What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

How do you share plugins..?

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net

Moderators: dscro, makira

KVRer

1 post since 12 Jul, 2011

Postby Muels; Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:25 pm

First I'd like to apologise, I'm sure this question has come up a hundred times. I have read through the posts on here and understand that the recipients computer must have the SonicBirth Framework. I've tried sending the framework over to him to put in his root library and the user library, but when logic boots up the plugin does not appear anywhere. We've tried re-scanning with AU manager.
I'm clearly doing something wrong, is there anyone that could possibly give me an Idiots guide to doing this..?
KVRist

157 posts since 11 Apr, 2007, from Montreal, Canada

Postby Kewl; Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:22 am

Logic? Assuming the framework is installed as it should, a SB plug-in will appear in Logic only on a track with a channel count corresponding to the plug-in channel count: a SB plug-in with six channel will only be available in Logic in a 5.1 track.

To be sure the framework is installed as it should, make people download and install the complete SB package:
http://www.radio.uqam.ca/ambisonic/soni ... _beta2.zip
KVRer

1 post since 29 Jun, 2010

Postby kilshaw; Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:34 pm

I had similar issues, but I found out that the key was to make sure each time you export a plugin from SB, make sure it has a uniquely identifying "Subtype" number in the settings panel.
Once I figured this out, all the AU plugins i export actually appear!
KVRist

277 posts since 3 Apr, 2007

Postby eigentone; Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:51 pm

kilshaw wrote:I had similar issues, but I found out that the key was to make sure each time you export a plugin from SB, make sure it has a uniquely identifying "Subtype" number in the settings panel.
Once I figured this out, all the AU plugins i export actually appear!

In that case, the host would be using cached information about the plugin (not unusual). Surely, your approach will fix the problem, but deleting the host's cache files is another possible approach.

Moderators: dscro, makira

Return to SonicBirth