Studio One/Presonus Support sucked if you were me (RESOLVED).

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,

Studio One Artist started crashing last month on my Win7 32bit Laptop. Previously it ran fine and I can run other DAWs (Reaper, FL Studio) on it with no problem.

I started a ticket with Presonus Support and it has now been open for 27 days. All I get from them is that they don't know but someone else does. That someone else is in the middle of nowhere with no communications and won't be back for a week. That was a weeks ago and my requests for an update are ignored.

Is it usually this bad? Is the only solution to burn an Auth testing it on another machine?

I knew I'd reget buying another C/R POS, no matter how cheap it was.

Cheers,
Nigel
Last edited by khanyz on Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

Hi Nigel,

I'll post this on the Presonus beta forum for you if you like. Presonus support is usually second to none so maybe if i get it to the right person now you'll get a response asap, just let me know mate.

Rob

rob_lee wrote:Hi Nigel,

I'll post this on the Presonus beta forum for you if you like. Presonus support is usually second to none so maybe if i get it to the right person now you'll get a response asap, just let me know mate.

Rob
Hi Rob,

Thanks, I was going to post on their forum but they started asking for sensitive data so I didn't want it to be public. I thought it a little strange that they were asking for it so I didn't send them anything above the normal system info. Personally I think they are just clueless.

You must be lucky as I've had problems with support from them before. I've had to return Hardware as I couldn't get the support required to diagnose if a problem was a fault or just me. I've avoided them since but bought Studio One when it was cheap. It was a mistake.

Cheers,
Nigel

No probs mate :)

Rob

Thanks for posting this thread, Nigel. I was currently thinking of upgrading my Artist to Pro, but based on what you said, I'll wait and see how they handle your case.

IMHO, a month is way too long to wait for a support answer.

Please keep us informed.

Cheers

Doug

Hey Nigel,

I can only agree with Rob that support I've seen so far from them has been ace. Also the community support on the PreSonus forums is rather good and only very, very few questions go unanswered there.

If you want I can help you identify and hopefully solve the problem. Or at least get you in the right direction. Just send me a PM if you like.
Studio One Pro 1.6.5 | Pro Tools 9.0.5 | SoundScape v6.1 | Waves | FabFilter | Softube | SSL Duende | Arts Acoustic | Waldorf | Synapse Audio | Cakewalk | MOTU | SPL | Brainworx | Camel Audio | Ohm Force

Motoko wrote:Hey Nigel,

I can only agree with Rob that support I've seen so far from them has been ace. Also the community support on the PreSonus forums is rather good and only very, very few questions go unanswered there.

If you want I can help you identify and hopefully solve the problem. Or at least get you in the right direction. Just send me a PM if you like.
Thanks for the offer but Presonus already have the details including technical and debug data. It's a problem/bug with the software so it's not user fixable. The software crashes on startup and is completely unusable.

Cheers,
Nigel

nigel_khan wrote: Thanks for the offer but Presonus already have the details including technical and debug data. It's a problem/bug with the software so it's not user fixable. The software crashes on startup and is completely unusable.

Cheers,
Nigel
Right. It's the first time I've personally heard of this particular bug and I'm guessing it is specific for your system. As other users would have reported it if it weren't.

You're not getting any error messages on the startup sequence or when S1 is starting particular serivices or scanning for the plugins?

Anyway, good luck and I hope you get your problems solved.

Cheers.
Studio One Pro 1.6.5 | Pro Tools 9.0.5 | SoundScape v6.1 | Waves | FabFilter | Softube | SSL Duende | Arts Acoustic | Waldorf | Synapse Audio | Cakewalk | MOTU | SPL | Brainworx | Camel Audio | Ohm Force

Motoko wrote:Right. It's the first time I've personally heard of this particular bug and I'm guessing it is specific for your system. As other users would have reported it if it weren't.

You're not getting any error messages on the startup sequence or when S1 is starting particular serivices or scanning for the plugins?

Anyway, good luck and I hope you get your problems solved.

Cheers.
I tried it again, with my full system in debug mode, and I've found the problem. Studio One doesn't like virtual keyboards and so crashes when it detects it. It has worked previously so somethings has changed in either software to cause a conflict.

I've notified the other developer, but won't disclose who they are until it is confirmed their issue.

I've never used venting as a diagnostic tool before, but may do in future. :roll:

Cheers,
Nigel

It is always advisable to go through the troubleshooting steps that Presonus Technical Support asks you to do.
If a Tech was asking for information, it was because he needed it to properly troubleshoot your machine.

If you will provide me with your Incident #, I will look into your case personally.

We take technical support very seriously and are not "clueless" as you stated earlier.
Give troubleshooting a chance :)

Cheers,

Jason
Official Presonus Technical Support
9am-5pm central: 225-216-7887
http://support.presonus.com

"Use your tools!"

Good customer service and tech support guys , im an s1 artist user and enjoy the software, i got it dirt cheap when they did the namm deal .

PresonusTech wrote:It is always advisable to go through the troubleshooting steps that Presonus Technical Support asks you to do.
If a Tech was asking for information, it was because he needed it to properly troubleshoot your machine.

If you will provide me with your Incident #, I will look into your case personally.

We take technical support very seriously and are not "clueless" as you stated earlier.

Cheers,

Jason
Thanks for posting Jason :)

Rob

PresonusTech wrote:It is always advisable to go through the troubleshooting steps that Presonus Technical Support asks you to do.

Cheers,

Jason
Asking for everything, rather than specific information is a sure sign of being clueless. You wading in and asking me to troubleshoot when I have previously posted I ran with debug is clueless.

Why whould I continue with you and start all over again. I don't have another month to waste.

The last communication I had was that I could get my account deleted and Presonus would issue another license to someone else. I'm not going to do that as I can't let someone else have to deal with your crap.

Oh, and the initial screenshots and crash info I sent you are enough to figure out what the problem is. Obviously, that's in hindsight for me, but since you know the software internals, it should have been figured out by you, not me. It shouldn't take me being a developer and knowing how to debug and trace to fix something.

And finally, if you take your technical support seriously why does it take 10 days to get a status update? Why has my case not been looked at by anyone other than First Contact support? I know technical support and yours isn't.

Not to threadjack or anything but anyone else have problems submitting a support ticket via their website?

I just wanna say that PreSonus's tech support is pretty amazing! :p

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”