Varese. The only Kagel I've heard hurt my ears with unpleasant hight pitches and I didn't get that here, I'm happy to say. Kenji Kawai I don't know, but I'll look into.

Another strange but much enjoyed Csound piece. Thanks, StudioDave.
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:... The only Kagel I've heard hurt my ears with unpleasant hight pitches and I didn't get that here, I'm happy to say.
:)

Too bad about your experience with Kagel's music. The influence here is more "in the spirit" than in imitation or derived sound. He had a good sense of humor regarding things his Darmstadt fellows took very seriously.
Kenji Kawai I don't know, but I'll look into.
He composed the soundtrack to Ghost In The Shell. It remains one of my favorite scores, a very haunting soundworld.
Another strange but much enjoyed Csound piece. Thanks, StudioDave.
Thank you, D.H., your comments are always appreciated. Btw, do you have a site for your music ?

Best,

dp

Interesting stuff, makes me think of my college days. I could never get a whole composition out of Csound. So much work. That you've done so is impressive.

StudioDave wrote:
D.H. Miltz wrote:... The only Kagel I've heard hurt my ears with unpleasant hight pitches and I didn't get that here, I'm happy to say.

Too bad about your experience with Kagel's music. The influence here is more "in the spirit" than in imitation or derived sound. He had a good sense of humor regarding things his Darmstadt fellows took very seriously.
Yeah, you know this month's Music Cafe contest was about composing something that got to the "roots" of some genre. I kinda tried a couple of things drawing from some of my main influences over the years, which included late 20th century composers like Kagel, Free Jazz and so on.

Unfortunately, one tends to end up in a similar situation. Are there really some discernible forms in those schools of music? Some combination of composed music and improvisation, maybe? Stockhausen meets Cage meets Sun Ra?? :hihi:

For some of us who grew up during that time their influence on our aesthetics was quite significant. But if pressed to make some clear connection between one's modest efforts and their works, ah, there indeed is the rub.

StudioDave wrote:Btw, do you have a site for your music ?
I don't. At some point I might, but for now it's all just hosted somewhere like Fileden then posted here.

On Kagel: He's still on the list to hear more of (put there initially by my enjoyment of rp314's tribute to him in a KVR contest entry). What I heard was intriguing, I've just developed a hypersensitivity to very high pitched sounds. Ruined the only Luigi Nono I've heard too.
No longer a moderator.

real nice sound design and arrangement.. love the reverb u used..an unusual and interesting listen for me.thanx for the share.
"any path is only a path..."
www.soundcloud.com/tatsama

Return to “Music Cafe”