What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  
KVRAF

9660 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:31 pm

dmbaer wrote:
ZenPunkHippy wrote:IMO using the Import Audio browser for SFZ files would be a better solution.

Have you ever auditioned a large number of sfz files? OK, I'm sure you have ... but if you did, how could you call this a better solution? It takes many more mouse clicks and is a royal pain. So, please do make the next/prev buttons work for sfz files.

What I meant is that it would be better to use the Import Audio browser than to roll back to the earlier version (which it turns out did not have this feature ... my bad!).

Peace,
Andy.
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:36 pm

dm12167 wrote:Thanks, the config file example is a superb solution for power users/sound designers!

I can't promise anything, but this is up for discussion at our next meeting. It's certainly something I want too, since it would make all the libs I've converted to SFZ much easier to access.

Peace,
Andy.
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:57 pm

We discussed a solution to this problem yesterday. Instead of adding a setting to the config file, the previous/next behaviour will depend on what the user has loaded in to the source.

When the user selects an SFZ using the Load Audio menu or Import Audio browser, previous/next will scroll through SFZ files only. If the user selects an individual audio file previous/next will scroll through individual audio files only. In either case, the buttons will scroll through the entire Samples/... folder and wrap around at the top/bottom.

Peace,
Andy.
KVRian

616 posts since 11 Nov, 2009, from Northern CA

Postby dmbaer; Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:20 am

ZenPunkHippy wrote:We discussed a solution to this problem yesterday. Instead of adding a setting to the config file, the previous/next behaviour will depend on what the user has loaded in to the source.

When the user selects an SFZ using the Load Audio menu or Import Audio browser, previous/next will scroll through SFZ files only. If the user selects an individual audio file previous/next will scroll through individual audio files only. In either case, the buttons will scroll through the entire Samples/... folder and wrap around at the top/bottom.

Peace,
Andy.

Brilliant! Can't wait. :)
KVRer

20 posts since 30 Oct, 2011

Postby dm12167; Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:55 am

Well thought out solution, looking forward to the next update, Thanks for listening to us and following up!
KVRer

20 posts since 30 Oct, 2011

Postby dm12167; Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:20 am

Hi,

any news on this one?

Thanks

DM

dm12167 wrote:Well thought out solution, looking forward to the next update, Thanks for listening to us and following up!
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:25 pm

It's in the v1.30 update and working well, but we haven't started beta testing yet. The first public release candidate will be available once beta testing is completed.

Peace,
Andy.
Previous

Moderators: ZenPunkHippy, ugo, biomechanoid, Ben [Camel Audio]

Return to Camel Audio