What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Sound Bank TripleX for ElectraX released on patchpool

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

User avatar
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF
 
6214 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:45 am

Sampleconstruct wrote:Until Decembre 1st all TripleX customers will get a bonus SoundPack (wavs) from this page. Just select one of the three Packs and get it on top of your purchase for free.


Bumping this offer on Black Friday...
TwoToneshuzz
KVRian
 
939 posts since 12 Jan, 2010, from Copenhagen

Postby TwoToneshuzz; Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:42 am

Hello Simon

I've been looking at ElectraX, it does some things that I was interested in, when I see your work and hear the demos, it seems to be a possible future buy for me.. I'll have to get my system upgraded before I buy any more synth plugs,though..

Great work on the Demo's sea of sound,, infinitely detailed. Spectacular is the word that springs to mind..

On the list...

Wade
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.
User avatar
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF
 
6214 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:57 am

TwoToneshuzz wrote:Hello Simon

I've been looking at ElectraX, it does some things that I was interested in, when I see your work and hear the demos, it seems to be a possible future buy for me.. I'll have to get my system upgraded before I buy any more synth plugs,though..

Great work on the Demo's sea of sound,, infinitely detailed. Spectacular is the word that springs to mind..

On the list...

Wade


Hey Wade,

Thank's for the flowers - ElectraX has someBugs and quirks but it is the only Synth I currently know which can use Samples as a modulation source for FM synthesis which I find very interesting. Of course the sample section of ElectraX is quite limited, only samples of 10 seconds lebgth in 44.1/16 Bit, if you want longer samples then they get downsampled, 40 seconds at 11 Khz sampling rate is the max - seems like in the nineties...
In the TripleX Bank I worked around the mono restriction by making split stereo samples which works fine..
Of course ElectraX wasn't designed as a sample player but mixing wavetable and FM synthesis (which it is good at) with sampling is a nice combo.
Then this Synth would definitely need an upgrade on the Mod Matrix, 10 slots are the maximum which I find to be not enough in many cases, but of course one can make big patches by layering up to 4 of the synth modules. And it needs to be 64 Bit hopefully soon. The Filters are nice, some of the FX are crap like the e.g the Flanger and AmpSim.
Altogether it's worth getting, adds a unique colour to the instrument portfolio...
So that was my quick and dirty ElectraX review here...
TwoToneshuzz
KVRian
 
939 posts since 12 Jan, 2010, from Copenhagen

Postby TwoToneshuzz; Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:24 am

Sampleconstruct wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:Hello Simon

I've been looking at ElectraX, it does some things that I was interested in, when I see your work and hear the demos, it seems to be a possible future buy for me.. I'll have to get my system upgraded before I buy any more synth plugs,though..

Great work on the Demo's sea of sound,, infinitely detailed. Spectacular is the word that springs to mind..

On the list...

Wade


Hey Wade,

Thank's for the flowers - ElectraX has someBugs and quirks but it is the only Synth I currently know which can use Samples as a modulation source for FM synthesis which I find very interesting. Of course the sample section of ElectraX is quite limited, only samples of 10 seconds lebgth in 44.1/16 Bit, if you want longer samples then they get downsampled, 40 seconds at 11 Khz sampling rate is the max - seems like in the nineties...




Actually I'm not at all worried about the 10 second limit as I am interesting in Wavetalbe, and Samples as a moulation source for FM synthesis. I have made my own Wavetable synth in numerology, and this lead to other discoveries for exampie using single waves as oscillators but my rough mock up was rather limited, and I need an aid to make this type project work, so I was looking at Rapture it seems like a dying synth, last update 2007 and after some searching Found ElectaX, I have some issues with it's GUI, I find that electric blues on a monitor screen hard on the eye's but on hearing your demos, this has made me think I can work with that issue..anything for art!


Sampleconstruct wrote:
In the TripleX Bank I worked around the mono restriction by making split stereo samples which works fine..
Of course ElectraX wasn't designed as a sample player but mixing wavetable and FM synthesis (which it is good at) with sampling is a nice combo.
Then this Synth would definitely need an upgrade on the Mod Matrix, 10 slots are the maximum which I find to be not enough in many cases, but of course one can make big patches by layering up to 4 of the synth modules. And it needs to be 64 Bit hopefully soon. The Filters are nice, some of the FX are crap like the e.g the Flanger and AmpSim.
Altogether it's worth getting, adds a unique colour to the instrument portfolio...
So that was my quick and dirty ElectraX review here...



I hadn't gone into depth as to the strengths' and weaknesses of Electrax, so this info is a great help--

As to 64 bit it seems to be a hard nut to crack, I'm planning on setting up a Mac Mini Modular with 3 or 4 minis, linked using Vienna Pro, that allows 32 and 64 plugs to exist side by side within the same computer or over the whole system.. I find waiting for software to catch up to hardware has oftentimes ended up in a dead end. for example Logics Nodes... Only work with Logics own plugs...

Anyways really impressed with your groundbreaking work with the ElectraX, it definetly puts that insturment into the running IMO..

Wade
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.
User avatar
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF
 
6214 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:00 am

The Resynthesis feature in ElectraX is indeed a great plus - it imports single cycle waveforms if they are 4096 samples long, if the source waves are longer it imports a cycle from the middle of the waveform, I had some very good results with that. 3-4 Mac Minis should produce quite a lot of fan noise in your studio shouldn't they or do you have a special room/fridge for those? Otherwise the plan sounds good, Vienna Pro is a very good device, I only use it for my VSL stuff but I like it's layout and functionalities.
Never used Logic Node, tried it many years ago when I still had an iMac trying to link that to my Laptop - it simply sucked...

Simon
TwoToneshuzz
KVRian
 
939 posts since 12 Jan, 2010, from Copenhagen

Postby TwoToneshuzz; Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:56 am

I've previously had cabinet for my mac tower some years back so if I found the Mac minis noisy i'd get out the tools and build another, or set them up in another room..
Interesting bits of info on the ElectraX. I Guess it's going to get develped in the future. so that limitation on the number of sample may change..

Wade
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.
User avatar
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF
 
6214 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:04 am

TwoToneshuzz wrote:I've previously had cabinet for my mac tower some years back so if I found the Mac minis noisy i'd get out the tools and build another, or set them up in another room..
Interesting bits of info on the ElectraX. I Guess it's going to get develped in the future. so that limitation on the number of sample may change..

Wade


Oh I'm sure Tone2 will develop ElectraX furtherly, seems to be their flagship after all...
User avatar
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF
 
6214 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:51 am

Sampleconstruct wrote:Until Decembre 1st all TripleX customers will get a bonus SoundPack (wavs) from this page. Just select one of the three Packs and get it on top of your purchase for free.


Last call for this promotional offer...
TwoToneshuzz
KVRian
 
939 posts since 12 Jan, 2010, from Copenhagen

Postby TwoToneshuzz; Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:29 am

Hi Simon!

I listened through most of the demos, more interesting things, the sax demos, remind me of a project I did with the Dancer Kitt Johnson "Topografica" and her saxifonist. We sampled alot of tung flutters with the base Clarinet. among other things mulitphonics,,, Very creepy sounds... Early days for me.. Here I find the same type of sounds.. Great work..

I have downloaded the ElectraX demo but not initiated it yet, I want to find out how long the Demo runs, before opening it as I would need to set aside time for study..

I've got other gear that needs attention first..


I find the ElecraX interface and concept pretty interesting.

I don't see that there's much user actiivty on the forum. That might give pause..


But other that little niggle and with your endorsement, through example it sort of seals the deal for me, I'll likely get it as a next buy after I sort out my computer set up..

Thanks for the great work your doing with the ElectraX


Wade
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.
User avatar
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF
 
6214 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:19 am

TwoToneshuzz wrote:Hi Simon!

I listened through most of the demos, more interesting things, the sax demos, remind me of a project I did with the Dancer Kitt Johnson "Topografica" and her saxifonist. We sampled alot of tung flutters with the base Clarinet. among other things mulitphonics,,, Very creepy sounds... Early days for me.. Here I find the same type of sounds.. Great work..

I have downloaded the ElectraX demo but not initiated it yet, I want to find out how long the Demo runs, before opening it as I would need to set aside time for study..

I've got other gear that needs attention first..


I find the ElecraX interface and concept pretty interesting.

I don't see that there's much user actiivty on the forum. That might give pause..


But other that little niggle and with your endorsement, through example it sort of seals the deal for me, I'll likely get it as a next buy after I sort out my computer set up..

Thanks for the great work your doing with the ElectraX


Wade


Hey Wade, thank's for the flowers yet again :)

Multiphonics are such a great sampling source for electronic sounddesigning, just so otherwordly textures can be created with those.
I think the ElectraX demo doesn't time out (can't remember), it's just limited severely in demo mode, so much that I dumped it again the first time round.
I applied for the Tone2 Forum months ago twice, never got an approval/answer so I couldn't care less. We have KVR...
User avatar
core
KVRAF
 
4165 posts since 2 Sep, 2005, from city of lights (nl)

Postby core; Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:09 am

I use TripleX in this tune http://soundcloud.com/rekkerd/taped
You'll probably recognize the sound Simon :hihi:
Lovely soundset!
rekkerd.org - latest news, free samples, audio plugins, patches & sounds and plugins deals
User avatar
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF
 
6214 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:22 am

core wrote:I use TripleX in this tune http://soundcloud.com/rekkerd/taped
You'll probably recognize the sound Simon :hihi:
Lovely soundset!


Cool! Nice tune, Ronnie - good to hear it in action/context - thank's for posting that!
TwoToneshuzz
KVRian
 
939 posts since 12 Jan, 2010, from Copenhagen

Postby TwoToneshuzz; Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:04 pm

Thanks gehehim Ronnie!

Very nice track with a laidback latenight feel..

Thanks for posting that, adds value to here what others use things for in context..
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.
TwoToneshuzz
KVRian
 
939 posts since 12 Jan, 2010, from Copenhagen

Postby TwoToneshuzz; Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:00 pm

The other day I listened through all the Demos for the TripleX bank..

I listened to all the Demos on the Tone2 ElectraX page as well.

Stangely I can almost not handle listening to the Tone2's own ElectraX Demos, They are just too bright pushy and aggresive,is this called Techno, or what anyways, it's very Bright and IN YOU FACE..

So how is SimonSampleconstruct able to make ElectraX seem like the dream synth of all time...

Surely this Tone2 web site I visited exists in a parallel Universe, I'm using fuzzy logic here so hold on tight, what I listened to was on some kind a mirror internet because some electrical pulse effect, my computer is crosswired when I bring up the Tone2 Website, I get signals from an ANTI ELECTRAx univervse xARTCELE erehw yreve gniht is backwards and Upside down..

Anyways the Samplecontruct TripleX bank would be the only reason I would with confidence buy ElectraX

or is it xARTECELe.

I think I'll get back to listening to the Samplecontruct Demos of ElectraX, glad I found my way home... :phew:
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.
User avatar
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF
 
6214 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:52 pm

TwoToneshuzz wrote:The other day I listened through all the Demos for the TripleX bank..

I listened to all the Demos on the Tone2 ElectraX page as well.

Stangely I can almost not handle listening to the Tone2's own ElectraX Demos, They are just too bright pushy and aggresive,is this called Techno, or what anyways, it's very Bright and IN YOU FACE..

So how is SimonSampleconstruct able to make ElectraX seem like the dream synth of all time...

Surely this Tone2 web site I visited exists in a parallel Universe, I'm using fuzzy logic here so hold on tight, what I listened to was on some kind a mirror internet because some electrical pulse effect, my computer is crosswired when I bring up the Tone2 Website, I get signals from an ANTI ELECTRAx univervse xARTCELE erehw yreve gniht is backwards and Upside down..

Anyways the Samplecontruct TripleX bank would be the only reason I would with confidence buy ElectraX

or is it xARTECELe.

I think I'll get back to listening to the Samplecontruct Demos of ElectraX, glad I found my way home... :phew:


I guess ElectraX is a synth aimed at producers of dance/trance/stance/techno/loud/dubstep/depstub/duptep popular music so the demos on the Tone2 site reflect that. But as you've heard it can do everything else and a lot more as well. The "psychoacoustic" mode in ElectraX tends to make sounds very bright and harsh and it smears the transients a lot, most of the Factory presets use that mode, I tried to avoid it because almost always it deteriorated my patches and did not enhance them. I prefer the linear or analog mode.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Soundware