What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Poise in ableton live, using the built in computer keyboard??

Official support for: onesmallclue.com

Moderator: very angry mobster

barreracuda
KVRer

4 posts since 19 Feb, 2012, from Atlanta

Postby barreracuda; Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:41 pm Poise in ableton live, using the built in computer keyboard??

I searched for info on this to no avail, but how can i get ableton & poise to recognize the computer keyboard as the midi controller? I want to assign pads to the keys the way LIVE lets you with other MIDI apps. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!
very angry mobster
KVRian

1212 posts since 14 Dec, 2003, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby very angry mobster; Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:01 pm

Is something not working like it should?

Poise will respond to anything that outputs MIDI notes. I don't know how to set up Live so that the keyboard sends MIDI notes. Perhaps a Live user will chime in or try asking on the Ableton forums.

Shannon
barreracuda
KVRer

Postby barreracuda; Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:26 pm

Ok, I'll try there. I can get it to make midi notes for other midi plugins, but it just won't control poise. Almost like the computer keyboard just scrolls through a cross shape with the letters W,A,S,& Z. I don't get it. I'll look on the Ableton forums and see if I can find an answer, thanks!
very angry mobster
KVRian

Postby very angry mobster; Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:01 am

In that case, try disabling the hotkeys.

- Open the Poise GUI
- Click the options button
- Choose "Options" from the menu
- Select the "Hotkeys" tab
- Disable Hotkeys

Does that help?
barreracuda
KVRer

Postby barreracuda; Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:46 am

very angry mobster wrote:In that case, try disabling the hotkeys.

- Open the Poise GUI
- Click the options button
- Choose "Options" from the menu
- Select the "Hotkeys" tab
- Disable Hotkeys

Does that help?

Hmm, it disabled the scrolling that was happening, but something is disabling midi notes from the computer keyboard when the Poise GUI is up? if I move ableton into the foreground, it recognizes the computer input, but its not allowing me to teach/assign any midi notes direct from the keyboard like I can with other VSTs or midi apps.
very angry mobster
KVRian

Postby very angry mobster; Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:33 pm

Ok, it looks like there is a problem. (Poise's mouse-wheel handling is interfering with Live's MIDI computer keyboard function.) It should be possible to fix but I'm a bit busy at the moment so the fix might take a couple weeks. I'll bump this thread when I have something ready. Thanks for reporting the problem Barreracuda. :)
barreracuda
KVRer

Postby barreracuda; Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:21 am

very angry mobster wrote:Ok, it looks like there is a problem. (Poise's mouse-wheel handling is interfering with Live's MIDI computer keyboard function.) It should be possible to fix but I'm a bit busy at the moment so the fix might take a couple weeks. I'll bump this thread when I have something ready. Thanks for reporting the problem Barreracuda. :)

Thanks for looking into it! :D

Moderator: very angry mobster

Return to One Small Clue