What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Strange action when converting Wusik Preset

Official support for: wusik.com

Moderators: Goseba, WilliamK

KVRer

2 posts since 31 Dec, 2011

Postby quartermoonpro; Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:02 am Strange action when converting Wusik Preset

Hello,

When using Extreme sample converter to convert a Wusik preset to another format, I get errors. So I decided to try using the ESC VSTi converter - that works except that the each of the sound files created have no sustain. If you hold down the key, the note should continue to play until you release the key, just as it performs in Wusik. Any ideas? I followed the tutorial on YouTube, but I'm not getting the results... scratching head.
KVRAF

2743 posts since 29 Feb, 2004

Postby asseca; Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:00 am

AFAIK ExSCv3.6 can only handle WusikStation-file V1 and V2 formats.

WusikStation can convert WusikSND-files to SFZ-files, but ONLY the mapping info will be intact, so e.g. the ADSR and filter information will be lost.

Re: using ExSC's VSTi converter: I can't remember how that works anymore ...

To what format do you wish to convert ??
KVRer

2 posts since 31 Dec, 2011

Postby quartermoonpro; Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:17 am

I'm converting to Akai S5000 format, but I think you answered my question. I'm guessing the the ESC VSTi converter works much the same way - it won't keep the ADSR or Filter information intact. Ito of course does fine as far as the mapping goes.

I appreciate your help.

I know Chicken Systems Translator will do Wusik conversion, but I'm betting I'll run into the same problem. The bad thing about CST is that there's no way to trial it out really.
KVRAF

17069 posts since 11 Jun, 2001, from Wusik Dot Com

Postby WilliamK; Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:19 am

AFAIK no converter will keep ADSR or filter information. But in Wusik Station that's easy to solve, just create a template preset and use it to load sounds. ;-)

Moderators: Goseba, WilliamK

Return to Wusik.com