performance instrumental "patterns"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A take of 3 Diva instances and hardware synths using 3 controller keyboards.

11.92 MB 6 min 30 sec at 256 kbps

"patterns"

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9504745/patterns.mp3

http://www.isound.com/downloads/634187

or second on the player at http://www.isound.com/artists#/fate_atc

any comments or criticism welcome.

Very nice fatc. This track feels a little busier than your recent tracks. It has an ever so slightly "harder" edge, with a more "angular" sound if you know what I mean. Still, this was a chilled, relaxing listen preparing for the madness that will be Monday.

Highly enjoyable 8)

thanks for checking this out seismic. Not sure what I think about this one, but pleased you enjoyed it.

i swear fate, one of these days you are going to bring on a flashback :D

beautiful tune. all those sounds twisting around each other in a multicoloured aural delight. brilliant stuff.

neil.

Grabbed my attention from the instant it started and held it throughout. Lovely, lively sounds and textures and, yes indeed, really quite trippy... 8)

I liked the improv. Alway cool to hear real time synth. :)
I didn't care for the higher pitched lfo stuff jumping in and out, but that's just me...I never liked patches that do that.
What HW synths...anything worth mentioning? :shrug:
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Very nice soundscape! I was reading another post while listening and at some point my eyes kind of unfocused and I was just listening for a while until I snapped out of it, cool stuff.

I do agree with annode (I think we're talking about the same thing) about the thin (or, dry, rather) sound that's jumping all over the place. I Like it, but I think it'd work a lot better mixed in more subtly. It's mostly what drew me out of my half trance state.

Apart from that, really cool piece with some great sounds. It sounds big and spacious, but at the same time it's not drowned in reverb (or if it is, it's done well, without getting it all "wet").

Aaand, it just stopped. Was that over 6 minutes!? It certainly has a hypnotic quality to it that's for sure!

well, bit hard to return to this, sorry about late reply.

well, all I can say is you are all gentleman, as this isn't very good, and I had thought about deleting it.

yukky tinny Diva presets that joins in with JX 10 for a dry honk from time to time. :oops:

I quite like some of the deep flub flub flub noises, and the in its own time tinkle tinkle bits, but don't think I'll try another version of this.

thanks to you all that listened, appreciated.

Seriously, if you check my posts here you'll see I tell people when it's bad. Or if it's mostly good but something could be better etc. If it's really good I let people know that too. I meant every word I posted here earlier :)

Maybe it's just pure luck that this worked, and the individual elements shouldn't have been very good, but somehow it all worked great as a piece, with the only exception being what has already been mentioned.

Return to “Music Cafe”