Will shreddage and (X) work with the kontakt 4 player?

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Will shreddage and (X) work with the kontakt 4 player?

Thanks,

dw

Well, technically yes... but they will load in demo mode, so they time out after a little while. Thus is life as a small Kontakt developer :( There isn't any affordable way for us to use Kontakt Player for our libraries.

That being said, we're porting the original Shreddage to Image-Line's DirectWave format, which is a bit more accessible. ShreddageX, for now, will remain Kontakt 4 only due to the fact that it has scripted legato.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Sorry if thats a stupid question, but I wonder whether it would make sense for me to buy Shreddage (X) when I don't own Kontakt (and definitely won't be able to afford it for a long time ;) ). So I wonder whether Shreddage is of much use if you don't really change any settings, but only use the presets or make small changes, because then reloading Kontakt player now and then wouldn't be much of a problem, I guess.
Thanks for your answer :)

sebaskopf wrote:Sorry if thats a stupid question, but I wonder whether it would make sense for me to buy Shreddage (X) when I don't own Kontakt
Based on comments from other user, Kontakt Player does currently not work well with Shreddage It will put you in so-called "demo mode", which requires a restart of Kontakt Player every 30 min. or so.

Of course you could e.g. play some phrases, freeze them (make an audio file) and continue working - but for sure, you won't benefit that much and will have to cope with the demo mode.

IMO most good sample libraries (except those provided by NI explicitly for Kontakt Player) do only make sense if you own the Kontakt Full Version.

kind regards
Tom

Grab any future NI sales, Kontakt could be up to 50% cheaper then. Usually spring or Xmas or Thanksgiving.

Yes, and it's definitely worth getting. If you can get an academic discount, that can help too. $200 or so for Kontakt is an excellent deal. I can't really recommend using Shreddage without Kontakt just because it's annoying to worry about timeouts (not because you need to actually edit it - it sounds great out of the box.) But again, if you don't think you can afford Kontakt, look into DirectWave or DirectWave Player. We will be porting to that format soon.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Thank you for all these answers.
I'm just afraid of buying Kontakt now and later buying Komplete anyway. And if I got it right, I can't use educational discount, when I'm still going to school, so I guess I'd have to wait for a good offer or simply buy Shreddage and freeze my simple riffs :)

I'm in the same boat too.

I don't really want to buy Kontakt (which is in fact nearly as expensive as the whole Komplete package and so I would then spend the 100 extra to have the bundle) only for Shreddage...but I don't really see any other solution so I'll wait for the next special discount event.
Macbook Pro with Logic Studio/Mainstage

Well, Shreddage does come with all samples in easily accessible .WAV files, so you don't necessarily need Kontakt to use it. I'd estimate having Kontakt makes Shreddage about 1,369 times easier to work with, though.

True enough, although I've been getting lazy on this kind of topic lately (Not used to do sample bank instruments myself anymore except on my good old E-mu Esynth Ultra but for other reasons).

And trying to remap everything to a playable instrument in EXS24 (or other) is...well in the end I'll just bite my teeth and purchase Kontakt I guess (Although already having the whole east west collection and Omnisphere I just didn't want to add another oversized sample bank vst doing triple use)
Macbook Pro with Logic Studio/Mainstage

Return to “Impact Soundworks”