FL Studio Mobile

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Z3R0T0N1N wrote:and naturally Android is left out. :(
Unfortunately it's not easy making audio Android apps at this point, the latency is huge. Hopefully Google does something about it - Gingerbread supposedly did but I read that it's not good enough yet.

Unfortunately it's not easy making audio Android apps at this point, the latency is huge. Hopefully Google does something about it - Gingerbread supposedly did but I read that it's not good enough yet.
& to be honnest even Microsoft never managed to do this. Without ASIO in Windows what would we have?
-old MME & its huge latency
-DirectSound that WAS ok, but now deprecated (god knows why) & not accelerated anymore
-Wasapi that could have been like ASIO if Microsoft had understood our needs, but no it's another unnecessarily complex API once again based on shitty polling, which is why it has hardly be used in anything yet
DOLPH WILL PWNZ0R J00r LAWZ!!!!

Jono-60 wrote:Will there be synths?
Good question. Will there be VA synths like in NanoStudio? Or samplesynth like in Beatmaker II or is a sampleplayer/mangler?

Jono-60 wrote:Was this developed by Xewton?
Fl Studio Mobile was indeed developed in collaboration with Xewton.

We added :

- a step sequencer
- drumpads for the drumkits
- Image-Line (sample, synth & drum) content
- an export module to allow import in FL Studio
- a new UI
Yes and no : All instruments (including our synths) are sampled.
Jean-Marie Cannie @ Image-Line - FL Studio

JMC wrote:
Jono-60 wrote:Was this developed by Xewton?
Fl Studio Mobile was indeed developed in collaboration with Xewton.

We added :

- a step sequencer
- drumpads for the drumkits
- Image-Line (sample, synth & drum) content
- an export module to allow import in FL Studio
- a new UI
Sample Slicer?, something like slicex but reduced...?
Who is this doing this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic funkin'?

This is gonna be good :wink:
Looking forward to it's release.
Any idea on price yet?
:)

Looking interesting, very interesting if I'm honest.

A few questions if I may...

1. Any idea on price yet?
2. Midi export? (btw, the answer you should be saying is 'of course...' :)
3. Realistic track count for current Ipad models?
4. Will it in your opinion be useful for non-fruity users or tailored to existing Fruity users as a sketchpad for the full FL - Maybe this is more like question 2 part (b).
5. Just out of interest, how much sample memory is available on the Ipad? Again, maybe this should have been linked with q3, sorry :)

Thanks in advance

:)
No, that Glitch is meant to be there.....
http://soundcloud.com/punisha
http://www.myspace.com/punishadubs

JMC wrote:- an export module to allow import in FL Studio.
Will you be able to export to wav and transfer via wi-fi too? (cartainly hope so or else it will be for FL users only)
JMC wrote:-
In Beatmaker II, there is a samplebased synth, so you can weak the samples. Xewton Music Music Studio has only got sampleplayers for synth with no tweakability. Can your sounds be tweaked?

i understand about the latency issue (although I've got some things on my Desire which don't have any perceptible latency, they are not as complex as FL).
Still, I hope someone is working on something similar. Reloops is not my thing. RB-3 is good, but no stringing of patterns. Seriously great sounding 303 though :D (for a phone, anyway)

But I would cheerfully pay for a crossgrade of some kind for a version of FL for tablet computers. My Slate is 11x7 widescreen, w/ 2 gig RAM and a 1.6 ghz CPU, running Win7 X64. Certainly good enough to run FL, which I do - but the buttons are so small on this screen. I know it would mean more than just a re-skin or something, maybe some gesture stuff. I sure would love to have FL on my Slate though, and I bet there would be scads of customers for such a thing.

Of course I'm no marketing expert so I could be totally wrong on that.
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

ulozilla wrote:Sample Slicer?, something like slicex but reduced...?
The idea is to launch it with a set of pre-sliced loops & see how well it's received. If things work out well we'll do a full blown slicer but it isn't very clear on how (and why?) you'd put new loops in the app.
Jean-Marie Cannie @ Image-Line - FL Studio

Is it just me, or does it seem a little weird that FLS (with all the please port it to Apple back draft over the years) is going mobile and will only be available on Apple hardware hahaha
And the irony on top of that is that it will allow export to the full FLS, but most people who own Ipads own Apple desktops no ?

Dunno i guess it is just me hahahha
Omerta

NAS wrote:Is it just me, or does it seem a little weird that FLS (with all the please port it to Apple back draft over the years) is going mobile and will only be available on Apple hardware hahaha
And the irony on top of that is that it will allow export to the full FLS, but most people who own Ipads own Apple desktops no ?

If they also allow for "normal" export to wav over WI-FI that is no issue, because you would not have to own Fruity Loops in the first place to export your tunes. However, it seems that we can not get a clear answer on that for the time being. Maybe IM are too busy, but it is indeed an essential question if the app is meant to compete with studios like Nanostudio, Beatmaker II and Aurora.

Question (sorry if this was asked already)- I have life time updates. Would our updates apply to this app?

Would be nice if apple made a mobile version of logic!

So does this mean that Music Studio's next version is in fact, FL Studio Mobile? As in, Image-Line bought Xewton and Music Studio will be rebranded. I'm assuming this because I don't see why Xewton would work with Image-Line on this (being a competitor) unless this is what's happening. Or maybe they understand FL Studio will be very popular by reputation alone, so they are willing to take a slice of the pie, even if it'll eat into Music Studio's sales. Or was the agreement that they get to use your newly developed features, and you get to use their engine, so it's a mutually beneficial deal? Their current update list of features they're working on perfectly mirrors the new features that Image-Line is adding, so that's why I'm thinking this.

I'm also curious how FL mobile and Music Studio will be able to co-exist, according to the screenshots at least, they look very much alike. And especially now with Garage Band coming, if there'll be any market at all for them. I have Music Studio and I really like it, but of all the apps I have, it's the closest to Garage Band, and it will never be able to keep up with it, I assume. Sad for Xewton who must have put a lot of resources and time into their app. Hope I'm wrong though.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”