Login / Register  0 items | $0.00New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

60s Skins for Tyrell ... only a remix so far

Official support for: u-he.com

Moderator: u-he Mods

bluemoonone
KVRer
 
9 posts since 11 Apr, 2008

Postby bluemoonone; Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:14 pm 60s Skins for Tyrell ... only a remix so far

Hello,

i like Tyrell and things u-he presents - not just the product itself, also the service or/and things like integrated editor. Me, who like to work with both audio and graphics, realy welcome this feature!

First i looked for another skin i think the GUI made Branis was the first i liked and used well.

Have only made some small expierence with GUI work yet. But i thought i would give tyrell a try. I liked also the GUI made by braj and picked this up maybe cause it had already the orange line on that knobs - havn't found a way / product to create those knobs automatically.

Here is preview of one my small editions - from the GUI made/based by Branis & braj. Not finished but don't want do a complete rework..

Image

I | dark wood




Image

II | grey wood







Made some small changes. Also added a dot for the brown noise even if i'm not sure if this is correct.

Hope once i got full permission and i would upload you might like to use one* of my Remix GUI!?

* Made some small variations with the wood.


Constructive criticism is welcome.




:wheee:

Update:

Ok here is the first release.

bittersweet & lavender

Image

bittersweet & lavender (Preview)

bittersweet & lavender (Data)





Greets bluemoon
Last edited by bluemoonone on Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.
hebb
KVRist
 
119 posts since 5 Apr, 2011

Postby hebb; Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:33 pm

Post a bigger screenshot, it's too small - ex. upload it somewhere and post a link.
bluemoonone
KVRer
 
9 posts since 11 Apr, 2008

Postby bluemoonone; Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:43 pm

Yes you should see at 100% - the (big) image is included but get resized by the forumsoftware. However i added a link (and another image).

Greets bluemoon
Polybius
KVRian
 
527 posts since 12 Dec, 2007, from Belgium

Postby Polybius; Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:11 pm

If you drag the image into your adres bar you get a 100% view.

Very nice work! I haven't tried it yet, but this could be a perfect alternative to the 70's skin. Like it a lot!
bluemoonone
KVRer
 
9 posts since 11 Apr, 2008

Postby bluemoonone; Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:53 am

Thanks Polybius,

the links should work now.

Would like to release it soon but waiting for permission. If i found a knobmaker i think i'm gonna rework them. And i've you have an idea for improvements i like to hear them. I don't gonna make promises that i'll make big improvements with this GUI. Even if i'm very interesting on completly replace all panels - want more space. But don't no know how much work it would be.

Greets,
bluemoon
User avatar
nBeat
KVRian
 
923 posts since 14 Oct, 2002, from Sweden

Postby nBeat; Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:56 am

bluemoonone wrote:If i found a knobmaker i think i'm gonna rework them.
Skinning Tools:
KnobMan
SkinMan
+ a decent graphics editor (PhotoShop, PaintShop etc.)
bluemoonone wrote:Even if i'm very interesting on completly replace all panels - want more space. But don't no know how much work it would be.
I'd wait for Urs' new resize algorithm.
And yeah, it'll be some work. :wink:
Image
hebb
KVRist
 
119 posts since 5 Apr, 2011

Postby hebb; Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:17 am

I like the colors in both interfaces and the wood textures. I just don't like the Tyrell logo. It's a bad font for my taste, I guess (and I don't think you need to put the "v2" beside - just my opinion).

On your first interface I can hardly read the "chorus" at the bottom.

And if I had a choice I'd probably remove that quote (maybe you could make a version without it).
User avatar
1-2-Many
KVRAF
 
2976 posts since 22 Feb, 2004, from Planet Earth...for now

Postby 1-2-Many; Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:40 am

bluemoonone wrote:Hello,

i like Tyrell and things u-he presents - not just the product itself, also the service or/and things like integrated editor. Me, who like to work with both audio and graphics, realy welcome this feature!

First i looked for another skin i think the GUI made Branis was the first i liked and used well.

Have only made some small expierence with GUI work yet. But i thought i would give tyrell a try. I liked also the GUI made by braj and picked this up maybe cause it had already the orange line on that knobs - havn't found a way / product to create those knobs automatically.

Here is preview of one my small editions - from the GUI made/based by Branis & braj. Not finished but don't want do a complete rework..

Image

I | dark wood




Image

II | grey wood





Made some small changes. Also added a dot for the brown noise even if i'm not sure if this is correct.

Hope once i got full permission and i would upload you might like to use one* of my Remix GUI!?

* Made some small variations with the wood.


Constructive criticism is welcome.

Greets bluemoon
Both your links go to Darkwood - fixed in my quote ;)

+1 on everything hebb just said, and I'd add that it's be nice it the knobs popped a little more against the dark background - maybe lighten that background a tad?
audiojunkie
KVRAF
 
2686 posts since 18 Apr, 2002, from Ogden, UT

Postby audiojunkie; Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:46 am

Cool! Thanks!!!

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.
bluemoonone
KVRer
 
9 posts since 11 Apr, 2008

Postby bluemoonone; Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:07 pm

Thanks to all for your feedback and help.

nBeat wrote:
bluemoonone wrote:If i found a knobmaker i think i'm gonna rework them.
Skinning Tools:
KnobMan
SkinMan
+ a decent graphics editor (PhotoShop, PaintShop etc.)
bluemoonone wrote:Even if i'm very interesting on completly replace all panels - want more space. But don't no know how much work it would be.
I'd wait for Urs' new resize algorithm.
And yeah, it'll be some work. :wink:

I'll check out Knob Man. Where can i get more information about the new algorithm? when will it be released. I rearranged the whole panels now except of the "preset panel". It was not fun as some objects that are linked with each others.. it is/was like playing extended memory :hihi:
But first of all (if i would make complete GUI Rework) i have to know how to get a bigger editor screen.

hebb wrote:I like the colors in both interfaces and the wood textures. I just don't like the Tyrell logo. It's a bad font for my taste, I guess (and I don't think you need to put the "v2" beside - just my opinion).

On your first interface I can hardly read the "chorus" at the bottom.

And if I had a choice I'd probably remove that quote (maybe you could make a version without it).

Ok. I nearly lost Version 1 but i could try to recreate it (only Panelcoloring is missing).

Yes Logo for tyrell was bad - hope now it's better. Chorus was bad to read - would fix it..
Hm not sure about removing that quote.

1-2-Many wrote:+1 on everything hebb just said, and I'd add that it's be nice it the knobs popped a little more against the dark background - maybe lighten that background a tad?

It's on the update list - i think 'll make them as bright as the faders.
Oh and i fixed the link - and thanks for fullquote* :hihi:

audiojunkie wrote:Cool! Thanks!!!

--Sean


Thanks for what?


Greets,
bluemoon


* just kidding
bluemoonone
KVRer
 
9 posts since 11 Apr, 2008

Postby bluemoonone; Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:18 pm

Update:

Ok here is the first release.

bittersweet & lavender

Image

bittersweet & lavender (Preview)

bittersweet & lavender (Data)





Greets bluemoon

Moderator: u-he Mods

Return to u-he