Fxpansion have a NEW drum synth on the way!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just got my copy of computer music and they have an exclusive on a new drum machinse called Tremor!
They describe it as, "A software drum machine with synthesis, effects , modulation and step sequencing"
It uses code from Dcam, has 8 engines (ala Guru and Geist), dcam oscillators, realtime macro controls and is gonna cost £99.
It's coming soon! :o 8) :P :hihi: :love: :!: #sorry i think fxpansion along with camel, and audio damage might be my favourite software geezers, and this news excites the hell outta me!

sorry if this is old news.... i am kinda slow on the uptake...

They seem to have a FAQ for it already! Naughty old Google

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page ... ingletab_c

From those seems a bit like Drumaxx

Redspark wrote:They seem to have a FAQ for it already! Naughty old Google

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page ... ingletab_c
Yeah just like I thought old news already! :)
Still stoked although the last thing I need is another drum vsti...

I'd much rather have that integrated into Geist... kinda clumsy to have both with much overlapping functionality...

too many of these things already imo.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:too many of these things already imo.
Yes - but when Fxpansion is behind it - I'm interested. But I do agree with pdxindy. Would rather see both integrated into one product.
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

I'm assuming they already went down that road and came up with something far too bulky, and ungainly... I find Fxpansion walk the line between functionality and bloated feature sets rather well, and this decision to release it as a separate product is related to that....
Plus there are many who dont want sample based beats at all, so can get this for almosr half the price of what Geist is. Maybe tho they'll come with a fusor type plug for this and geist to be used together... just dreamin' :wink:

pdxindy wrote:I'd much rather have that integrated into Geist... kinda clumsy to have both with much overlapping functionality...
Ditto. Kind of a bummer for workflow if they have separate sequencing. Just make it Geist 2 with added synthesis (and upgrade price of course).

If they make it Geist 2 then I will buy it again.

Angus once asked me why I sold Geist and my answer still is that it was is the best drum sampler on the market but to make it a all in one it needed a step sequencer and incorporate the DCAM bundle into it.

I bet it would of sold shitloads and everything else except for say Maschine has failed me dismally.

Seems Punch and even groovebox have dropped off the radar.

Cheers

Geist should absolutely have a drum synth module. Pad layers should be switchable between sample and synth, so you could combine synth and samples per pad.

It should also have a mode (for rex/loops) where the loop is mapped to all keys of the keyboard, not only the 16 pads, but that's another story.

Let's hope they'll do a Geist Pro version with Tremor engines implemented. I would also much much prefer one integrated solution!! Let's put some pressure on FXpansion!

That said, cant wait to see/hear what they've come up with!
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

Yeah, I was waiting for Geist to get synthesis features, I'd thought that was the plan all along :shrug:

todd_r wrote:Yeah, I was waiting for Geist to get synthesis features, I'd thought that was the plan all along :shrug:
Ditto. Papen's Punch and RMIV have already got synthesis + sampling. WTF are they thinking?
:?
"What embecile composed this list :/"

re_mute wrote:
todd_r wrote:Yeah, I was waiting for Geist to get synthesis features, I'd thought that was the plan all along :shrug:
Ditto. Papen's Punch and RMIV have already got synthesis + sampling. WTF are they thinking?
:?
+1 I'm a bit pissed at this too, because I definitely recall someone at Fxpansion saying they'd have synthesis in Geist at some point. Maybe they still plan on doing it.

ATS wrote:too many of these things already imo.
Are all the currently availible Drumsynths the same as this one then?

Your opinion is silly, I bet your only drumsynth is a Rhythmicon. :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”