NI Komplete 8 - Windows 7 Only? Really?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I see that the specifications for Native Instruments 8 require Windows 7. I wonder how strict that is. Running XP here.

If it's true, then I'm stuck at NI Komplete 7 for now.

Would I love to do a full studio overhaul and buy a new laptop, monitor, and NI Komplete 8 Ultimate? Yep. Will I? Not unless my current setup goes kaflouwee...

I want to know the same thing so I started a thread on the NI forums:

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... p?t=145294

Hopefully someone from NI can give a definitive answer.

Wow, that would totally suck balls and mean I'm not paying for it lol. Is this accurate??

f**k windows 7.
Snare drums samples: the new and improved "dither algo"

Thanks robojam - good looking out. Will follow the thread there (and here). I'm not going to up to Win7, but if we can get Komplete 8 running on XP, I'll go for the upgrade, even though I own almost everything in 8 already.

I don't blame you all for not wanting to upgrade but Windows 7 has been better for me than XP ever was.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Oddly enough, they don't support Mac operating systems older than two years old either. Why are there no similar complaints from Apple users?
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

mumpcake wrote:Oddly enough, they don't support Mac operating systems older than two years old either. Why are there no similar complaints from Apple users?
because generally speaking the OS upgrades actually improve the users experience ?
(early-adopter woes notwithstanding)

on my 5 yr old mac, 10.6 was a performance improvement over 10.4 and it only cost me 30 quid.

that being said, I don't upgrade OS unless I have to. which is why my PC machine is still XP.

:lol:

Total rubbish! Everytime apple makes some "update" the boards are FLOODED with people and issues.

@K8/WIN7: Sonar said that too. Though it might mean "only supported" it doesn't mean it won't run.

@7 better than xp: Agreed except that you really do need a newish computer for the most part.

DubFox wrote:(early-adopter woes notwithstanding)

That would really suck.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

hibidy wrote:@7 better than xp: Agreed except that you really do need a newish computer for the most part.
If you're going to install and use Komplete8, I guess this probably applies anyway. (I had lustful thoughts over Komplete8 Ultimate... just look at it all... :love: mMmmmmmMMMMmm! :lol: )

pljones wrote:
hibidy wrote:@7 better than xp: Agreed except that you really do need a newish computer for the most part.
If you're going to install and use Komplete8, I guess this probably applies anyway. (I had lustful thoughts over Komplete8 Ultimate... just look at it all... :love: mMmmmmmMMMMmm! :lol: )
Well, yeah :)

That's kinda what I was thinking is if you are using xp (especially the 32 bit version) then you might want something else anyways :D

But according to legend, 32 bit xp with a gig of ram and a P4 is all the power people need to run 150 tracks at a buffer of 32 ;)

want to run the latest and greatest software instruments, but not the latest and greatest OS? :?
Then stick with the old...
Last edited by bM3w on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

I noticed this too. Having decided not to get Komplete 8, I am still interested in some of the components... I'm wondering which NI software won't run on Windows XP...? Presumably some might, even if the package as a whole doesn't :?

Maybe somebody from NI could confirm?
hibidy wrote: @K8/WIN7: Sonar said that too. Though it might mean "only supported" it doesn't mean it won't run.
I'm sure Cakewalk said that when XI came out, but according to the system requirements listed on their site now XP SP3 and Vista are both now supported. So maybe they later found out that it runs fine...?

The new Sibelius 7 only runs on Win7 (and the developers have confirmed to me that due to technical reasons it won't even attempt to install itself on earlier versions). So I'm going to have to upgrade to Windows 7 in the next few months.
mumpcake wrote:Oddly enough, they don't support Mac operating systems older than two years old either. Why are there no similar complaints from Apple users?
I think that Mac users are used to things not being backwards compatible. So they don't have the same expectations.
Last edited by headquest on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

If they only officially support Win7, they are not liable if somebody has problems with this on XP or Vista.
It could mean they won't provide 32bit updates anymore or such.

Since I still have one of my systems on XP (other runs Win 7), I will definately not buy Komplete 8 if NI doesn't officially support this product for Win XP.

The way I see it, that would be NI's loss, not mine ;)
Last edited by darsho on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”