The synth chosen this month is Zebralette and as it recently became a free synth it seems appropriate that the contest should be freestyle - that's to say that there are no constraints on the type, genre, style of patch that may be submitted.
As ever the prize for this contest is pretty good - a free choice of one nfr* software product from the u-he range!
How to enter
- Get Zebralette here.
- Simply create one or two patches using Zebralette.
- Send your .h2p format patches to bmrzycki, either by PM through this forum (upload the .h2p files to an on-line file share site, such as box.net, and then PM bmrzycki a link), or by email to: brzycki [at] gmail [dot] com.**
- A maximum of two patches per person may be submitted.
- Patches should be anonymized. Putting a "?" in the "author" field when saving does the trick.
- The winning patch will be decided by a vote.
- In order to be eligible for the prize patch submitters must vote - no vote no prize!
- Try to ensure that your patch does not exhibit significant - ideally no - audio clipping.
- Please DO NOT! send any patches to me (hakey). KVR member bmrzycki collects the patches for the contest.
- Please DO! carefully read through the instructions under "How to enter" and "Rulez and other important stuff".
- The deadline for submissions is 14:00 UTC/GMT November 1st
*not for resale
**PMing bmrzycki is probably the more reliable method - emails have been known to get lost in transit.
The themes for these contests are decided upon by something approaching a democratic/consensual process, so if anyone has ideas for future contests, themes, or just general suggestions, please speak your brains in the "November Patch Contest: suggestions" thread which will appear within the next week or so.