town of cats ...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

town of cats

fls
dim pro
reaktor
kontakt
eos
augustus loop

320kpbs / 6.56mn / 15.8mb

Fantastic tune. The sounds on here are so smooth. The bass, trumpet and piano generate a sad, melancholy atmosphere, that made me think of many movies where the main character drives aimlessly through the deserted streets of a city on a rainy night (in slowmo) after discovering that his wife has left him, or some similar personal tragedy.

Love the processed glitchy bits as well.

Nice work :tu:

Awesomely tasty piece normal. One of my favourite explorations is that zone where ambient jazzscape meets glitch. Executed with great finesse. 8)
Image Image

Great feel to this atmosphere. Verbs are particularly on the money.
Could see it working as a close for the track Miles Davis - Yesternow or the end of Alice Coltrane's - 'Journey to Satchidananda' lp.
Sorta fits in with the 'spiritual jazz scene of the late 60's early '70's as in Coltrane, Joe Henderson, Larry Young, Pharaoh Sanders.

It's a keeper. :)
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

wow. This is really good. Love the dynamics and kind of tense restraint. Excellent stuff, I like this kind of music.

Wonderful. Sounds, atmosphere, space...just wonderful. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

No Choice, Must Dream.

goosebumps. :love:

thanks to everyone that had a listen , and took a few moments to comment ...
i appreciate it ...
seismic1 wrote:Fantastic tune. The sounds on here are so smooth. The bass, trumpet and piano generate a sad, melancholy atmosphere, that made me think of many movies where the main character drives aimlessly through the deserted streets of a city on a rainy night
(in slowmo) after discovering that his wife has left him , or some similar personal tragedy.

not far off , at all ...
the track is based on my impressions of a mythical short story , a plotting device , utilized by murakami , in 'IQ84' ...
the entire short story can be found , in the new yorker , online , here ...

nice

At work so can't listen now but will give it a spin later

normal wrote:thanks to everyone that had a listen , and took a few moments to comment ...
i appreciate it ...
seismic1 wrote:Fantastic tune. The sounds on here are so smooth. The bass, trumpet and piano generate a sad, melancholy atmosphere, that made me think of many movies where the main character drives aimlessly through the deserted streets of a city on a rainy night
(in slowmo) after discovering that his wife has left him , or some similar personal tragedy.

not far off , at all ...
the track is based on my impressions of a mythical short story , a plotting device , utilized by murakami , in 'IQ84' ...
the entire short story can be found , in the new yorker , online , here ...
Just reads the story. Quite entertaining. I feel that the "town of cats" part could have been taken further. That creeped me out!

Put me in mind of something around the Swordfishtrombones era of Tom Waits a little.

Interesting story - I think you captured it in a unique way and hit just the right amount of melancholy.

Heavy brooding atmosphere. Those glitchy bits just seem to underline it. Very clever work. Thanks for sharing.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Great work Norm; a keeper.

Simply beautiful. Thanks for sharing. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”