What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

StripBus - Console emulation bundle - Available Now

Official support for: sknote.it

Moderator: quintosardo

kbl
KVRer

25 posts since 21 Feb, 2004

Postby kbl; Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:08 am

Just to figure out am I on the right version :

Bus is on 1.02
Strip is on 2.03 (in an intermediate 32bit only Bugfix version)

Regards

Kristian Blume
KVRAF

3300 posts since 15 Jul, 2004, from Italy

Postby quintosardo; Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:10 pm

Oh, no, still at work :)

Waiting for the user area.

@kbl: Bus is v.2! Sending a new link.

Opto2A meter: it is linked to an internal point, surely it needs a better link. But the gain reduction needle should be good.
Electronics and music: www.sknote.it
Recording in Italy: www.skstudio.it
KVRian

1137 posts since 2 Mar, 2009, from Crossett, Arkansas, USA

Postby Agreed; Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:24 pm

Just bought this based on quite a lot of research and listening to clips, watching the demo videos. I'm searching for a great channel strip that I can throw on each track as an insert in a mix that will lend some character and offer some great features that all play nicely with one another, to help make my ITB mixing setup into something a little closer to physical console-based mixing. And given that something fancy on the master bus is usually a stand-out feature of the really nice consoles, StripBUS should be a great "bonus," since I don't have anything that does quite what it does all put together in a straightforward interface. I have less colorful and more complex software, but this is a particular niche I am glad to fill now and which I think, if it works up to my hopes and expectations based on testimonials and videos/clips, will be just what I'm looking for.

Really filling some holes in my toolkit lately, I hope this performs as well for me as it does in demonstrations and in others' assessments of the software. I know the very low price tag compared to Slate VCC, etc. means that worst case scenario, even if it takes me longer than 7 days to decide it wasn't the right tool, I'm only out the price of ordering out pizza, haha. But I'm hoping that this will put a nice end to one particular search I've had lately for a nice, colorful channel strip plugin that offers some classic character and a really professional feature set. The interoperability of this is what ended up selling me, ultimately; that level of control over the "bigger picture" of a mix (and crosstalk emulation, a feature I didn't expect to get at this price!) should be profoundly useful.

Now that I've made payment I really look forward to when I am contacted with details on how to download and install, I'm ready to get to work on a collaboration I'm doing for fun which calls for some coloration and which will really let me get to know the inter-linked features of this seemingly very remarkable bang for the buck plugin. I hope I don't run into any bugs, using it in Reaper 4 64-bit. I read about issues last year but hopefully they're resolved now and both STRIPbus and StripBUS are in good working order with 64-bit versions that don't give any trouble :)

I am now also interested in a user area, just because it seems so handy given that there are quite a lot of plugins and I imagine it must be difficult to manage the versioning and all that manually! I will almost certainly want to pick up more plugins, but I'd like to do so when the web site does feature a robust user area. But for this, I just couldn't wait :lol:
KVRer

26 posts since 19 Sep, 2012

Postby vstparty; Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:23 pm

Definitely looks interesting! Do all instances with the same settings produce the identical effect? In other words, if I applied stripbus to two tracks containing the same audio and then inverted the phase of one, would they cancel out?
KVRian

735 posts since 23 May, 2011, from los angeles

Postby jam92189; Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:42 pm

vstparty wrote:Definitely looks interesting! Do all instances with the same settings produce the identical effect? In other words, if I applied stripbus to two tracks containing the same audio and then inverted the phase of one, would they cancel out?
no they do not nul I did this test already. basically they all talk to each other like a console you can not nul because once you put another on they automatically start effecting sounds differently
KVRAF

Postby quintosardo; Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:09 pm

vstparty wrote:Definitely looks interesting! Do all instances with the same settings produce the identical effect? In other words, if I applied stripbus to two tracks containing the same audio and then inverted the phase of one, would they cancel out?

If the two tracks are absulutely identical, they should cancel out only if you export one in solo and then the other one in solo. This is because jam92189 is right, the Strips interact as a whole.

But they don't contain static differences. so each instance ISN'T behaving differently per se. The orther of inserting of the instances on the tracks would have affected the ound,notherwise, and it wouldn't have beent a good thing, from my point of view.
KVRian

735 posts since 23 May, 2011, from los angeles

Postby jam92189; Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:15 pm

quintosardo wrote:

If the two tracks are absulutely identical, they should cancel out only if you export one in solo and then the other one in solo. This is because jam92189 is right, the Strips interact as a whole.

But they don't contain static differences. so each instance ISN'T behaving differently per se. The orther of inserting of the instances on the tracks would have affected the ound,notherwise, and it wouldn't have beent a good thing, from my point of view.

static differences cause inconsistent results in my opinion. like if it sounded good on this day the next day it might sound totally different
KVRAF

Postby quintosardo; Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:47 pm

That's the point :)
TFF
KVRist

253 posts since 25 Feb, 2010

Postby TFF; Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:13 am

Do you plan to update the manual for these plugins? It'd be nice to have all thew new EQ options and such explained.
KVRAF

Postby quintosardo; Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:34 pm

Did you look at the "how to" page from the bottom of StripBus web page??
KVRist

49 posts since 26 Dec, 2012

Postby icantdub; Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:41 pm

Picked up this bundle a few days ago, really great couple of plugins for the price. Got a couple of questions that I couldn't find an answer to in the tutorial on the sknote site, also I get 404 when trying to access the pdf instructions on the site.

What's the difference between the Normal Q/High Q Now/High Q Export? I'm assuming it has something to do with the amount of oversampling in the plug? But I don't see any change in cpu usage between normal Q and high Q export (high Q now takes about 50% more cpu). Or is the high Q export same as normal Q during a live session but goes up when rendering offline?

Also would be nice to know how the routing inside the channel strip works. From what I can tell, gain is the input trim knob (drives the circuit into saturation) which is applied after the channel offset level, then comes the EQ and lastly vol which is the output volume knob. Is that about right? Is the ducking taking place before or after the EQ, or even before the gain? Sorry if this has been addressed earlier in the thread, 30+ pages is a bit tedious to plow through.

And just out of curiosity, are the compressor models for the bus and the console models for the channel strip modeled after any particular hardware? The opto 2A is modeled after an LA2A I presume, but what about the rest? Solid state and tube 76 are 1176? And the 4k is an SSL 4k compressor?

Apologies for the wall of text, anyway I'm really having a blast with these plugs, definitely going to check out some of the other sknote plugs, roundtone, the C165a and the reverbs are especially tempting. Have a great new year, cheers.
KVRAF

Postby quintosardo; Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:34 pm

icantdub wrote:Picked up this bundle a few days ago, really great couple of plugins for the price. Got a couple of questions that I couldn't find an answer to in the tutorial on the sknote site, also I get 404 when trying to access the pdf instructions on the site.

Hi icantdub, glad you jumped on board :)

icantdub wrote:What's the difference between the Normal Q/High Q Now/High Q Export? I'm assuming it has something to do with the amount of oversampling in the plug? But I don't see any change in cpu usage between normal Q and high Q export (high Q now takes about 50% more cpu). Or is the high Q export same as normal Q during a live session but goes up when rendering offline?

NormalQ is no_oversampling, Hi-Q on export activates 4x oversampling only during rendering, Hi-Q now activates 4x oversampling immediately.
This is why you don't see cpu load increase when switching from Normal Q to High Q on export.

icantdub wrote:Also would be nice to know how the routing inside the channel strip works. From what I can tell, gain is the input trim knob (drives the circuit into saturation) which is applied after the channel offset level, then comes the EQ and lastly vol which is the output volume knob. Is that about right? Is the ducking taking place before or after the EQ, or even before the gain? Sorry if this has been addressed earlier in the thread, 30+ pages is a bit tedious to plow through.

The chain is right.
The ducking is after the EQ.

icantdub wrote:And just out of curiosity, are the compressor models for the bus and the console models for the channel strip modeled after any particular hardware? The opto 2A is modeled after an LA2A I presume, but what about the rest? Solid state and tube 76 are 1176? And the 4k is an SSL 4k compressor?

Yes :)

Consoles are Adt, Neve, SSL, Gates (and more coming ;) )

icantdub wrote:Apologies for the wall of text, anyway I'm really having a blast with these plugs, definitely going to check out some of the other sknote plugs, roundtone, the C165a and the reverbs are especially tempting. Have a great new year, cheers.

Happy new year!

Let me know if you need info or help/tips :)
KVRist

180 posts since 14 Apr, 2008, from Berlin

Postby resistent; Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:45 pm

icantdub wrote:... I couldn't find an answer to in the tutorial on the sknote site, also I get 404 when trying to access the pdf instructions on the site...

Thx for the answers Quinto but is there a dedicated Manual?
LOVE*FIGHT*CREATE
-------------------------------------------
excusemyenglish
KVRer

8 posts since 7 Apr, 2012, from Stockholm

Postby sokoleski; Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:04 pm

[quote="TFF"]Do you plan to update the manual for these plugins? It'd be nice to have all thew new EQ options and such explained.[/quote

Yes , it would be great to get the diffrent EQ's explained in detail .
Theres even a 'new parallel equalizer' in there somewhere hints state... hmmm

Thanx Q
KVRAF

Postby quintosardo; Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:58 am

some65 wrote:
icantdub wrote:... I couldn't find an answer to in the tutorial on the sknote site, also I get 404 when trying to access the pdf instructions on the site...

Thx for the answers Quinto but is there a dedicated Manual?

Yes, it is the "how-to" page from the bottom of StripBus webpage.
It is here:

http://www.sknote.it/StripBus_HowTo.htm

Yes, there is a parallel filter inside Strip.

A smooth brightener, I use it on almost every single track, switching to its dynamic version when it is too strong.
PreviousNext

Moderator: quintosardo

Return to SKNote