What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

MuLab on the top 15 DAWs list by MusicRadar!

Official support for: mutools.com

Moderators: mutools, muzycian

User avatar
bpblog
KVRAF
 
1556 posts since 22 Apr, 2009, from Belgrade

Postby bpblog; Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:58 am MuLab on the top 15 DAWs list by MusicRadar!

14th place, just above Sony Acid!

http://www.musicradar.com/tuition/tech/ ... y-238905/2
MuLab is one of those DAWs that operates slightly under the radar: lots of people will never have heard of it, but its users are passionate about it.

so true!

:love:

here's the silly part:
That said, even MuLab's biggest fans would have to admit that it doesn't have a feature set to rival those of its pricier rivals, but if you want to do the basics - record/edit MIDI and audio, mix, use plug-ins etc - and like the idea of a simple, no-clutter interface, give it a try.

ok, but why not mention the modular engine, great sounding synths, effects, stability, ease of use?

:roll:

still, good coverage!

:tu:
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!
Acid Mitch
KVRAF
 
1572 posts since 5 Oct, 2005

Postby Acid Mitch; Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:08 am

bpblog wrote:ok, but why not mention the modular engine, great sounding synths, effects, stability, ease of use?



I'm guessing they haven't actually tried it.
And FL Studio the number one DAW ? I dont think so.
simonden
KVRist
 
320 posts since 19 Jul, 2011, from Right Here, Right Now

Postby simonden; Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:23 am

While I am sure that it is all good coverage, it is just based on an online poll. So the software thast most Musicradar readers have (that can be bothered to vote) will win.

So FL studio is in 1st place with 4 stars, Ableton Live 2nd place with 4.5 stars and Logic Pro in 3rd place with 5 stars! - makes no sense.

Now I am not trying to knock MuLab (I have never tried it), I am just surprised that MusicRadar would use the term 'best DAW' based on this method of polling (most popular does not mean best).

I would guess that MuLab is actually better thasn some of the other DAWs above it. And of course as you say it is good coverage and it is always nice to know that a developer has a passionate customer base, which can only reflect well on the product and how the developer treats it's customers.
Say NO to developers who ignore the law!
Bonteburg
Hun #3
 
4230 posts since 24 Mar, 2002, from A quaint little village just south of Hamburg, Germany

Postby Bonteburg; Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:26 am

I'd be interested to know how many people partook in the survey - maybe it turns out FL is simply more popular than Logic. It wouldn't surprise me seeing as the latter is only being marketed to Mac Users these days.

As for MU.LAB I think I should definitely be higher up than garageband (:shock:), but as the old internet folk say, YMMV.

I have Logic btw and while I wouldn't want to miss it from my toolbox, it's MU.LAB I feel much more at ease with in most situations.
funk01
KVRist
 
115 posts since 2 Dec, 2009

Postby funk01; Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:04 am

Acid Mitch wrote:
bpblog wrote:ok, but why not mention the modular engine, great sounding synths, effects, stability, ease of use?



I'm guessing they haven't actually tried it.
And FL Studio the number one DAW ? I dont think so.


This is a popularity contest. FL has a lot of followers and they would never be willing to try something else. Mu.lab is so user friendly. I love it.
You can't say the same for some other DAW's out there. It's good to see mu.lab climbing the charts.
liquidsound
KVRAF
 
2478 posts since 30 May, 2006, from US / Italy

Postby liquidsound; Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:45 pm

You people got it all wrong!
The best Daws are from the #15 down. Hum... But that's makes FL the worse one. :hihi:
MuLab & MUX, Zebra-Bazille-ACE-Diva-Diversion-Spire-Dune2-Xils4-Aalto-Imposcar2-Serum-Synthmaster-Alchemy
janamdo
KVRian
 
732 posts since 25 Oct, 2008, from Holland

Postby janamdo; Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:30 am

bpblog wrote:ok, but why not mention the modular engine, great sounding synths, effects, stability, ease of use?



Because the modular Engine is hidden under the hood
That is because Mutools is too modest to show what's under the hood of Mulab

Therefore it must be coming more on the forefront that there is a modular editor inside for soundconstructing
A advertising slogan for MUlab is : MAKE YOUR OWN SOUND AND EFFECT IN MULAB :o
I am sure that this is good selling point..so Mutools focus on that.
One big new knob MODULAR MuX EDITOR in front of program..no 2 knobs : session modulair aerea and the Mux modular editor.
There is room enough for the buttons

If there is a focus on a instrument than you can go directly to the deep editor

You must attract the attention of people.
mutools
KVRAF
 
5597 posts since 24 Jun, 2008, from Europe

Postby mutools; Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:28 am

janamdo wrote:Because the modular Engine is hidden under the hood
That is because Mutools is too modest to show what's under the hood of Mulab
Therefore it must be coming more on the forefront that there is a modular editor inside for soundconstructing


I regard the M4 Intro Movie as the most public intro to MuLab.
Half of that movie talks about the modular aspects.
I think that's a good proportion.

One big new knob MODULAR MuX EDITOR in front of program..no 2 knobs : session modulair aerea and the Mux modular editor.


Coincidentally that's in the pipeline: The SMA becomes a MuX.

You must attract the attention of people.


I do my best. Not always easy, it seems.
> DiGiT <
Banned

Postby > DiGiT <; Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:10 am

a tutorial on you tube in spoken english would be very helpful. as it is, you need to read very quickly to get general ideas from the intro. many tutorials that explain different parts in detail is what others have. i think mulab needs to meet the customer a little further out there rather than relying on them to figure it out themselves. oh and more more more visual feedback in the program its self.
> DiGiT <
Banned

Postby > DiGiT <; Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:21 pm

i apologize if that sounds harsh.
janamdo
KVRian
 
732 posts since 25 Oct, 2008, from Holland

Postby janamdo; Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:38 am

> DiGiT < wrote:i apologize if that sounds harsh.


No Problem i think Jo is appreciate this :D , realize that you give positive feedback for getting Mulab better.

It is very strange that Mulab is not praised for his modular features in this ranking and the product video for Mulab has no relevance..seems to be.

> DiGiT < wrote:i think mulab needs to meet the customer a little further out there rather than relying on them to figure it out themselves. oh and more more more visual feedback in the program its self.


Yes that is a good point, it is a combination of visuals and spoken text or only text
It is like selling something on a market!

Moderators: mutools, muzycian

Return to MUTOOLS