What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

60s Skins for Tyrell ... only a remix so far

Official support for: u-he.com

Moderator: Urs

KVRer

9 posts since 11 Apr, 2008

Postby bluemoonone; Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:14 pm

Hello,

i like Tyrell and things u-he presents - not just the product itself, also the service or/and things like integrated editor. Me, who like to work with both audio and graphics, realy welcome this feature!

First i looked for another skin i think the GUI made Branis was the first i liked and used well.

Have only made some small expierence with GUI work yet. But i thought i would give tyrell a try. I liked also the GUI made by braj and picked this up maybe cause it had already the orange line on that knobs - havn't found a way / product to create those knobs automatically.

Here is preview of one my small editions - from the GUI made/based by Branis & braj. Not finished but don't want do a complete rework..

I | dark wood

II | grey wood

Made some small changes. Also added a dot for the brown noise even if i'm not sure if this is correct.

Hope once i got full permission and i would upload you might like to use one* of my Remix GUI!?

* Made some small variations with the wood.

Constructive criticism is welcome.

:wheee:

Update:

Ok here is the first release.

bittersweet & lavender

bittersweet & lavender (Preview)

bittersweet & lavender (Data)

Greets bluemoon
Last edited by bluemoonone on Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.
KVRist

105 posts since 5 Apr, 2011

Postby hebb; Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:33 pm

Post a bigger screenshot, it's too small - ex. upload it somewhere and post a link.
KVRer

Postby bluemoonone; Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:43 pm

Yes you should see at 100% - the (big) image is included but get resized by the forumsoftware. However i added a link (and another image).

Greets bluemoon
KVRian

527 posts since 12 Dec, 2007, from Belgium

Postby Polybius; Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:11 pm

If you drag the image into your adres bar you get a 100% view.

Very nice work! I haven't tried it yet, but this could be a perfect alternative to the 70's skin. Like it a lot!
KVRer

Postby bluemoonone; Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:53 am

Thanks Polybius,

the links should work now.

Would like to release it soon but waiting for permission. If i found a knobmaker i think i'm gonna rework them. And i've you have an idea for improvements i like to hear them. I don't gonna make promises that i'll make big improvements with this GUI. Even if i'm very interesting on completly replace all panels - want more space. But don't no know how much work it would be.

Greets,
bluemoon
KVRian

905 posts since 14 Oct, 2002, from Sweden

Postby nBeat; Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:56 am

bluemoonone wrote:If i found a knobmaker i think i'm gonna rework them.
Skinning Tools:
KnobMan
SkinMan
+ a decent graphics editor (PhotoShop, PaintShop etc.)
bluemoonone wrote:Even if i'm very interesting on completly replace all panels - want more space. But don't no know how much work it would be.
I'd wait for Urs' new resize algorithm.
And yeah, it'll be some work. :wink:
KVRist

105 posts since 5 Apr, 2011

Postby hebb; Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:17 am

I like the colors in both interfaces and the wood textures. I just don't like the Tyrell logo. It's a bad font for my taste, I guess (and I don't think you need to put the "v2" beside - just my opinion).

On your first interface I can hardly read the "chorus" at the bottom.

And if I had a choice I'd probably remove that quote (maybe you could make a version without it).
KVRAF

2971 posts since 22 Feb, 2004, from Planet Earth...for now

Postby 1-2-Many; Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:40 am

bluemoonone wrote:Hello,

i like Tyrell and things u-he presents - not just the product itself, also the service or/and things like integrated editor. Me, who like to work with both audio and graphics, realy welcome this feature!

First i looked for another skin i think the GUI made Branis was the first i liked and used well.

Have only made some small expierence with GUI work yet. But i thought i would give tyrell a try. I liked also the GUI made by braj and picked this up maybe cause it had already the orange line on that knobs - havn't found a way / product to create those knobs automatically.

Here is preview of one my small editions - from the GUI made/based by Branis & braj. Not finished but don't want do a complete rework..

I | dark wood

II | grey wood

Made some small changes. Also added a dot for the brown noise even if i'm not sure if this is correct.

Hope once i got full permission and i would upload you might like to use one* of my Remix GUI!?

* Made some small variations with the wood.

Constructive criticism is welcome.

Greets bluemoon
Both your links go to Darkwood - fixed in my quote ;)

+1 on everything hebb just said, and I'd add that it's be nice it the knobs popped a little more against the dark background - maybe lighten that background a tad?
KVRAF

2667 posts since 18 Apr, 2002, from Ogden, UT

Postby audiojunkie; Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:46 am

Cool! Thanks!!!

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.
KVRer

Postby bluemoonone; Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:07 pm

Thanks to all for your feedback and help.

nBeat wrote:
bluemoonone wrote:If i found a knobmaker i think i'm gonna rework them.
Skinning Tools:
KnobMan
SkinMan
+ a decent graphics editor (PhotoShop, PaintShop etc.)
bluemoonone wrote:Even if i'm very interesting on completly replace all panels - want more space. But don't no know how much work it would be.
I'd wait for Urs' new resize algorithm.
And yeah, it'll be some work. :wink:

I'll check out Knob Man. Where can i get more information about the new algorithm? when will it be released. I rearranged the whole panels now except of the "preset panel". It was not fun as some objects that are linked with each others.. it is/was like playing extended memory :hihi:
But first of all (if i would make complete GUI Rework) i have to know how to get a bigger editor screen.

hebb wrote:I like the colors in both interfaces and the wood textures. I just don't like the Tyrell logo. It's a bad font for my taste, I guess (and I don't think you need to put the "v2" beside - just my opinion).

On your first interface I can hardly read the "chorus" at the bottom.

And if I had a choice I'd probably remove that quote (maybe you could make a version without it).

Ok. I nearly lost Version 1 but i could try to recreate it (only Panelcoloring is missing).

Yes Logo for tyrell was bad - hope now it's better. Chorus was bad to read - would fix it..
Hm not sure about removing that quote.

1-2-Many wrote:+1 on everything hebb just said, and I'd add that it's be nice it the knobs popped a little more against the dark background - maybe lighten that background a tad?

It's on the update list - i think 'll make them as bright as the faders.
Oh and i fixed the link - and thanks for fullquote* :hihi:

audiojunkie wrote:Cool! Thanks!!!

--Sean

Thanks for what?

Greets,
bluemoon

* just kidding
KVRer

Postby bluemoonone; Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:18 pm

Update:

Ok here is the first release.