Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Rack Extension (reason plugin)

whitewrabbit
KVRer

17 posts since 28 Jul, 2011

Postby whitewrabbit; Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:43 am Rack Extension (reason plugin)

I know this has just been announced but I feel like developing for reason would be a crazy good idea. 1 its a new medium and there wont be too many other plugin developers in the beginning. 2 there are tons of people that use reason. and 3 your price model and amazing plugins are the prime choice over most of the competition. those are of course my opinions (and i do have a bias and would personally like your plugins in reason) but it would be awesome. :)
quintosardo
KVRAF

3871 posts since 15 Jul, 2004, from Italy

Postby quintosardo; Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:01 pm

Hi,
Thanks! :)
I agree, it would be interesting. Not sure about porting the plugins to Reason, more probably doing some specific dedicated ones.
But RTAS/AAX before, then we'll see.
There is even a hardware device coming soon from here (a "color" analog summer), so time is never enough...
Electronics and music: www.sknote.it
Recording in Italy: www.skstudio.it
whitewrabbit
KVRer

17 posts since 28 Jul, 2011

Postby whitewrabbit; Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:13 pm

you never cease to amaze me, the work you do is really amazing and goes unrecognized... thank you.
goldenanalog
KVRian

1162 posts since 7 Dec, 2005, from somewhere between analog and digital

Postby goldenanalog; Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:38 am

Just reading about this-if it's true that Korg is involved (where are they going to go after Kronos?) then it becomes a no-brainer opportunity for a great under-appreciated dev! The way that I see it is dead-simple: Props finally wrote their own VST-like spec to allow third-party devs to participate in their incredibly popular platform- that's been coming for years, right?

Now is the time!

I also would not be surprised if Korg was looking at at least a partnering
With PH, because those of us that straddle hardware and software can tell you that hardware synth workstations are headed towards all but being completely replaced by portable fully-functioning real-time keyboard controller/computer workstation equivalents; which I believe in part is evidenced in the current analog synth resurgence-as a hardware synth manufacturer, how else do you stay relevant?
aallvor
KVRian

1239 posts since 15 Oct, 2005, from Norway

Postby aallvor; Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:09 pm Re: Rack Extension (reason plugin)

So, Quinto, how are those Rack Extensions coming along?

;)
quintosardo
KVRAF

3871 posts since 15 Jul, 2004, from Italy

Postby quintosardo; Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:02 pm Re: Rack Extension (reason plugin)

Uhm... I don't think we'll do it. Closed standard, percentages on sells... we even abandoned iOS...
Electronics and music: www.sknote.it
Recording in Italy: www.skstudio.it
aallvor
KVRian

1239 posts since 15 Oct, 2005, from Norway

Postby aallvor; Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:36 am Re: Rack Extension (reason plugin)

quintosardo wrote:Uhm... I don't think we'll do it. Closed standard, percentages on sells... we even abandoned iOS...

That's too bad, I think you could have totally killed it on the Reason platform with RE versions of some of your plugins :)

Moderator: quintosardo

Return to SKNote