Help Odo to relocate his VST creations (OdoSynths) - FOUND!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EDIT: We got them! You can now find all the plugins here

Many thanks to Odo! (..and welcome back! :hug:)

Original post:
Hello everyone,

Odo popped-up on the forum yesterday after a very long absence. He mentioned that he has some samples to share, but that he won't be returning to VST development for now.

Due to a catastrophic data loss in 2009, Odo no longer has copies of his own instruments. Through PM I've offered to help him track these down, and I hope the result will be a new page to host these wonderful instruments. I need your help.

Looking at the Odosynths list, I have found copies of them all except the following list. I checked web archive/waybackmachine and VST4free.com.

Could I ask the regular/oldies here to check their VST archives to see if they have copies of these and let me know by PM.

Here's what we're still looking for:
Edit: Found :)

These synths are very unique IMO and deserve to be preserved and made widely available. If you haven't used Odo's synths before then you are in for a treat.

Kind thanks in advance!
stim[/u]
Last edited by stimresp on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

awesome! i'll check my vst folder when i come home.
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

PM sent ;)

eidenk wrote:PM sent ;)
Wow - you really came through there! The full set - Odo will be pleased :)

Thanks so much. PM'd.

:hug:

How bizarre, I had the exact same conversation with Marc yesterday to :)

I donated for all Marc's plugins, and have most of the ones on your list - I'll get my backup hard drive out as soon as I can.

i have quite a few more,too.
i'll pm you.

Well this is marvellous. I've had several kind offers - thank you all very much.
:tu:

eidenk has come through and provided what looks like the whole archive, with all the versions and preset banks. 8)

I'll pass these on to Odo and see if we can get them hosted somewhere.

Testing them out, I had forgotten how gorgeous Odo's GUIs are. I've really been looking forward to trying Six, Purple, Dr. Fusion and LiveTweaker again.

Plenty of one-synth challenge contenders here.

:)

OK then I got the all clear from Marc (Odo) to share the link to the archive.

Here it is - (EDIT: see first post for link.)

There is a 10Gb bandwidth limit per day. Should be enough for 50 downloads. I will post a dedicated link later, at Marc's discretion.

There are many gems in here - a big thanks to Odo for sharing his treasure with us. Enjoy!

Thanks also to Dom and Spacedad for raiding their stores. Major props guys!

:)
Last edited by stimresp on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.

This is truly amazing. Thank you stimresp and Odo. I've been hoping, one day, to be able to try out Odo's FM synths, they've been something of a "Holy Grail" kind of thing for me since I discovered that they weren't available. I came too late to the VST party to get them first time around. Made my day :D
If a site gets set up and donations are required count me in.

Hi Odo. We miss you.

All the best to you, Odo!
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

This is awesome. Some top stuff revived. :tu:

Maybe Xenos, Lotuzia, and others will have a peak at DoubleSix XL.
Just for the fun of it. :)

Glad to see Marc is still alive. I know many were worried. He was always one of the more talented SynthEdit developers and his GUIs were always top notch. :tu:

Thank you all so much. I had been looking for some of these for quite a while, and to be able to grab the whole bunch of them in one fell swoop is nothing short of amazing.

Return to “Instruments”