One-Synth-Challenge 28: Tyrell N6 - Submissions and gossip [Rules updated]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tyrell Nexus 6

EDIT: Due to excessive CPU usage, sampling of the synth is now allowed, see the rule section below.

ONE-SYNTH-CHALLENGE WEBSITE
RULES:
Create a track using only Tyrell Nexus 6 for all sounds, including percussion.

Read the rules HERE!

Upload to SoundCloud only.

Songs must be submitted before 1st June (KVR time)

Rule updates:

No external samples or live sounds like voice, guitar etc allowed. However, for convenience or CPU saving, synth bouncing/sampling are allowed but only where the exact same result could have been achieved using the original synth.

But with the opening of sampling, entries will naturally be scrutinized more, and also just to include what was always possible, this rule will also be added:

OSC reserves the right to request project files, failure of compliance leading to disqualification. (intellectual property respected with file used for examination only and destroyed immediately afterwards)

NOTE:
1. A reminder to name and tag the file properly, they should both be the same like this: Artist - Song Name.mp3 where artist name is your KVR nick.

2. Also remember that ALL effects must be free and available to all. That means NO host effects are allowed. Exception is host EQ.

PRIZES:

U-he: Zebra
Wusik : Wusik Station V6 Full + Wusik EVE V2 Full
GSI : Free choice of one plugin
[url=hhttp://www.genuinesoundware.com]Image[/url]
MaxSynths : Free choice of either Cryologic, Teutonic Tension or aPiano
Frantic Records : Free choice of 2 soundsets: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune
Electric Himalaya : Free choice of one soundset (as sold directly via the website)
Luftrum : Luftrum5 - a ReFill for Reason
Voltage Disciple : Free choice of one Ableton Live pack
EDT Audio : Zebrosis soundbank

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by V'ger on Thu May 05, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.

A heads up for those who don't already know - there's also a Tyrell patch contest running (almost) simultaneously in the u-he forum.

The best patch wins the designer their choice of one piece of u-he software. 8)

Can I throw a Zebra in for the winner?

;) Urs

Mighty generous of you, thanks! :tu:

That should put some extra nerve in the competition..

Another prize to the competition with Voltage Disciple donating a free choice of one Ableton Live pack. Thanks! :)

Yet another prize to the pool with EDT Audio donating Zebrosis soundbank for Zebra. Thanks!

Hi ,

i did always follow the one synth challenge.

And its fantastic what some artists can do !

And now tyrell (what not runs on my f*** old composter :bang: )

Hey i hope you let the bits and bytes rock like hell ! :phones:

Greatings
Thomas

Outstanding choice! I've been lurking with interest in this competition for a long time. May be this will push me over the edge to contribute. Synths like Tyrell are so much even for a guitar guy.

My GOSH URS! (caps intended): WHAT A BEAST! very nice synth indeed :)

I'm am having so much fun :shock:

I have two track ideas going, but as I sit here and listen I am amazed at the range of sound you can get out of Tyrell. Stunning

Who else has had to freeze tracks yet? :o

Nice OSC. :) And a chance to get Zebra! I might try to contribute something.

However, with the CPU usage of Tyrell...
You are however allowed to bounce sounds or tracks of the synth to save CPU etc, but they must not be processed after that (not even EQ).
...this rule seems a bit odd :?

How so?

Because I'm not allowed to use EQ, apply sends like reverb / delay to fit it in the mix or alike.

The current patch I'm using is taken 20% CPU already. EQ is needed sometimes to fit something into the mix. Same goes for delay / reverb. Obviously pads will take also heavy CPU and I might want to apply some delay or reverb to that. And this rule says, if I bounce that pad to audio, I can't apply reveb / delay.

That's why. :)
Last edited by tibah on Tue May 03, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EDIT: Beaten to it.

what emotica said.

Last edited by hakey on Tue May 03, 2011 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

elipsis1 wrote:Who else has had to freeze tracks yet? :o
:hihi: :help: :help: :help: :hihi:

This truly is one amazing synth, with the CPU hit to match. To be honest this will be a new way of working for me which is I suppose what the OSC is all about, as I normally just run everything 'live' without my PC batting an eyelid - but with Tyrell it's screaming for mercy by track 2!

Jon

Return to “Instruments”