Field Of Dreams (ElectroProg - Seismic Shakedown)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Originally recorded over 10 hours in April 2010, The March 2012 remix took 14 hours. Both the original recording session and the remix session were beset by procedural problems, and technical problems were encountered during the remix, particularly with Waldorf Wave 2.V

On the plus side, I got to use a new Toy

EDIT:20150419 mp3 link deleted

on SoundCloud at 320Kbps

http://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/field-of-dreams

EDIT:20150419 updated kitlist after 2015 remix

Recorded in EnergyXT2.5.2/Remixed in EnergyXT2.6/EnergyXT2.7
Rez V2.0
Microtrance
Native Instruments Pro-53
CM SR-202
Dream Sequencer 2
Drumatic 3
PPG Wave 2.V
IDJ 2-OSC VA 1.2
EnergyXT Synthesizer
Breeze
REFLEX Free V1.1
T-Racks EQ PG
Satin
T-Racks Linear Phase EQ
T-Racks Opto Compressor
T-Racks Vintage Equalizer
T-Racks Brickwall Limiter

DR - 10
Last edited by seismic1 on Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Very nice Tim! Lots of interesting details in the arrangement, and aside from a couple of resonant chirps (noted on SC) it all sounded lovely as usual in the cans.
Image Image

8) 8)

nice beats again. i like how the 80s bass fits in there too

this might have been a depeche mode tune in the late 90s

Hi,
this perfomance style - the most successful genre in your music :)
Music - is my life

polyslax wrote:Very nice Tim! Lots of interesting details in the arrangement, and aside from a couple of resonant chirps (noted on SC) it all sounded lovely as usual in the cans.
Thanks for listening and commenting, Matt. Glad you liked it :)

I'll take a listen to that arp later in the week. I tried a new mastering setup on this one, but I think any problem was probably due to the mix.

kcisANDderit wrote:8) 8)

nice beats again. i like how the 80s bass fits in there too

this might have been a depeche mode tune in the late 90s
Thanks very much for listening and the comments. Glad you enjoyed this.

DM were a great band and Ultra is probably my favourite album by them, so your comparison is very much appreciated, albeit undeserved :love:

seismic1 wrote:DM were a great band...
are a great band :)

this thing is loaded with twists and turns. i don't know whether that was your intention, or my ear; but it's great stuff!

if you were to add some vocals; would it be 'dark, like depeche mode', or something 'happier'?

excellent tune. quite a journey, full of detail and constantly intriguing.
me like :tu:

neil.

I especially liked the beginning, but I enjoyed the whole thing. Thank you.
No longer a moderator.

Just had a listen, enjoyed it. Even though it didn't change all that much I didn't find it boring or anything. Nice one!
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

djOrloff wrote:Hi,
this perfomance style - the most successful genre in your music :)

Thanks very much for listening and commenting, djOrloff. Glad you liked it :)

Good work, Tim :tu:
Great chord progression, lovely sound choices and a really driving beat. Definitely has a DM vibe, too - which of course is a Good Thing :D

T-Racks is sounding good here - I tried it out myself a few years ago but couldn't get the hang of it - sounds like you have... 8)

kcisANDderit wrote:
seismic1 wrote:DM were a great band...
are a great band :)
We've been here before, I think. Please forgive my parapraxis :)

Did you read the Jonathan Miller Biography?

mrblitz wrote:this thing is loaded with twists and turns. i don't know whether that was your intention, or my ear; but it's great stuff!

if you were to add some vocals; would it be 'dark, like depeche mode', or something 'happier'?
Thanks very much for listening, mrblitz. Glad you liked it.

I had the chord layers sorted out 2 years ago. With the remix I decided to focus on fattening up the sound, by varying the bassline and tweaking the percussion. Finally, I wanted a little more harmonic interest so I added the quiet Wave 2.V lead line which sat quite well with the chords.

I never really gave any thought to vocals, but I think a darker style would better suit the music. This would probably apply to most of my tracks.

Return to “Music Cafe”