What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

StripBus - Console emulation bundle - Available Now

Official support for: sknote.it

Moderator: quintosardo

quintosardo
KVRAF

3338 posts since 15 Jul, 2004, from Italy

Postby quintosardo; Mon May 23, 2011 3:50 am StripBus - Console emulation bundle - Available Now

***EDIT
Now available

StripBus is a full console emulation set.
It has been developed by tests and measurements on analog consoles, taking into account input stage, EQ, saturation on channel strip and saturation, bus compressor (!) on main bus.

It includes two plugins:

"Strip":
- dual mode: "Tube channel", "Solid state"
- input stage saturation
- hipass, parametric mids, lowpass
- VU and peak combined metering (!)
- bypass-all menu for fast wet-dry comparison (bypasses all plugin instances from a single menu)

"Bus":
- dual mode: "Tube summing", "Solid state"
- stereo bus compressors (with oversampling)
- Low and high frequencies enhance controls
- Mid-side balanced compression
- Parallel compression
- Upward compression

The two plugins have been developed to work as a whole system, emulating a full analog console.

No need to say, it is the perfect complement to Roundtone multitrack tape emulation.

The whole bundle will be priced 29.99USD (MSRP)

Strip unit

Bus unit

Last edited by quintosardo on Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
Electronics and music: www.sknote.it
Recording in Italy: www.skstudio.it
marmaz
KVRist

44 posts since 3 Sep, 2004, from Poland

Postby marmaz; Mon May 23, 2011 3:56 am

Sounds very promising :) And a great price!

Potential "Quinto plug-in" of the year ;)
dalor
KVRAF

2506 posts since 1 Dec, 2004, from Sydney, Australia

Postby dalor; Mon May 23, 2011 4:17 am

quintosardo wrote:The two plugins have been developed to work as a whole system, emulating a full analog console.
Does that mean your plugins work as a audio-signal send/receiver set?

VCC/Satson are 'distortion/sum' units where both send/receiver plugins don't transmit any audio signals but just plugin settings only (well VCC does).
Cowbells!
quintosardo
KVRAF

Postby quintosardo; Mon May 23, 2011 4:24 am

Yes, there is an internal link through strip plugin instances and main bus plugin.
This gives interaction through channels and summing bus.
An inter-channel ducking mode control could be added, too, we still have to decide if activate it or keep it simpler.
dalor
KVRAF

2506 posts since 1 Dec, 2004, from Sydney, Australia

Postby dalor; Mon May 23, 2011 4:32 am

:shock: Thanks quintosardo, sounds very interesting! Yes for ducking! I'm looking out for this one.

Sorry to be a pain but I have anothe question: will there be only 1 mixbus plugin (main output) or could be multiple sub busses be created (by using a mixbus plugin for each bus seperately)? So for each strip plugin the receiver plugin needs to be selected?
Cowbells!
quintosardo
KVRAF

Postby quintosardo; Mon May 23, 2011 4:35 am

Actually n strips (or sub-busses) -> one master stereo bus.
Maybe a deeper system could be developed, still testing...
quintosardo
KVRAF

Postby quintosardo; Mon May 23, 2011 7:06 am

Yes, ducking will be a feature.
lightsfadelow
KVRian

1373 posts since 24 Nov, 2008, from Seattle, WA

Postby lightsfadelow; Mon May 23, 2011 10:08 pm

OMG you guys are blowing my mind. Of course I'm buying this just like Roundtone, Presence, and GTS-39. You make it too easy to hit the buy button.

Questions: oversampling? It would be great if, like The Glue, all your plugs supported a choice for realtime and a different choice for rendering.
quintosardo
KVRAF

Postby quintosardo; Mon May 23, 2011 10:47 pm

aircargo wrote:OMG you guys are blowing my mind. Of course I'm buying this just like Roundtone, Presence, and GTS-39. You make it too easy to hit the buy button.

Questions: oversampling? It would be great if, like The Glue, all your plugs supported a choice for realtime and a different choice for rendering.

Ah ah, we didn't want to make you addicted ;)

Yes, of course. There is 4x oversampling (2x in the picture is from first tests) with an option to activate it only while rendering. A bit like Roundtone (but with some differences between "STRIPbus, the strip unit, and stripBUS, the bus unit").
Very light on cpu, of course, because the concept would be to have it on every track or group.
xamido
KVRian

880 posts since 1 May, 2010

Postby xamido; Mon May 23, 2011 10:57 pm

If u need beta tester i'm available. :p . Btw when will u release it?
GAS
quintosardo
KVRAF

Postby quintosardo; Mon May 23, 2011 11:17 pm

xamido wrote:If u need beta tester i'm available. :p . Btw when will u release it?

Please send an email :)
Beta could start next week.
kelvyn
KVRian

797 posts since 9 Mar, 2008, from netherlands

Postby kelvyn; Mon May 23, 2011 11:57 pm

Any idea when the AU versions of all plugs will be released?

Exciting times! Especially for those of us old enough to remember what it was like to mix on an analogue desk.

I remembered something funny this morning... In the seventies a lot of producers and engineers (Geoff Emerick, John Punter, Colin Fairley amongst others) used to like tracking on SSL but preferred mixing on a Neve. The reason was that the SSL was a very new design and seen as being very digital and clean sounding in comparison to the Neve which had a much warmer creamier sound. The mixing rooms (a very new concept at that time) at AIR studios were Neve.
quintosardo
KVRAF

Postby quintosardo; Tue May 24, 2011 12:34 am

Yes, the path of this technical evolution is incredible. We had hard times looking for "fidelity" (I'm from '65) and, when we got absolute fidelity (who asks for "hi-fi" today?) we missed something.
I'm not speaking about first digital editions (converters where limited and harsh), but of that "organic" thing.
The effort is to extract what was good (harmonics, interactions, ...) and avoid what was bad (noise, maybe?).
We'll get a nice imperfection/perfection mix. And then we'll understand we still miss something different :)

We are working hard on AU versions, but the first one is the hardest to obtain, as every time when porting to new systems.
kelvyn
KVRian

797 posts since 9 Mar, 2008, from netherlands

Postby kelvyn; Tue May 24, 2011 5:24 am

Really looking forward to the AU versions when they are ready :)
Dr.Gunjah
KVRian

525 posts since 20 Jun, 2010

Postby Dr.Gunjah; Tue May 24, 2011 7:13 am

quintosardo wrote:Yes, there is an internal link through strip plugin instances and main bus plugin.
This gives interaction through channels and summing bus.

Hey quinto,

can you explain that further?

Cheers,
Doc
http://soundcloud.com/daftndaze - Jungle, Drum'n'Bass and House productions - Feedback appreciated!
----
Want to save 10% on Fabfilter Plugins/Bundles?
Then PM me if you don't own any Fabfilter stuff yet!
Next

Moderator: quintosardo

Return to SKNote