Spice My Bitch Up

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dangerous Orange - Spice My Bitch Up
feat. Iggy and The Stooges | The Prodigy | The Spice Girls

Spice My Bitch Up
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

I very much liked the intro to the song, and the initial buildup.

Pass this part though, there is way too many things going on in the mix. Every element seems to be trying to be the lead of attention, and it's just all very chaotic.

I'm typing this as I'm listening to it, and sadly this same aspect only gets worse and worse. Way too many different things going on that don't make a complete picture, if that makes sense.

This is a first-class mashup between The Stooges and The Prodigy. Yes, it's unfocused and rackety and if you don't know the songs involved you should probably pass on commenting.

To the author/composer - you didn't read the Ableton Live manual closely. In it they say 'with great power comes great responsibility' and you've clearly abused the power of Live for bad ends, left all the racket intact and defiled two great songs.

I LOVED it.

Yeah! That's the stuff :D
... space is the place ...

Yeah love it!!!

Everytime I hear that Stooges track I think of LS&TSB (which cant be a bad thing) 8)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

ssscientist wrote:This is a first-class mashup between The Stooges and The Prodigy. Yes, it's unfocused and rackety and if you don't know the songs involved you should probably pass on commenting.
I enjoy your presumption on my lack of knowledge of the original sources used, and the fact that this variable has little to do with how sonically the mix sounds. Personally when I showcase something I've made to people with an audio background, I hope for tips and feedback on how to improve myself.

ssscientist wrote:you've clearly abused the power of Live for bad ends, left all the racket intact and defiled two great songs.
:lol:

Vinnie!

This is another good mashup. It doesn't outstay its welcome either. Good track.

I still remember Hurts Like Teen Spirit. That was wild.

Cheers

I like this (Im a sucker for well produced mashups).

Just as an idea with the clash of the leads...when the Prodigy beat kicks in and the iggy guitar keeps rolling to me, the iggy guiter could do with some gate, stutter and glitch inbetween the prodigy beats...allowing the prodigy/spic girls to be the main carrier. 4 out of 5 stars ;)

We need more mashup :D

JD Gaffe wrote: I hope for tips and feedback on how to improve myself.
Obviously you don't get into this kind of chaotic stuff, but many others do. Your 'tips and feedback' were from your own perspective which has questionable value in this case. That's all I was trying to say.

I'm not even here to say thanks for the mashup.

The Mashup itself is quite nice. Despite the two "main" songs having different keys, you managed to blend it together very well so that it's not noticable unless you listen quite closely. The Spice Girl accent fits really well too.

But that's not why I'm here.

I haven't heard "I wanna be your Dog" before. Now, I've been enlightened. :D
Cakewalk by Bandlab / FL Studio
Squire Stratocaster / Chapman ML3 Modern V2 / Fender Precision Bass

Formerly known as arke, VladimirDimitrievich, bslf, and ctmg. Yep, those bans were deserved.

Chris Walton wrote:I haven't heard "I wanna be your Dog" before. Now, I've been enlightened. :D
My pleasure ... it's my favorite Iggy track. :)

Cool stuff. It helps me to focus on this month's contest...

Cheers

Chris Walton wrote:
I haven't heard "I wanna be your Dog" before. Now, I've been enlightened. :D
are you fuckin serious? :-o

Return to “Music Cafe”