Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise
himalaya
KVRAF

4110 posts since 23 Mar, 2006, from pendeLondonmonium

Postby himalaya; Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:19 am 'Modernity' for DCAM Synth Squad - new sound bank

Hi All,

I'm very happy to announce a new sound bank for DCAM Synth Squad which is released and distributed by FXpansion.

'Modernity' consists of contemporary sounds suitable for modern dance styles and is created for Fusor. Electro, Progressive House, Minimal Techno, Dubstep, etc. producers will find lots of usable material with sequenced Animator layers, raw and deep basses, effects with practical transition sweeps, snappy but full plucks, minimal synth sounds, Dubstep basses and textures... etc.

Each preset has Fusor Macros assigned for immediate transformation.

These are the sound categories covered:

Animator (this in itself contains a sub group of bass/chord/leads).
Arpeggiated
Bass
Chord
Special FX
Keys
Lead
Pad
Pluck
Sequenced Bass
Sequenced Chord
Sequenced Synth
Sequenced FX
Synth
Texture

Please have a listen to audio demos which showcase most sounds in complete tracks and single preset sound categories. The single preset demos are sometimes accompanied by drum loops to put the preset in context. Demos and more info:
http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=134
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
penguinfromdeep
KVRAF

2004 posts since 18 Nov, 2008

Postby penguinfromdeep; Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:33 am

Bought it earlier today after getting the newsletter... Just going through it but some very juicy sounds there! Another killer pack from you ;)
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool
bill45
KVRAF

1928 posts since 14 Jun, 2006

Postby bill45; Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:49 am

Listenig to the demos now!I think these patches could fit into prog, classic
rock,and prog metal mixes too.I gotta get dcam.These patches have a Beautiful snappy top end,like some moog voyager demos I've heard.Did you use any additional processing.
pdxindy
KVRAF

11509 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:03 am

excellent sounds as usual
Igro
KVRAF

3834 posts since 26 Apr, 2007, from Noosphere

Postby Igro; Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:26 am

Those glided leads in progression 1 demo sound really cool.
himalaya
KVRAF

Postby himalaya; Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:45 pm

@penguinfromthedeep,
Thank you and let the juicy bits nourish your music well. :D

@bill45,
That is it. With creative approach these sounds, like any other, can be used in styles you mention as well. I'm glad you have said that. The Bass, Lead and Pad presets especially.

With regards to additional processing. There was no external corrective EQ processing used in any of the demos, however Fusor's EQ is used in some presets, sometimes in a dynamic manner, so that as you turn the mod wheel up the EQ could be cutting or boosting, depending on what else is going on with the mod wheel.
In the Track demos I used compression mostly to provide side chain pumping to keep tracks in context of the genre they imitate. See both Progression demos. The effect is very evident.

The category demos with single presets do not use compression to such an extent, only to keep the peaks at bay. All demos have a limiter on the output bus to rise the level and keep demos in line with most other dance oriented demos by other companies. But there is no processing here which would alter the sound so much as to mislead the listener.

@pdxindy,
Thank you :-)

@Igro
That's an Animator preset (AN Progressing).
himalaya
KVRAF

Postby himalaya; Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:52 am

Forgot to mention, some of these presets are a bit CPU heavy with 3 synths and lots of effects, but then I suppose DCAM users know that Synth Squad requires a couple of cores or more.
Angus_FX
KVRAF

4596 posts since 17 Jul, 2002, from London, UK

Postby Angus_FX; Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:23 am

Surprised this isn't getting more attention here really.. the pack is perfect for the dubstep & prog house crowds. Maybe you should have called the thread "How do I make a wobble bass? [SOLVED]".. or "How do I make a Deadmau5 pluck [SOLVED]" ;)
FXpansion Audio UK Ltd.
FX Twitter | FX YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco | Geist
penguinfromdeep
KVRAF

2004 posts since 18 Nov, 2008

Postby penguinfromdeep; Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:31 am

It's super pack, any electronic dance musician owning d-cam should grab this immediately. Very inspirational!
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool
Lotuzia
KVRAF

9274 posts since 19 Feb, 2004, from Paris

Postby Lotuzia; Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:19 pm

Angus_FX wrote:Surprised this isn't getting more attention here really.. the pack is perfect for the dubstep & prog house crowds. Maybe you should have called the thread "How do I make a wobble bass? [SOLVED]".. or "How do I make a Deadmau5 pluck [SOLVED]" ;)

I would not limit it in two subgenres, whatever hyped they can be atm, this soundset is interesting for all pure electronic genres imho, and probably more. If I had SSQuad, I would be tempted.

And some of the demos are very nice too :tu:

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments