What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  
KVRer

3 posts since 31 Dec, 2011

Postby bman85082; Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:44 pm

"•Describe the step-by-step process to reproduce the bug (if possible)." - see below

"•Describe how often the bug occurs." - ALL THE TIME

"•VST Plugin and Version (eg Poise 1.0.5)"- Poise 1.1.13, 1.0.79

"•Host and Version (eg Cubase 5.5)" - Pro Tools 8.0.5

"•Windows Version (eg Windows XP / Vista / 7)" - Windows 7 64-bit

Hi all,

I love this program so far & I am pretty much sold, but I have run into two problems. In short, I want to use Poise in "16 out" mode, which to me is critical for mixing/time-saving purposes. I'm running ProTools 8.0.5 with a DIGI 003r on Windows 7 64-bit (fully updated).

PROBLEM #1

Upon several attempts with the "demo" version, I couldn't seem to get the Poise 1.1.13 outputs to show up as available plugin "inputs" on my audio tracks... So I had to use another "full" version (1.0.79) as a means of testing this out.

PROBLEM #2

After some searching around online, I read somewhere to duplicate the original "Poise.dll" & from that create another DLL that ends in "16 out" (titled Poise 16 Out.dll) which should allow you to use 16 outs on the program... Not sure if that was necessary as the "full" version i've used is a newer revision, but both are showing in the plugins folder ("VWPoise.dpm"/"VWPoise.dpm.rsr" & "VWPoise 16 Out.dpm"/"VWPoise 16 Out.dpm.rsr" respectively).

This is the MAIN problem i'm having: I can open either/or in protools & I have figured out how to set it up so that each pad goes to 1-16.. Whats happening however is that I can't access all 16 outs. Basically, if I assign each pad to out 1-16 in Poise, then open an audio recording track/audio aux track in protools, the track will only allow me to select 15 of the 16 outs. Heres the rundown:

"•Describe the step-by-step process to reproduce the bug (if possible)."

I go thru these steps (after opening Poise on an instrument track/selecting my kit & outs/etc):

1. navigate to newly created audio recording track/audio aux track (tried both stereo and mono)>

2. go to the "I/O" section>

3. scroll down on the menu to select "plug-in" sub menu>

4. select "VSTW Poise- Inst 1-Insert a" on next sub menu>

5. open next submenu to select inputs for audio recording track/audio aux track

When I get to step 5, what i'm noticing is that this final submenu shows a list of outs available to select (Out 3+4 through Out 31+32), but it STARTS on "Out 3+4" & does not show "Out 1+2"... So obviously this means I can't use "Out 1+2", which means i'm only getting 15 outs... And on my Poise, out "2" is routed to 3+4, out "3" is routed to 5+6 & so on & so forth in that order.

TWO questions:

1. Am I doing something wrong or is this indeed a bug???

2. In regards to the issue i'm having with the Poise 1.1.13 "demo" version outputs not showing up as available plugin "inputs" on my audio tracks, is this something I would also experience with the FULL version of poise 1.1.13???

Hope someone can help. Loving this program & would hate to have to turn to something else all because of this one small problem with this one small clue software lol. Hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks so much!!!!

-B
KVRAF

1963 posts since 7 Jul, 2008, from Cardiff, Wales, UK

Postby LeVzi; Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:15 pm

If you repost this to the OneSmallClue section here at KVR or ask a mod to move it for you, the dev will get back to you asap, he's v good :)
Forward ever, Backward never
Skunk Mod

20424 posts since 10 Jun, 2004, from Pony Pasture

Postby Meffy; Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:45 pm

Yup, I'll move it there.
KVRian

1195 posts since 14 Dec, 2003, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby very angry mobster; Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:14 pm

Thanks LeVzi and Meffy.

Hi Bman, welcome to the forum. Thanks for reporting the problem in detail. :)

First up, I'm not familiar with Pro Tools at all. I don't have access to Pro Tools for testing purposes either.

PROBLEM #1

Upon several attempts with the "demo" version, I couldn't seem to get the Poise 1.1.13 outputs to show up as available plugin "inputs" on my audio tracks... So I had to use another "full" version (1.0.79) as a means of testing this out.

Sounds like a bug might have been introduced somewhere in the last couple versions. Saving is disabled in the demo. All other functions should work fully.

PROBLEM #2

After some searching around online, I read somewhere to duplicate the original "Poise.dll" & from that create another DLL that ends in "16 out" (titled Poise 16 Out.dll) which should allow you to use 16 outs on the program... Not sure if that was necessary as the "full" version i've used is a newer revision, but both are showing in the plugins folder

Renaming the dll to "Poise 16 Out.dll" fixes the outputs at 16. It is for hosts that don't allow plugins to change the number of outputs.

if I assign each pad to out 1-16 in Poise, then open an audio recording track/audio aux track in protools, the track will only allow me to select 15 of the 16 outs. Heres the rundown:
Are you using Fxpansions VST to RTAS adapter? Looking in the manual, it appears this is normal. The manual says the first output is routed to the of the instrument track.

But I'm not familiar with Pro Tools. Do you own any other multi-out VST plugins? Do they work the same or differently?

2. In regards to the issue i'm having with the Poise 1.1.13 "demo" version outputs not showing up as available plugin "inputs" on my audio tracks, is this something I would also experience with the FULL version of poise 1.1.13???

This sounds like a bug. The outputs should show with the demo. Do you have time available for some bug testing?

Shannon
KVRer

Postby bman85082; Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:05 pm

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.

very angry mobster wrote:Thanks LeVzi and Meffy.

Hi Bman, welcome to the forum. Thanks for reporting the problem in detail. :)

First up, I'm not familiar with Pro Tools at all. I don't have access to Pro Tools for testing purposes either.

PROBLEM #1

Sounds like a bug might have been introduced somewhere in the last couple versions. Saving is disabled in the demo. All other functions should work fully.

PROBLEM #2

After some searching around online, I read somewhere to duplicate the original "Poise.dll" & from that create another DLL that ends in "16 out" (titled Poise 16 Out.dll) which should allow you to use 16 outs on the program... Not sure if that was necessary as the "full" version i've used is a newer revision, but both are showing in the plugins folder

Renaming the dll to "Poise 16 Out.dll" fixes the outputs at 16. It is for hosts that don't allow plugins to change the number of outputs.

if I assign each pad to out 1-16 in Poise, then open an audio recording track/audio aux track in protools, the track will only allow me to select 15 of the 16 outs. Heres the rundown:
Are you using Fxpansions VST to RTAS adapter? Looking in the manual (http://www.fxpansion1.com/resourceUploads/VST_to_RTAS_Adapter_v2.0_-_Manual.pdf), it appears this is normal. The manual says the first output is routed to the of the instrument track.

But I'm not familiar with Pro Tools. Do you own any other multi-out VST plugins? Do they work the same or differently?

This sounds like a bug. The outputs should show with the demo. Do you have time available for some bug testing?

Shannon

Hey Shannon!!!

Wow, honor to hear from you!!! Thanks so much for the quick reply & sorry for initially posting in the wrong section (i'm new here). HAPPY NEW YEAR as well!!! If I read correctly, you're located in Australia & you guys are already in 2012 as we speak (i'm in the states & currently have about 2 more hours to go :D )

Cool, so I can scratch the thing with me duplicating the .dll file then. Works for me :-).

Are you using Fxpansions VST to RTAS adapter? Looking in the manual (http://www.fxpansion1.com/resourceUploads/VST_to_RTAS_Adapter_v2.0_-_Manual.pdf), it appears this is normal. The manual says the first output is routed to the of the instrument track.

As for the 3+4 outputs situation, I totally overlooked that as I never bothered to read the FXpansion manual. Says it right there on page 14 & even illustrates it ('dohph :P ). That was my main problem, but I guess it makes sense for them to route that 1st output to the main outs on the plugin channel. I can deal with it, guess i'll just send that instrument tracks outputs to a bus if I really need it to be on an "Audio" track or i'll just use that instrument track as a "Audio" track otherwise (for my kick as I always have that on the 1st channel :-).

You know what, thats a good question!!! Honestly i've been an "RTAS" plugin guy for years now as I never really knew how to use the "wrapper" & always used ProTools as my sole DAW... I only recently dove into using the "vsti" format upon visiting a producer friends house who uses Native Instruments Kontakt... In short, I fell in love with several instruments/plugin fx that happen to be in the "vsti" format. Once I recently figured out how to use that wrapper, I went on a wild rampage about 2 weeks ago & just started searching for the best "vsti" stuff out there! I probably have a good 50 or so vsti plugins right now & not sure which ones have multi-outs. I'll do some investigating & if you know of some, name em off for me cause I might have em.

I'm no expert at this, but i'm a pretty smart guy & quick learner so if its just a matter of following some steps, i'm up to it! Just let me know & walk me thru! I check my email several times daily & so far all the posts on here have forwarded to my email just as I had requested when I setup my username.

BTW- This program is AWESOME & you really did a GREAT job as it seems like you left no rock unturned (& thats coming from a die-hard Protools user who is using it as a "wrapped" plugin lol). Aside from an official Protools "RTAS" & "AAX" version (which would save us ProTools users from having to "wrap" it & presumably remove the "outputs starting on 3+4" issue which is stated in the FXpansion Adapter Manual), the ONLY other thing I can think of that i'd LOVE to see would be a nice compressor/limiter, a soft clipper & a syncable delay as 3 additional fx available in each of the 16 pads "fx" sections... But even without me being an expert, I know those 3 items would possibly add to the processor usage &/or make the program less stable... So i'm assuming this is why those 3 fx arent included in the fx menu as i'm a late-comer & almost positive someone else had to mention it by now! As far as the "compressor" though, I think it would be AWESOME to include a compressor that is a software version of 1 of the few hardware compressors that many top studio engineers seem to love using specifically on drums (DBX 160x, Empirical Labs Distressor, UA 1176 or Valley People "Dyna-Mite" just to name a few). Just a thought tho! Saw the suggestions section somewhere on your site & figured i'd mention it as something i'd love to see :-). Option B in my case would be to just setup "AUX" audio tracks for the compressors that I want to record INTO the audio file &/or setup some buses for delays/parallel compression... Having at least 1 or 2 of these fx built into the program would save a few steps for guys like me. I'm "sold" either way though & have already mentioned the program to several friends who didn't know about it.

Thanks so much once again & talk 2u soon!!!!

-B
KVRian

1195 posts since 14 Dec, 2003, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby very angry mobster; Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:18 pm

the ONLY other thing I can think of that i'd LOVE to see would be a nice compressor/limiter, a soft clipper & a syncable delay as 3 additional fx available in each of the 16 pads "fx" sections... But even without me being an expert, I know those 3 items would possibly add to the processor usage &/or make the program less stable... So i'm assuming this is why those 3 fx arent included in the fx menu as i'm a late-comer & almost positive someone else had to mention it by now! As far as the "compressor" though, I think it would be AWESOME to include a compressor that is a software version of 1 of the few hardware compressors that many top studio engineers seem to love using specifically on drums (DBX 160x, Empirical Labs Distressor, UA 1176 or Valley People "Dyna-Mite" just to name a few). Just a thought tho!

Some more effects would be good, but I'm not planning anything yet. At the moment my main focus is porting Poise to 64 bit.

I'm no expert at this, but i'm a pretty smart guy & quick learner so if its just a matter of following some steps, i'm up to it! Just let me know & walk me thru!
Thanks. Could you send me an email please?

shannon@onesmallclue.com
KVRer

Postby bman85082; Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:40 pm

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.

very angry mobster wrote:
the ONLY other thing I can think of that i'd LOVE to see would be a nice compressor/limiter, a soft clipper & a syncable delay as 3 additional fx available in each of the 16 pads "fx" sections... But even without me being an expert, I know those 3 items would possibly add to the processor usage &/or make the program less stable... So i'm assuming this is why those 3 fx arent included in the fx menu as i'm a late-comer & almost positive someone else had to mention it by now! As far as the "compressor" though, I think it would be AWESOME to include a compressor that is a software version of 1 of the few hardware compressors that many top studio engineers seem to love using specifically on drums (DBX 160x, Empirical Labs Distressor, UA 1176 or Valley People "Dyna-Mite" just to name a few). Just a thought tho!

Some more effects would be good, but I'm not planning anything yet. At the moment my main focus is porting Poise to 64 bit.

I'm no expert at this, but i'm a pretty smart guy & quick learner so if its just a matter of following some steps, i'm up to it! Just let me know & walk me thru!

shannon@onesmallclue.com (mailto:shannon@onesmallclue.com)

That will make alot of ppl VERY happy!!! All us ProTools users are on the edge of our seats waiting for the 1st official "64-bit" version of ProTools, which more than likely will be version 11. Hopefully i'll be all caught up by then, considering that i'm still on version 8.0.5 lol

Sent!!! Let me know if it does not arrive & i'll resend :-) Talk 2u soon!

-B

----------------------------

Moderator: very angry mobster

Return to One Small Clue