TerraFloating - tehcno without drums?!?>>EDIT-NOW WITHOUT CLIPPING!!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, promise this is the final version of TerraForming:

http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/d0buz7t87 ... oating.mp3

This is the drumless version, cured of clipping this time :oops: and reworked a little to make it more floaty...thanks to Timothee for the idea - I didn't think it'd work, but now I'm glad I tried. Still like the bangin' version better though :hihi:

Any more comments would be gratefully received if you get the time - then I'll let this one slip over onto page 2 and oblivion... :(

EDIT
Sorry about the nasty mix guys - here's a better version:

http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/gp5kyz6kc ... g_mix2.mp3
Last edited by ThoughtExperiment on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey Mike, I can hear a fair amount of distortion on this when streaming from the Internet, so I DL'd and played. Same result. I think you still have a problem with those levels. I can hear clipping on the bass and on the lead synth. Did you master this on the hot side?

Apart from that this version is definitely growing on me.

^listen to it through some headphones.

sounds pretty good

seismic1 wrote:Hey Mike, I can hear a fair amount of distortion on this when streaming from the Internet, so I DL'd and played. Same result. I think you still have a problem with those levels. I can hear clipping on the bass and on the lead synth. Did you master this on the hot side?

Apart from that this version is definitely growing on me.

i hear the clipping too, seismic. i think kicking it down a few db's
on the comp/limiter output should do the trick, and yeah...musically,
it's all there.

-L

Superb - yeah very much digging this version! I'm afraid the levels are running hot for me too though.
Image Image

I like the tune alot, but yes, maybe a bit too much compression, a bunch of stuff sounds to be running too hot, yet the overall volume is ok

it's going a little hot for me as well, but the track itself is really great. reminds me of the olde TD when they got those long-form rhythmic sequences going without any drum sounds.

this is a really cool tune.

i've never heard the version with drums but this is great.

neil.

Really nice ! Cool stuff ! 8)
work hard, sleep harder
http://soundcloud.com/mc-emsig

seismic1 wrote:I think you still have a problem with those levels. I can hear clipping on the bass and on the lead synth. Did you master this on the hot side?
layzer wrote:i hear the clipping too
polyslax wrote:I'm afraid the levels are running hot for me too
fateamenabletochange wrote:a bunch of stuff sounds to be running too hot
jopy wrote:it's going a little hot for me as well
Ouch! You're all absolutely right :oops: So sorry about this guys, I was mixing this at quite a low level (out of consideration for the neighbours - maybe I should have used headphones :x ) so it sounded OK to me.

It's Saturday afternoon now so I should be able to get it right this time (at least I hope so :oops: ). So, tonight, for the very last-est, final-est, most ultimate-est time I shall upload a new mix - this time, eardrum-friendly - I hope I didn't do any permanent damage (to my rep as well as your ear'oles :D )

Nevertheless, thanks to all of you for listening, and your kind words (especially considering they must have been spoken through gritted teeth :lol: )

no clipping indeed! much better... this version gave me something to work with
for a re-master job on this track, would you like to hear it?

layzer wrote:no clipping indeed! much better... this version gave me something to work with
for a re-master job on this track, would you like to hear it?
Be happy to, definitely :)

By jove, I think he's got it!

This is great Mike. No clipping that I could hear. A nice clean mix and production. Now, about that cowbell. :wink:

yes yes, kia ora

good mix and volume on this system here

as I said, love the eastern feel lead

Yeah, that's it, sounds fantastic!
Image Image

Return to “Music Cafe”