What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Feature Request

Official support for: camelaudio.com

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

melodiouspunk
KVRer

5 posts since 24 Sep, 2011

Postby melodiouspunk; Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:03 pm Feature Request

Feature Request:

I would like the pitch bend parameter redesigned to allow for a much larger range. I want +/- 64 Semitones at the least, not +/- 24 which it is currently limited to. The reason for this is that I want to do extreme pitch sweeps over 4 or 6 (or more) octaves that are SMOOTH, not stepped, which is the issue if I automate the course tuning knob on an oscillator. It SOOKS! I can totally hear the semitone steps in the automation sweep.

So I propose to redesign the pitch bend parameter as such: Rather than have the parameter set to semitone increments, make it so that there are TWO parameters for each direction: Octave and Semitone. The user can select how many octaves (0-8), then select how many semitones after that (0-12), rather than only having the choice of two octaves of semitones (0-24). Have those choices for each direction +/-. The ability to easily automate an 8 octave sweep using only pitch bend would be awesome!

Thanks,

RYKR
Ben H
KVRAF

1563 posts since 28 Jul, 2003

Postby Ben H; Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:40 pm

My main tools: Alchemy, Iris, Kontakt, Omnisphere, Padshop Pro, and SWAM.
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

10365 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:05 am

Thanks Ben ... yes we have a suggestions thread for this type of post, but I'll answer here anyway ...

Changing the parameters to pitch bend is not something we can do in Alchemy v1.x, but we'll certainly consider it for Alchemy version 2. We have not received many requests for increased pitch bend range, but I can see how it would useful for some sounds.

When you say host automation is causing stepped pitch modulation, do you mean with the VA engine or when using samples in any of the modes (sample, granular, additive etc.).

With the VA engine it sounds OK here (very similar to other soft synths ...) whether I modulate the master coarse tune or an individual source.

Peace,
Andy.
padillac
KVRist

345 posts since 27 Nov, 2011

Postby padillac; Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:45 am

In the mean time you can use portamento to get the same effect, and modulate the glide time if you want it to speed up and slow down at parts. Or morph from a higher pitched source to a lower one.
Maurex
KVRist

46 posts since 6 Aug, 2006

Postby Maurex; Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:35 pm

padillac: thinking out of the box... :D

This is the kind of guys Alchemy is for... and what Alchemy forces you to "learn" and practice too...
I'm not saying the guy who post this isn't, in fact, he did come with a solution for his problem, but needed someone else to do it (not bad, we can't do everything).
But kudos to you padillac ;)... helpful, humble, concise (not like me :S :D)
My hope on human's capacity of communion is restored! Once again :D...
Thanks Camels! (And I have to include us all here now, not just the developers, etc)

Greetings!

Mau... :D

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

Return to Camel Audio