soniccouture EP73

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.soniccouture.com/en/products ... nstructed/

In my never ending search I came up on this. Something things sounds perfect.......but! Would someone please listen to the cuts

crunchy mallet
phase mallets 2
Stage 73-3
Stage 73-4

And tell me if I'm being too picky when hear the "samples" too much? God, the rest of it sounds DREAMY, but I listen to these and think sounds like 99.9% of sampled bass.
Last edited by hibidy on Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think you are right. I hear it too. The samples are very crisp. To my ears they are too much so. I suppose it could be tamed with EQ, but that isn't a library I would be interested in. Just my taste.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

Kinda what I'm getting at is the bass notes.

But then I hear some of the other examples and it's like super dream..........sigh. Being a customer I can get it at an introductory price.

I have the "neo soul" .... eh
I have all the kontakt stuff, meh to eh

acoustic samples came out with one recently that requires a fracking ilok :x

Any idea how this differs from their (excellent) Broken Wurli?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Rhodes vs. Wurlitzer

DELETED

Rhodes stage piano sounds are often processed with an amp - eg Fender Twin or Roland JC120. The SC Rhodes comes with amp sims (using Kontakt) and since you have guitar sims you can mess with it all you like. There are a bunch of other articulations used in the demos - plucking, hitting the tines with mallets etc. You might be reacting to some of those.

Still though guys, those examples I mentioned scare me. I can hear that they are samples a little too easy in the low end. The doesn't mean I'm not going to get it though :lol:

hibidy wrote:God, the rest of it sounds DREAMY, but I listen to these and think sounds like 99.9% of sampled bass.
"Angela" and "Haunted Music Box" are perfection. I'm buying it.

Uncle E wrote:
hibidy wrote:
"Angela" and "Haunted Music Box" are perfection. I'm buying it.
Well, I guess that settles it :hihi:

Do you really think samples are the way to go with this? There are a number of modeled synths for EP's that seem very good. I don't actually have one to give you a full comparison, but the demos I've heard make them sound very good. If I were looking at this point, I would give that approach due consideration.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

I'm more than happy to debate it :D

I'm not a huge lounge lizard fan. Then again, that's just it. When it come to hammon/rhodes I been searching since the middle ages and I never feel I have it.

hibidy wrote:I'm more than happy to debate it :D

I'm not a huge lounge lizard fan. Then again, that's just it. When it come to hammon/rhodes I been searching since the middle ages and I never feel I have it.
I had Emagic's electric piano sim as a Logic plugin back in the day and quite liked it but would often run the same MIDI track through Scarbee's Rhodes and Wurlitzer samples for a final version. Lounge Lizard I don't bother with these days. Definitely prefer the results with the samples - Scarbee had a pretty useful multiFX plugin with amp sim programmed by the guys who did the Overloud stuff (I think). The built-in amp sims and FX in K4 are doing a pretty good job these days on these tasks.

JJBiener wrote:Do you really think samples are the way to go with this? There are a number of modeled synths for EP's that seem very good. I don't actually have one to give you a full comparison, but the demos I've heard make them sound very good. If I were looking at this point, I would give that approach due consideration.
i've had a rhodes for a long time (and played a ton of wurli's). if I'm going to play a software version, I opt for samples myself. I don't really think the physical modeling EPs sound very realistic at all. BTW this thread is making me wish I hadn't sold my rhodes recently. :(
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

michael2 wrote:i've had a rhodes for a long time (and played a ton of wurli's). if I'm going to play a software version, I opt for samples myself. I don't really think the physical modeling EPs sound very realistic at all. BTW this thread is making me wish I hadn't sold my rhodes recently. :(
What do you think of Arturia's new Wurlitzer V? How about Pianoteq?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”