ADHD "progressive" electro/psytrance/tribal

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My friend did this way back when he was in school getting his music theory degree with a focus on guitar, I think in about 2005 or so. The professor gave them a simple assignment to make a song that helped them learn how to do some things with Garage Band. So this is mostly sample/loops composed using Garage Band stock loops and whatever else was on the schools computer systems. He said he did play a few parts on the keyboard but not much. It's nothing special, but it's an enjoyable listen because it hardly repeats any parts and kind of takes you on a journey through different genres. He calls it the ADHD Techno track because it wanders all over the place and does not really have a defining song structure, so it really is "progressive" :lol: Basically just some tasty ear candy. Reminds me a lot of Infected Mushroom/Ozric Tentacles. He just told me the 1st minute or so should have been taken out. It turns into a more housey electro/psytrance/big beat track after that.

I have had this track on my hard drive for a while and just listened to it again. Decided it could use some finalizing/mastering to bring it up to a bangin club level track. He only has the rendered final file, so there is no chance to go back and edit parts etc.

So here it is for your listening pleasure.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6185854/kvr%20s ... ter%29.mp3

I really like the guitar sound in the beginning. It's definitely a progressive piece, because where it's progressing to, I have no idea lol. But when you think of it that way, the song seems liberating. It has no rules.
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."

~Albert Camus~

Ha! That is great!
I think I can agree the first minute seems not to fit in too well with the rest, but I still like how it sounds. I can't help but smile when that straight up honky tonk, hick harmonica comes it. It seems so strangely out of place, but still in place with the rest of the song.

Return to “Music Cafe”