Free Sound Toys Plugin!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This was posted on their Facebook page a short while ago. It looks like attendees at SXSW got the code for a new plugin, apparently called "DevilLoc", and are free to distribute it (requires iLok).

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 83&theater

Anybody got the code yet?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

And, it looks like the webpage is up, but still no code to be found.

http://www.soundtoys.com/sxswpromo/contest

Devil-Loc - audio level destroyer
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

iLok........for a free plugin.......sometimes you just want to bang your head on a wall..........other times you want to bang someone elses head on a wall...........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It's another Sound Toys gimmick!! :lol: :lol:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

they are missing out on a golden opportunity to convert some ilok virgins into paying sound toys customers
A guy walks into a laundry run by cats. "Excuse me", he said to the cat in charge, "Can you get milk stains out?" "Sure," replied the cat. "We'll have that stain licked in a minute!"

Teksonik wrote:iLok........for a free plugin.......sometimes you just want to bang your head on a wall..........other times you want to bang someone elses head on a wall...........
+1

ImageImage

How about this, Ilok my door at night so no one can steel Devil LOk? :hihi:

got the code & downloaded, thanks

WOK wrote:
Teksonik wrote:iLok........for a free plugin.......sometimes you just want to bang your head on a wall..........other times you want to bang someone elses head on a wall...........
+1

Not entirely sure I understand your point :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
WOK wrote:
+1

I wouldn't buy that CD or even bother with the hassle and inconvenience of trying to listen to it, even if it was free.

I no longer use any dongled software. I see a connection...

My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

Awesome - thanks for the share codes, guys! Off to d/l it.

Teksonik wrote:
WOK wrote:
+1

I referred to "bang heads.." - it matches for both....
- but wait - there is more; what if developers will rely back on the ancient systems of protection since C64?
You would need a floppy disk drive again to install the program, because the install disc has a hole punched in at a special position that reads as a damaged sector. The setup installs the special floppy driver and dongle driver. You will also be asked for a serial number, which is printed with dark red color on light red paper. After restarting your PC, insert your dongle and start the program. It will ask you to type the 5th word of line 8 at page 287 of the user manual. Use this word with the included code wheel to gain access to the program. To avoid automatic crack routines, the software will ask you "human" questions from time to time during use like "what is bigger - a tree or an ant?". Dont' forget to type the captcha when answering the question, or your plugin will be terminated (crashing your host).
ImageImage

Might as well post my code here too as other peeps have done ;)

So if you need it

https://www.soundtoys.com/sxswpromo/&rc=3D356-4518-444
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

WOK wrote: I referred to "bang heads.." - it matches for both....
- but wait - there is more; what if developers will rely back on the ancient systems of protection since C64?
You would need a floppy disk drive again to install the program, because the install disc has a hole punched in at a special position that reads as a damaged sector. The setup installs the special floppy driver and dongle driver. You will also be asked for a serial number, which is printed with dark red color on light red paper. After restarting your PC, insert your dongle and start the program. It will ask you to type the 5th word of line 8 at page 287 of the user manual. Use this word with the included code wheel to gain access to the program. To avoid automatic crack routines, the software will ask you "human" questions from time to time during use like "what is bigger - a tree or an ant?". Dont' forget to type the captcha when answering the question, or your plugin will be terminated (crashing your host).
I do remember software for my old Atari ST that required you to look up a word in the manual..............luckily any company that tried that or any of the above methods today would go out of business in an instant......... :hihi:

But trying to protect a free product with iLok is a bit different to me than trying to protect a commercial product.......copy protection for freeware is just silly...........

Return to “Effects”