One-Synth-Challenge 38: Olga - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Olga

ONE-SYNTH-CHALLENGE WEBSITE

RULES:
Submissions MUST comply with ALL the rules HERE!

Song(s) must be submitted before 1st April (KVR time)

PRIZES:
Wusik : Wusik Station V6 Full + Wusik EVE V2 Full

MaxSynths : Free choice of either Cryologic, Teutonic Tension or aPiano

Rob Lee Music : Free choice of 2 soundsets: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Electric Himalaya : Free choice of one soundset (as sold directly via the website)

Luftrum : Free choice of one soundset for either Glass Viper, Roland Gaia SH-01, Animoog or Reason

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures) Image

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: 1 soundset
(Uplifting Trance Presets)

Xhun Audio: LittleOne

Reusenoise: Olga Heaven and Hell soundset

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by V'ger on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sweet choice! Been meaning to try this for a long time and kept forgetting to... can't wait to give it a go! :D

Seems like the only demo limitation is a countdown, I love supporting awesome developers like that. 8)

evo2slo wrote:Sweet choice! Been meaning to try this for a long time and kept forgetting to... can't wait to give it a go! :D

Seems like the only demo limitation is a countdown, I love supporting awesome developers like that. 8)
Is it like that with all the stillwell stuff? I'm going to check in the next few days. And its ok to use his other evaluation stuff just for this contest?

OMG - I LOVE this synth - AND it's AU!

In :hyper:

This synth feels like I'm playing Myst again! Much mystery and FUN!!!

Find the pages!!

:hihi:

bjporter wrote:Is it like that with all the stillwell stuff? I'm going to check in the next few days. And its ok to use his other evaluation stuff just for this contest?
Yes all Schwa and Stillwell are fully functioning demos. Interesting idea to use their other stuff just for this contest, what do others think? But even if not, part of the free Reaplugs is ReaJS where there are anyway versions of Bad Buss Mojo, Major Tom and Event Horizon + others like 1175, a emulation of the Urei 1176 compressor. All good stuff but the commercial stuff like The Rocket is great.

By the way, if you don't understand the Russian labeling on the controls in Olga (and don't want to just randomly tweak n discover like is the intention behind it), click the little graphic that looks like a bow-tie to the very left edge and English labels will come up.

This is going to be cool.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Fun, fun, fun! :D

We are looking forward to this month's "work". :hyper: :phones:

Hi all,

What a weird synth. Crazy sounds. Hard to imagine to make a complete sound out of it. The russion labels are confusing too. I am happy that there is a translation in the manual. I copied the graphics together to one page, so it is much easier to navigate now. You can download it from:

http://www.astroimages.at/OLGA-Layout.jpg

Should help all of us!

Photonic
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

It was fun to tweak around with the unintelligable controls. Sometimes it helps you think outside the box. Reminds me of when I was a teenager and played a synthesizer for the first time at a music store. It sounded so cool, but I didn't know how any of it worked! It was so mysterious it drew me in. On the practical side, thanks for the Bowtie icon tip![/list]

I'm loving the mystery aspect as well, and have already got a track started just by tweaking around. It's very freeing not looking at labels, seems to force me to listen closer and not fall into old habits.

Still, there's a few knobs that are puzzling me and I may break down and click the bowtie eventually, but will try to hold off as long as I can.

This thing can get so nasty and dirty! Should be some fun entries. :D

V'ger wrote:Yes all Schwa and Stillwell are fully functioning demos. Interesting idea to use their other stuff just for this contest, what do others think?
I like that idea.

V'ger wrote:[..]By the way, if you don't understand the Russian labeling on the controls in Olga (and don't want to just randomly tweak n discover like is the intention behind it), click the little graphic that looks like a bow-tie to the very left edge and English labels will come up.
Thanks for this! :D

an i make a request for a future contest? borisk INTRO

INTRO sounds good but can be a bit unstable and uses relatively much CPU. Might be included in a vote though..

But new prize donated to the contest! Thanks to Xhun Audio :)

Xhun Audio: LittleOne

Return to “Instruments”