What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Blue is too difficult

Official support for: robpapen.com

Moderators: Meffy, Concretefx, Rob Papen

bread
KVRer

14 posts since 16 Oct, 2011

Postby bread; Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:39 pm Blue is too difficult

Um would be nice if I could actually get the arp to do what I want it to do without having to be a computer programming genius. I have tried for almost 2 weeks with this thing. So user unfriendly and the manual just says what the actual buttons do not how to use them. Software like this really needs some step by step tutorials for beginners. Also when I use the arp why are the notes automatically tuned to -36 so I have to change every single one back to 0 to even hear anything. This plug in also rarely stays in sync with pro tools. I feel I wasted my money. Nice sounds but frustrating and too difficult to use except for the presets.
Concretefx
KVRAF

3514 posts since 6 Feb, 2003, from UK

Postby Concretefx; Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:08 pm

About the arp, it should do that to -36, have you tried right clicking in the arp and selecting default, it'll set things to an appropriate default.

Syncing, trying turning off the sync, so it doesn't try to auto-sync.

And tutorial, Rob has done a video one here

http://www.robpapen.com/tutorials.html#Blue

and may do others.

Cheers

Jon
plauto
KVRist

158 posts since 20 Jul, 2004

Postby plauto; Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:20 am

Partly agree with that being said, It seems that developers like to complicate things that could be simple, the arpeggiator Nexus 2 (reFX) for example is very simple to use and more powerful than any other. Dune, Predator, Blue, Toxic Biohazard and others are similar and in my opinion is hard to create something really interesting.

Sorry my english translated.

Cheers
Rob Papen
KVRAF

1921 posts since 18 Oct, 2002

Postby Rob Papen; Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:41 am

It is a heavy synth.

But that is always the battle between having features and "simple to use".

Tutorials can help, but I am way behind in that stuff. Need to finish also two for SubBoomBass and then the rest...................

Maybe you can write, what function you do not understand.
Maybe we can help out.

Rob
www.robpapen.com

"Inspiration SoundWare"
bread
KVRer

Postby bread; Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:06 pm

Concretefx wrote:About the arp, it should do that to -36, have you tried right clicking in the arp and selecting default, it'll set things to an appropriate default.

Syncing, trying turning off the sync, so it doesn't try to auto-sync.

And tutorial, Rob has done a video one here

http://www.robpapen.com/tutorials.html#Blue

and may do others.

Cheers

Jon

Are you serious?? Thats a tutorial?? That is a person sitting there in front of a computer screen saying nothing and tweaking some knobs. You cannot be serious that this is a tutorial. You must be taking the piss.
bread
KVRer

Postby bread; Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:41 pm

The sync button doesn't appear to make the sequences sync with pro tools??

Where is the latch in the sequencer??
re_mute
KVRAF

1564 posts since 24 Feb, 2004

Postby re_mute; Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:35 pm

bread wrote:The sync button doesn't appear to make the sequences sync with pro tools??

If you want help you firstly need to calm down. And second, what version of Pro Tools? Mac or PC? What version of Blue? Buffer settings, audio interface etc etc.
Give more information, describe step by step how to recreate the problems. Make a clear, concise of feature requests.
Otherwise you just come off as an incoherent kid having a tantrum.
"What embecile composed this list :/"
bread
KVRer

Postby bread; Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:59 pm

re_mute wrote:
bread wrote:The sync button doesn't appear to make the sequences sync with pro tools??

If you want help you firstly need to calm down. And second, what version of Pro Tools? Mac or PC? What version of Blue? Buffer settings, audio interface etc etc.
Give more information, describe step by step how to recreate the problems. Make a clear, concise of feature requests.
Otherwise you just come off as an incoherent kid having a tantrum.

Well firstly I am calm but Im really not happy that I only found out after my purchase that there is basically very little documentation or tutorials on how to use this synth. I feel I have spent good money and there should at least be some kind of basic instruction to get people started. But I guess I should have checked out the support before I purchased it. The manual in my opinion is quite useless. It gives no instruction but only says what each buttons function is.

My system - Mac OSX 10.7.2 Pro tools 10 blue 1.9.0b.

I don't have a problem as such. I just don't know how to get blue to do what I want it to do. Im sure it must be achievable but again without instruction I do not know how. Many plugins are well supported , very intuitive and easy to figure out such as avids transfuser but this one has me beat and I keep coming up against minor things that I just can't figure out. So I sit here for hours trying to figure out one little thing then I give up because I don't get anywhere. It should not be like this. Music should be fun not frustrating.

My latest issue is with the arp/sequencer. I managed to get to figure out how to use the arp with the sequencer and latch my sequence on so it plays continuously but now I am looking at the preset sequences and cannot figure out how to make them latch so that I can play them in a loop in pro tools. Im not sure what the point of having these preset sequences if they cannot be latched on in sync to pro tools. Can you please explain and Ill try to stay calm
Concretefx
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:26 am

Sorry , for sequencer latching you should use midi hold (cc 64, value over 63), this will hold the sequencer. This is same for all modes, hold will stop notes being released.

Jon
bread
KVRer

Postby bread; Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:29 am

see below
Last edited by bread on Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
bread
KVRer

Postby bread; Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:30 am

Concretefx wrote:Sorry , for sequencer latching you should use midi hold (cc 64, value over 63), this will hold the sequencer. This is same for all modes, hold will stop notes being released.

Jon

what does midi hold(cc 64, value over 63), mean? Sorry I don't understand what this means
Concretefx
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:37 am

It just means that you press your hold controller down (if you have one), so it's send a midi cc 64 message with a value over 63 to Blue. If you don't have a special hold controller, then if you send a midi cc 66 message , with a value over 63 over to Blue, it'll do the same thing.

There isn't a specific latch button for the sequencer (we may add one), but you can do it this way.

Jon
bread
KVRer

Postby bread; Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:39 am

Concretefx wrote:It just means that you press your hold controller down (if you have one), so it's send a midi cc 64 message with a value over 63 to Blue. If you don't have a special hold controller, then if you send a midi cc 66 message , with a value over 63 over to Blue, it'll do the same thing.

There isn't a specific latch button for the sequencer (we may add one), but you can do it this way.

Jon

Um am I supposed to know how to do this cause I don't have a clue. You really need to add a latch button to the sequencer or its pretty much useless to people like myself who have no idea how to send this midi message. This should be a basic feature. Do I send from my keyboard somehow?? Sounds way too complicated. But Ill try if you can explain as I need to use this feature. If I cannot figure this out then your presets are redundant.
Concretefx
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:52 am

All most all midi keyboards will have a hold / sustain button , it's a standard midi control.

Otherwise, for the Blue channel in protools, click on the view controller button for that track, it normals shows "notes", but click on it , and in the controllers sub-menu it'll shows sustain (64), if you set the value in this view to maximum, it'll put sustain / hold on and the sequencer will be held.

Alternatively, if you not playing live, then just have a note as long as you want the sequencer to play for (or have repeated notes), it'll work that way.

Jon

PS It is a good idea, in the next version (should be before the end of the year), I'll put in a sequencer latch button.
bread
KVRer

Postby bread; Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:04 am

Concretefx wrote:All most all midi keyboards will have a hold / sustain button , it's a standard midi control.

Otherwise, for the Blue channel in protools, click on the view controller button for that track, it normals shows "notes", but click on it , and in the controllers sub-menu it'll shows sustain (64), if you set the value in this view to maximum, it'll put sustain / hold on and the sequencer will be held.

Alternatively, if you not playing live, then just have a note as long as you want the sequencer to play for (or have repeated notes), it'll work that way.

Jon

PS It is a good idea, in the next version (should be before the end of the year), I'll put in a sequencer latch button.

Thanks for the help.

Will I be able to update my version when you add it?
Next

Moderators: Meffy, Concretefx, Rob Papen

Return to Rob Papen