Citron (ElectroProg - Seismic TranceFusion)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This was a demo track for SynthMasterV2. It features 10 instances of SynthMaster and no other instruments. It took 10 hours to record in October 2009. The 2011 remix took about 6 hours. It should have been quicker but I had some synchronisation problems in the project. This is a little shorter than my previous tracks.

(edit: mp3 download link removed)

edit: 20120129 Cut gain levels in mastering EQ after I noticed some clipping not present on the unmastered version.

http://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/citron

Recorded in EnergyXT2.5.1/Remixed in EnergyXT2.5.4
SynthMaster V2
EnergyXT Reverb
T-RackS 3 Equalizer

DR - 8

EDIT:20240311 - now also on Youtube as a static video

https://youtu.be/PFa2Fy3LYHY
Last edited by seismic1 on Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Not necessarily my style, but I can appreciate the composition and arrangement here... quite nicely done! I've never tried that synth, but I've heard good things about it and it sounds good in this piece.
Image Image

I'm not that keen on the dance chord sounds (just me), but otherwise I enjoyed this. Nice work.
No longer a moderator.

this gave me a nice '1970's view of the future' vibe. i think this feel would be better served by replacing the dancey stabs with something more appropriate - they feel too modern compared to the rest of the piece. Stabs aside i think this is great!

neil.

Great track Seismic...I really enjoyed the melodic vibes, cushioning my bliss..

Have to say I'm in two minds about the dancey stabs too...

The rest of the toon is great - love those dramatic drum fills, and the lead riff is cool, and the intro/outro sound is terrific :)

polyslax wrote:Not necessarily my style, but I can appreciate the composition and arrangement here... quite nicely done! I've never tried that synth, but I've heard good things about it and it sounds good in this piece.
Thanks for listening/commenting Matt. SynthMaster is a very powerful instrument, and with the new 2.5 release will become more so.

D.H. Miltz wrote:I'm not that keen on the dance chord sounds (just me), but otherwise I enjoyed this. Nice work.
Thanks for listening DHM. I might take another look at those chords later.

macmurphy wrote:this gave me a nice '1970's view of the future' vibe. i think this feel would be better served by replacing the dancey stabs with something more appropriate - they feel too modern compared to the rest of the piece. Stabs aside i think this is great!

neil.
Thanks for listening Neil. When I wrote this I think I was in a phase where I was trying to combine Trance elements with older-style ElectroProg. This track was towards the end of that period, and was also an attempt to produce a track using only 1 instrument (albeit 10 instances of that instrument) for a demo track for a competition. A few people have commented on the trance-gate. Next time I play around with SynthMaster I may take a look at that.

Timothee wrote:Great track Seismic...I really enjoyed the melodic vibes, cushioning my bliss..
Glad you liked this one. Thanks for listening. I'm currently working on the next remix. Should be ready in 2 or 3 days.

mikusan wrote:Have to say I'm in two minds about the dancey stabs too...

The rest of the toon is great - love those dramatic drum fills, and the lead riff is cool, and the intro/outro sound is terrific :)
That's the third comment about the trance-gate. I may take another look at that on a rainy day.

Glad you like the intro/outro. That was one of my first attempts at programming a synth from scratch.

Thanks very much for listening and commenting.

Nice! I like the arpeggiator rhythm parts. Nice melody development too. And I would vote for the trance stabs-puts an interesting twist to things?

Cooleo! :)

any1particular wrote:Nice! I like the arpeggiator rhythm parts. Nice melody development too. And I would vote for the trance stabs-puts an interesting twist to things?

Hi Chuck. Thanks for listening and commenting. That's helped even things up a little! Haven't seen you in the Cafe for a week or so. Late Summer holidays maybe?

seismic1 wrote:
any1particular wrote:Nice! I like the arpeggiator rhythm parts. Nice melody development too. And I would vote for the trance stabs-puts an interesting twist to things?

Hi Chuck. Thanks for listening and commenting. That's helped even things up a little! Haven't seen you in the Cafe for a week or so. Late Summer holidays maybe?
Hey Tim-nice of you to notice my absence. :)

I'm a Realtor? (here in the states that's someone that sells homes-we work on commission). I've been a busy bee trying to sell some homes so I can buy more STUFF!!!-like Komplete 8 Ultimate and a nice mic and a preamp and new pic ups for my guitar and a better mixing board and acoustical tile for my very little studio and a psychiatrist for my addiction!!!!! :hihi: YIKES!!!!! :roll:

Aaaaannnnnnyyyyyyywwwwwaaaaaaayyyyyyy :)

Keep the creativity flowing Tim! :)

any1particular wrote:
Hey Tim-nice of you to notice my absence. :)

I'm a Realtor? (here in the states that's someone that sells homes-we work on commission). I've been a busy bee trying to sell some homes so I can buy more STUFF!!!-like Komplete 8 Ultimate and a nice mic and a preamp and new pic ups for my guitar and a better mixing board and acoustical tile for my very little studio and a psychiatrist for my addiction!!!!! :hihi: YIKES!!!!! :roll:

Aaaaannnnnnyyyyyyywwwwwaaaaaaayyyyyyy :)

Keep the creativity flowing Tim! :)
Sounds like you're going to be putting in some long hours at the office then :shock:

Looks like this is the final bump for this one. Next track should be up tomorrow or Saturday

Later

Return to “Music Cafe”