Downtempo Jazzy Acoustic Guitar Anyone? :^/

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://any1particular.opendrive.com/fil ... %20Sky.mp3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA8bF3GGSr8

I'm not SO sure about this track? :roll:

I'm done working on it for now even though it's a bit sloppy.:-o

This is my bass debut. :oops:

The acoustic guitar was recorded direct???

What do YOU think:?:

I'm open to candid constructive criticism? :help:
Last edited by any1particular on Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I like it, reminds me of rebirth of cool stuff. Sounds close and kind of intimate. Some different kind of funny sounds in here, the bwah bwah...bwah bwah bwah.....might be a bit much up in the mix ??
I'm liking the bass, and the guitar sounds tasty.

Cool tune chuck! the bwahbwah sound appears a bit too often for my taste. I dig the guitar and the vocals are great too.

looks like we are sharing a similiar release cycle-i just uploaded my latest experiment too!
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=329672
Last edited by Dr.Wu on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Really nice, lovely vibe. Thanks for sharing!
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Hey Chuck, you have such a terrific feel for guitar... the lead is just beautiful. The groove has a really nice natural bump to it as well. I think it's good to try different things, to wonder whether you've done something wrong... you're pushing yourself and your art in different/new/experimental ways. :tu:
Image Image

fateamenabletochange wrote:I like it, reminds me of rebirth of cool stuff. Sounds close and kind of intimate. Some different kind of funny sounds in here, the bwah bwah...bwah bwah bwah.....might be a bit much up in the mix ??
I'm liking the bass, and the guitar sounds tasty.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. i'm listening to Helfire now-INTERESTING-like it!
Dr.Wu wrote:Cool tune chuck! the bwahbwah sound appears a bit too often for my taste. I dig the guitar and the vocals are great too.

looks like we are sharing a similiar release cycle-i just uploaded my latest experiment too!
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=329672
Thanks Hans-I appreciate you candor. I have been bit by the Dubstep bug-OUCH! Those bsahbsah sounds would be referred to as the ever contentious 'WOBBLE' I find Dubstep VERY interesting- I know allot of peeps find them offensive including my wife.

Love you new track: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3296 72
core wrote:Really nice, lovely vibe. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Ronnie!

polyslax wrote:Hey Chuck, you have such a terrific feel for guitar... the lead is just beautiful. The groove has a really nice natural bump to it as well. I think it's good to try different things, to wonder whether you've done something wrong... you're pushing yourself and your art in different/new/experimental ways. :tu:
Matt-you make my heart sing. You are AWESOME and really make KVR a nice place to hang out!

Thank you.

any1particular wrote: i'm listening to Hellfire now-INTERESTING-like it!
:-o that was from quite a while ago

diverse influences include John Coltrane and Vurt 8) :D

Nice cool vibes here Chuck. This one has a Stanley Jordan feel. I can live with the dubstep stuff. Some nice guitar work on here and the bass is great although a couple of the high lines were probably just a little too far forward in the mix. The keyboards are ultra-smooth. The track as a whole is very lush and calming.

Nice work.

very mellow, breezy sorta track. i'm always up for a little bossa nova type feel. the guitar playing is excellent as always, nice to hear some bass guitar as well--what's your signal path for that?

seismic1 wrote:Nice cool vibes here Chuck. This one has a Stanley Jordan feel. I can live with the dubstep stuff. Some nice guitar work on here and the bass is great although a couple of the high lines were probably just a little too far forward in the mix. The keyboards are ultra-smooth. The track as a whole is very lush and calming.

Nice work.
Thanks for posting Tim...and thanks for pointing that out-the bass being a bit up front...(and a bit sloppy I might add-no quantize button-help!) I need to hear that - it's hard to be critical of my our stuff sometimes?...you know?...and listening to it with more of a critical ear I can hear that the bass probably needs to be done over again-at least bits of it...I try and not take this music stuff tooooo seriously...you know...keep it fun....:)

Thanks again!

jopy wrote:very mellow, breezy sorta track. i'm always up for a little bossa nova type feel. the guitar playing is excellent as always, nice to hear some bass guitar as well--what's your signal path for that?
Hey Johann thanks for posting...maybe you or someone might have some suggestions on how to get a good bass tone? I'm just running direct into a Behringer board ( I'm really unhappy with, wish I would have opted for Mackie?) and that's it! Inside the DAW (Ableton) I have two bands on the bass track-one is dry with nothing on it and the other I have Abelton's overdrive distortion on it-lows cut?

This bass bizz is new to me? :roll:

Chuck if you have a budget i can really recommend the Marcus Miller Preamp from SWR.
IIt is the swiss army knife of bass preamps.
Very happy with it.
If money is tight i would recommend getting a good preamp with a HiZ input and use a plug in like the IKmultimedia or the Markamp.

Hey Chuck, this one has a great feel and relaxed groove, and some very tasty playing. As far as bass sounds are concerned - I noticed you used a PodX3 in an earlier track, there are some nice bass amp & cab models well worth checking out. The direct-recorded guitar sounds bright and clear, but maybe a (very)little room or ambient reverb would enhance it?

And Chuck? Move away from the quantize button :D

any1particular wrote:
seismic1 wrote:Nice cool vibes here Chuck. This one has a Stanley Jordan feel. I can live with the dubstep stuff. Some nice guitar work on here and the bass is great although a couple of the high lines were probably just a little too far forward in the mix. The keyboards are ultra-smooth. The track as a whole is very lush and calming.

Nice work.
Thanks for posting Tim...and thanks for pointing that out-the bass being a bit up front...(and a bit sloppy I might add-no quantize button-help!) I need to hear that - it's hard to be critical of my our stuff sometimes?...you know?...and listening to it with more of a critical ear I can hear that the bass probably needs to be done over again-at least bits of it...I try and not take this music stuff tooooo seriously...you know...keep it fun....:)

Thanks again!
I wasn't talking about the bass playing, Chuck. There were a couple of high fills that sounded way up in the mix compared to the regular bassline. It was just a levelling problem. I used to do the same thing back in the day when I played chords on my Hagstrom Swede live in concert. The level was fine for single-note basslines, but the higher notes/chords tended to jump to the fore (and scare the guitarist).

Return to “Music Cafe”