Norf 'n Souf back in harness

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After some 'idle' (har!) time I finally managed to get to do some musical stuff again and also pulled in my co-conspirator from the far North er, Midlands :)
Synth is me, as is the lead guitar, whereas all the other guitar parts, including the 'interlude' lead are offthewall.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions are all welcome, and I'm sure we'd even accept these: Image Oh, and the tune is Faded Pictures as an ogg or mp3
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Lovely piece of work, gentlemen. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

Kinda David Lynch-y... I like it. 8)
Image Image

lovely sound, melodic heaven you guys

Very nice one ! I like the sound achieved combining elements from both of you.
Focused on melody indeed.

Cheers

Thanks a lot guys :hyper:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Lovely, Will. Very enjoyable music, my compliments to the chefs. :)

Best,

dp

Thanks Dave - clearly the cookery lessons were a success :)

It's the bastard child of Enigma and Chris Isaak.

I like.

How were the guitars recorded btw? They're super clean (which in the context of this track is a good thing).

How were the guitars recorded btw?
You will have to wait for Folderol to tell you how his main 'electric' lead was recorded, but the acoustic was done like this.
It is an experiment I been working on. Having worked with solely acoustic guitars for a long time I recently got an electro-acoustic (Ibanez) so I recorded two mono tracks together, one from the built-in pick-up system and one from a condenser mic, then mixed them down as a stereo track. It seemed to me to have some very interesting results.
The finalised track was then mixed in to the overall session by Folderol.

:wink:
James
---------------------------------------------
New Updated music site at - http://www.fraserology.com/music/

Sorry I'm late - been working on my compo entry :D

The electric was taken direct to the DAW via a simple buffer preamp. The only effects added (in the DAW) were a bit of compression and quite a lot of reverb. The guitar is a Squier Tele.

Nice one.. enjoyable restful mood and beautiful melody.. sounds good

Thanks for the insights into the guitar recording. It's still a very new field for me, and something else to be shite at for the next several years :D

Thanks a lot markkuja. Knowing your own guitar work this comes as high praise :)

tehlord wrote:Thanks for the insights into the guitar recording. It's still a very new field for me, and something else to be shite at for the next several years :D
Don't tell anyone but I'm quite new to guitar recording myself :P

If I can do it there's hope for everyone else :lol:

Just a little bumpicle before page 3 and oblivion :)

Return to “Music Cafe”