Reaktor FX- do you use 'em? Whaddya think?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since going x64, I've been on the hunt for a good reverb to replace CSR which does not yet play in that sandbox without a bridge.

Nothing seems quite right. Many are good, but not quite the smooth hall quality that I'm looking for.

On a whim, I opened up the REAKTOR FX folder and dug out Spacemaster 2. Right out of the gate, the hall preset gives a great smooth verb, suitable for a send to be applied in varied doses.

I'm wondering what others think of the Reaktor FX, not just for the verb, but other stuff, either in the factory files, or other stuff in the user library that rivals other professional plugs.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

The "Kleinstein" phaser in that Jarre-sounding string machine (Oxygene, I think it's called) is a pretty good Small Stone substitute.

There are many good effects in the factory library! Spacemaster is a very, very nice reverb, the small stone emulation is also very nice (I have no idea how close it comes to the original but it sounds nice), I sometimes use the spring reverb too and there are probably many other great effects :)

I don't want to derail the thread but if you want a good (the best imo) reverb just check out ValhallaRoom (You already did iirc?) :hihi:

Cheers
Dennis

Bronto Scorpio wrote:
I don't want to derail the thread but if you want a good (the best imo) reverb just check out ValhallaRoom (You already did iirc?) :hihi:

Cheers
Dennis
Funny you mention ValhallaRoom. I've not yet auditioned it, but it is high on my list. I've been wary of it because the buzz around it seems similar to that of Eos which was very disappointing to me. [Eos has a very metallic sound - not at all welcome on a hall. When I mentioned this in a KVR thread a while back, I got a bunch of responses that essentially said "oh, yeah, it's metallic..." Which of course, leaves me scratching my head over why people swear by it.]

While I'm at it, I should mention that my biggest reverb missed opportunity was NOT getting Aether when it was introduced in the group buy. :bang: At the time, I was very happy with CSR, not realizing that it may not make it over to x64.

Which, as I mentioned above, is why I was pleased to stumble upon the Spacemaster 2.

-B
Berfab

Laserbrew is also excellent - more of a creative reverb:

http://co.native-instruments.com/index. ... tchid=3443

I use the Reaktor (4) reverbs quite a bit. The presets are a good start, but ya kinda need to know what you're aiming for the get the most out of them eh. :) And what's that chorus fx in EI 2 ? I used to use that a lot, just kinda found another better/quick old skool chorus effect to use in it's place. :D

Perimeter Sound wrote:I And what's that chorus fx in EI 2 ? I used to use that a lot, just kinda found another better/quick old skool chorus effect to use in it's place. :D
Well that's kind of the problem with using the Reaktor stuff is that you've got to get a full blown instance of Reaktor shell to use them. 3rd party devs have the advantage there because you can get great plugs that fire up on their own in no time.
Berfab

Using extensively. In every area. Few days ago i downloaded L3V3LL3r from user library. Amazing, really amazing compressor also available as separate VSTi. Well praised here at KVR. Now available as Reaktor FX.

Few days ago i pulled reverb module from Spark for my own use. Loving it on my hardware and sw synths. Plain simple yet nice sounding. Check also Yardstick reverbator in user library. Huge sound.

Reaktor have massive potential for FX ;)

BERFAB wrote:
Perimeter Sound wrote:I And what's that chorus fx in EI 2 ? I used to use that a lot, just kinda found another better/quick old skool chorus effect to use in it's place. :D
Well that's kind of the problem with using the Reaktor stuff is that you've got to get a full blown instance of Reaktor shell to use them. 3rd party devs have the advantage there because you can get great plugs that fire up on their own in no time.
For clean guitar, the Pod Farm Free 'Cavernous Reverb', and a second track
with z3ta+fx 6-Voice Chorus modulation + Large Hall Reverb mode have great surprises. Sorry it's a hair off topic. :)

Never even considered Reaktor for effects :dog: time to go play..

VitaminD wrote:Never even considered Reaktor for effects :dog: time to go play..
Ahhh man! Are you in for a treat.
Mix a tune then drop Flatblaster on the master channle, pull down the master volume just a bit then play it back. Use the Platnium Finish snap. Woooot!
Riley :D
Asus CM6870 3AB, i7 3770 Ivy, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 7TB Internal, Windows 8 64bit Pro,RME Firface UC, Reaper. Ableton Live 9, Sonar X2, Maschine.

Wow.. I had no idea.. stupid me only thought this was for instruments..

so far digging Spacemaster and the Analogfilter box just from the factory... :-o

riley4reason wrote:
VitaminD wrote:Never even considered Reaktor for effects :dog: time to go play..
Ahhh man! Are you in for a treat.
Mix a tune then drop Flatblaster on the master channle, pull down the master volume just a bit then play it back. Use the Platnium Finish snap. Woooot!
Riley :D
Double woot!! :D

I was looping a 64 bar pattern I made with 60s Drums and had Fatblaster over the top.. very very nice. So nice that I pulled out the bass and jammed a little. (only a little since I'm not very good yet :hihi:)

This makes me want a proper Audio Interface (Quad capture??) so I can route the bass through all of these effects..

All the time!

one of my favorite delays is Fusion Reflection - brilliant!

Reverbs: Space Master, 6Rev, Laserbrew, Native Yardstick.

(+1 on ValhallaRoom)

These are some great suggestions. Thanks guys.

Very glad I brought it up!

Cheers
-B
Berfab

Return to “Effects”