What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

VolumeShaper 3

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

User avatar
KVRian
 
717 posts since 11 Aug, 2005, from Hamburg, Germany
   

Postby Jakob / Cableguys; Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:20 am

Mercado_Negro wrote:It looks much better in black :)

Thanks! Glad you like it.

Mercado_Negro wrote:Just gave it a proper test and I noticed all bugs reported by ominopasticcione but you said you're working on them so :)

Yes, we worked on them and they will be fixed with the next beta. Clicking on one of the waveform buttons means that we send 120 parameter changes to the host sequencer at once (40 wavepoints * 3 values per wavepoint..). Seems that could easily lead to hiccups, which are taken care of now.
User avatar
KVRian
 
717 posts since 11 Aug, 2005, from Hamburg, Germany
   

Postby Jakob / Cableguys; Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:22 am

sonicpowa wrote:And just an idea: Scale oscilloscope height (option to click and drag the level of the view).
It looks nice so it could be used also as an oscilloscope.

Indeed. I am just right now implementing a scaling for the oscilloscope. Looks great!
KVRian
 
978 posts since 3 Jul, 2009

Postby sonicpowa; Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:02 am

^^^ awesome!
User avatar
KVRian
 
717 posts since 11 Aug, 2005, from Hamburg, Germany
   

Postby Jakob / Cableguys; Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:23 pm

Beta 2 is up! http://www.cableguys.de/volume-shaper-3.html

This fixes the issue with garbled waveforms after clicking on buttons below the waveform. Also, MIDI in octave was offset by an octave, which is fixed as well.

Others:

- Retriggering the LFO via MIDI gives a nicer feedback in the oscilloscope (you should check this out!).
- The oscilloscope can be scaled now (I don't reveal how, hope it can be found intuitively enough).
- There's a new button for snapping wave points to the grid now.
- A couple of small layout tweaks.

All owners of VolumeShaper 1, VolumeShaper 2 or the Cableguys Bundle can find their VolumeShaper 3 license in their user account along with a full version beta now.
KVRian
 
577 posts since 22 Sep, 2007, from Caracas, Venezuela

Postby Mercado_Negro; Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi Jakob, thanks for the full beta2 version and license file to unlock it... though I'm afraid to say it crashes REAPER 32bit (and 64bit) 4.151 as soon as I click on "Choose Key" (with or without e-mail).
User avatar
KVRian
 
717 posts since 11 Aug, 2005, from Hamburg, Germany
   

Postby Jakob / Cableguys; Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:33 am

Mercado_Negro wrote:Hi Jakob, thanks for the full beta2 version and license file to unlock it... though I'm afraid to say it crashes REAPER 32bit (and 64bit) 4.151 as soon as I click on "Choose Key" (with or without e-mail).

Uh, indeed. We are currently investigating this!
User avatar
KVRian
 
717 posts since 11 Aug, 2005, from Hamburg, Germany
   

Postby Jakob / Cableguys; Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:19 am

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
Mercado_Negro wrote:Hi Jakob, thanks for the full beta2 version and license file to unlock it... though I'm afraid to say it crashes REAPER 32bit (and 64bit) 4.151 as soon as I click on "Choose Key" (with or without e-mail).

Uh, indeed. We are currently investigating this!

Fixed! So Beta 3 is up: http://www.cableguys.de/volume-shaper-3.html

Or, for your full version beta download: http://www.cableguys.de/login.html
KVRian
 
1098 posts since 3 Aug, 2004

Postby loopdon; Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:07 am

What's not to like?
Superb it looks.
I think i will have to grab this!
I salute you for offering such fine tools at very affordable prices.
You deserve our support. :love:
no sig
KVRian
 
577 posts since 22 Sep, 2007, from Caracas, Venezuela

Postby Mercado_Negro; Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:11 am

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
Mercado_Negro wrote:Hi Jakob, thanks for the full beta2 version and license file to unlock it... though I'm afraid to say it crashes REAPER 32bit (and 64bit) 4.151 as soon as I click on "Choose Key" (with or without e-mail).

Uh, indeed. We are currently investigating this!

Fixed! So Beta 3 is up: http://www.cableguys.de/volume-shaper-3.html

Or, for your full version beta download: http://www.cableguys.de/login.html


Thank you! Downloading...
User avatar
KVRer
 
22 posts since 16 Oct, 2006, from Russia
 

Postby Fomin; Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:23 am

Hi Jakob ,

First of all - Thank you for your hard work ! I have just purchased VolumeShaper and version 3 works perfectly in my hosts (Pro Tools HD 9 and Ableton Live 8 on Mac). Love it ! Only one minor thing is confusing me - separate automation lines for used wave and visible wave. It's a bit boring to draw an additional automation just for receive a visual feedback on plugin Gui , so it will be great if you add an option to sync it together .
User avatar
KVRian
 
717 posts since 11 Aug, 2005, from Hamburg, Germany
   

Postby Jakob / Cableguys; Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:22 am

Fomin wrote:Hi Jakob ,

First of all - Thank you for your hard work ! I have just purchased VolumeShaper and version 3 works perfectly in my hosts (Pro Tools HD 9 and Ableton Live 8 on Mac). Love it !

Thanks Fomin!

Fomin wrote:Only one minor thing is confusing me - separate automation lines for used wave and visible wave. It's a bit boring to draw an additional automation just for receive a visual feedback on plugin Gui , so it will be great if you add an option to sync it together .

Thanks for that feedback! What about giving some visual feedback instead, if the wave you hear is different to the wave that you edit? For example change the menu color of the LFO wave to red or so.
KVRAF
 
2421 posts since 12 Oct, 2002, from Terra Firma

Postby munchkin; Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:59 pm

Is Volumeshaper a subset of Filtershaper? What I mean is could I do everything that Volumeshaper does in Filtershaper? The reason I ask is because I want to buy a volume shaping plugin but if Filtershaper does the same thing and more then I might as well buy that instead.
User avatar
KVRian
 
717 posts since 11 Aug, 2005, from Hamburg, Germany
   

Postby Jakob / Cableguys; Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:08 pm

munchkin wrote:Is Volumeshaper a subset of Filtershaper? What I mean is could I do everything that Volumeshaper does in Filtershaper? The reason I ask is because I want to buy a volume shaping plugin but if Filtershaper does the same thing and more then I might as well buy that instead.

For VolumeShaper 2: Yes, besides cutoff, resonance and pan, you can also modulate volume in FilterShaper. VolumeShaper is a bit more streamlined if you only want to do volume modulation. On the other hand, FilterShaper's modulation matrix allows for more complex modulations, as there are 4 LFOs which can be used for modulating volume.

VolumeShaper 3 owns an oscilloscope and MIDI triggering, though, which FilterShaper 2 does not have. FilterShaper 3 is not planned yet.
User avatar
KVRian
 
717 posts since 11 Aug, 2005, from Hamburg, Germany
   

Postby Jakob / Cableguys; Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:04 am

We've just finished the VolumeShaper 3 video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxuHTLJHdsw

Feedback appreciated!
KVRian
 
1454 posts since 13 Oct, 2002

Postby Breeze; Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:14 pm

Nice video! Quick and to the point.

While everything seems fine, I have to re-iterate one of my original requests: unless I've missed it, there's currently no way to scale the effect of VolumeShaper smoothly from no effect to full intensity.

There is a way to do this by using two copies of the same track and inverting the phase of the one that has VolumeShaper on it. Then by raising the volume of the inverted version to match the original, the effect comes in bringing the effect in from 0 to 100%.

There are several problems with this: the management is more complicated as tracks have to duplicated along with any effects and it's likely effects aren't going to be as phase accurate... This could easily be done within VolumeShaper and a single mod destination could be used for it (Effect Intensity).

Sorry for waxing verbose... ;)
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects