What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Wave Designer 0.3.10 / Customer Discounts / Tone2 Crossgrades Available

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

As a producer, sound designer and/or musician, would this application be useful in your current workflow or creative process?

Yes
151
83%
No
31
17%
 
Total votes : 182
DNR Collaborative
KVRian
 
657 posts since 23 May, 2011

Postby DNR Collaborative; Tue May 15, 2012 7:02 am Wave Designer 0.3.10 / Customer Discounts / Tone2 Crossgrades Available

We're working on a project right now that is still in development, but is far enough along where we can post some information about it. The project's working name is now "Wave Designer", as you can see from the images below, which is a single-cycle waveform creation utility which allows the user to create waveforms, audition them with the MIDI keyboard, and then export them to a 2048 sample .wav file for use in software synthesizers which support such a format (Alchemy, Helix, etc).

Wave Designer Project Page

Currently it allows for the creation of waveforms via a function editor panel, but as you can see from the screenshots, there is actually plans to include a node-editing system as well, for those who are not interested in inputting formulas.

Image

You can also see that it has some exposable basic synthesizer controls to allow you to use it as a raw waveform synthesizer in your VST host. Currently there is Amplifier and Filter envelopes, as well as a simple filter system. Master volume control will also be included (not shown).

This project will indeed be free for the previous 2-year subscribers, as well as the Developer's license holders of the Sound Repository.

Below you will find a list of current suggestions and format support requests. More info will be posted as I receive it. Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Suggested Formats:
- Vember Surge
- Wusikstation V7
- NI Absynth
- U-he Zebra
- Gladiator
- SynthMaster
- Helix
- Alchemy
- Rapture
- Circle
- Discovery
- Corona
- Rhino
- Harmor
- Toxic
- ElectraX
- Blofeld
- PPG 3.V
- Piston Honda
- Shruthi1

Suggested Features:
- Random Waveform Generation
- Extreme Waveform Generation
- Additive sliders to create overtones/organ cycles
- Vocal/Voice cycle presets
- Time domain mirroring/shifting/flipping
- Ability to "distort" a clean wave by some amount
- Morphing Waveforms
- Hand drawing
- Import Waveforms
- Multisamples
- Batch Operations
- Soundfont Export
- Extract from audio file
- Harmonic range meter
- Custom sample length
- SFZ Export
- Snap to grid drawing
- Analysis and resynthesis
- Export to Discovery Pro/Corona DWB
- Additional 'view' options
- Partial editing
- Spectral blur
- FM
- Contract/expand



Steven
Last edited by DNR Collaborative on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:30 pm, edited 32 times in total.
audington
KVRian
 
922 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Opinions stated are my own and do not reflect those of my company.

Postby audington; Tue May 15, 2012 7:15 am

Stick a 'generate random waveform' button on there and you're on to a winner!
User avatar
PietW.
KVRian
 
636 posts since 6 May, 2010, from Munich, Germany

Postby PietW.; Tue May 15, 2012 7:34 am

DNR Collaborative wrote:Hi There,

We're working on a project right now that is still in development, but is far enough along where we can post some information about it. The project's working name is "WaveShaper", as you can see from the iamges below, but unfortunately it is a bit misleading because it is not a waveshaping effect, but rather a single-cycle waveform creation utility which allows the user to create waveforms, audition them with the MIDI keyboard, and then export them to a 2048 sample .wav file for use in software synthesizers which support such a format (Alchemy, Helix, etc). WaveBuilder is probably a more accurate name for it, and may end up the final name, but we'll see.

Currently it allows for the creation of waveforms via a function editor panel, but as you can see from the screenshots, there is actually plans to include a node-editing system as well, for those who are not interested in inputting formulas.


Image

You can also see that it has some exposable basic synthesizer controls to allow you to use it as a raw waveform synthesizer in your VST host. Currently there is Amplifier and Filter envelopes, as well as a simple filter system. Master volume control will also be included (not shown).

Image

More info will be posted as I receive it. Feedback and suggestions are welcome :)


Steven


:tu:
LeVzi
KVRAF
 
1715 posts since 7 Jul, 2008, from Cardiff, Wales, UK

Postby LeVzi; Tue May 15, 2012 7:47 am

+1 for randomize waveform, and the addition of a create insane waveform ;) lol
DNR Collaborative
KVRian
 
657 posts since 23 May, 2011

Postby DNR Collaborative; Tue May 15, 2012 7:47 am

audington wrote:Stick a 'generate random waveform' button on there and you're on to a winner!


Sounds like a useful feature to me. I'll compile some of the suggestions here and make sure they are looked over :)


Steven
DNR Collaborative
KVRian
 
657 posts since 23 May, 2011

Postby DNR Collaborative; Tue May 15, 2012 8:24 am

LeVzi wrote:+1 for randomize waveform, and the addition of a create insane waveform ;) lol


I'm not 100% sure about the 'create insane waveform' button, but I imagine it would be something that could be looked into :)


Steven
DNR Collaborative
KVRian
 
657 posts since 23 May, 2011

Postby DNR Collaborative; Tue May 15, 2012 9:53 am

Just to also clarify, currently the export format will be a 2048 sample cycle, but we are also interested in other formats that designers/users would like to export to. We crrently only have Camel Audio's Alchemy on the list, but are also looking into other formats. If anyone has a specific format that is required, please do let us know.


Steven
User avatar
PietW.
KVRian
 
636 posts since 6 May, 2010, from Munich, Germany

Postby PietW.; Tue May 15, 2012 10:19 am

DNR Collaborative wrote:Just to also clarify, currently the export format will be a 2048 sample cycle, but we are also interested in other formats that designers/users would like to export to. We crrently only have Camel Audio's Alchemy on the list, but are also looking into other formats. If anyone has a specific format that is required, please do let us know.


Steven


The format for Absynth would be nice. I believe these are 1024 samples.
DNR Collaborative
KVRian
 
657 posts since 23 May, 2011

Postby DNR Collaborative; Tue May 15, 2012 10:33 am

PietW. wrote:
DNR Collaborative wrote:Just to also clarify, currently the export format will be a 2048 sample cycle, but we are also interested in other formats that designers/users would like to export to. We crrently only have Camel Audio's Alchemy on the list, but are also looking into other formats. If anyone has a specific format that is required, please do let us know.


Steven


The format for Absynth would be nice. I believe these are 1024 samples.


And the Absynth format is still .wav, just shortened to 1024 samples?


Steven
larm
KVRian
 
746 posts since 28 Oct, 2004

Postby larm; Tue May 15, 2012 10:37 am

Ideas
- Additive sliders to create overtones/organ cycles
- Vocal/Voice cycle presets

Pre/Post-waveform-"FX"-section
- Time domain mirroring/shifting/flipping
- Ability to "distort" a clean wave by some amount
DNR Collaborative
KVRian
 
657 posts since 23 May, 2011

Postby DNR Collaborative; Tue May 15, 2012 10:55 am

larm wrote:- Additive sliders to create overtones/organ cycles
- Vocal/Voice cycle presets


Noted :)

larm wrote:Pre/Post-waveform-"FX"-section
- Time domain mirroring/shifting/flipping
- Ability to "distort" a clean wave by some amount


I'm not entirely sure what the first one even is, but I know that an FX section had been discussed. In any case, I'll make sure to include all of these requests :)


Steven
jowen
KVRist
 
50 posts since 16 Jun, 2009

Postby jowen; Tue May 15, 2012 11:09 am

Like to see something like a morph generation:

You have a start wave and a end wave and you could select how many steps should be generated between to get something like a wave table.
Example:
1 is the start wave and 128 the end wave with 126 steps between that were generated.

jowen
DiNFeVo
KVRist
 
56 posts since 6 Dec, 2003

Postby DiNFeVo; Tue May 15, 2012 11:10 am

* Hand drawing
* Glue two waveforms, ie. half sine + half saw
ChiTown24
KVRian
 
757 posts since 8 Jan, 2012

Postby ChiTown24; Tue May 15, 2012 11:28 am

formats to work with;;

Alchemy already mentioned

Cakewalk Rapture (i think it uses plain .wavs?)

Vember Audio Surge
up to 1024
file extension .WT (or .wav for windows users)

FAW Circle
2048 (not sure if its fixed length)
file extension .WDF

U-He Zebra
2048 (if im not mistaken it creates a wavetable a size of 16 cycles with a length of 128 samples each adding up to a total of 2048, or is it a wavtable of 8 cycles of 128 adding up to 1024 ?)
file extension .h2p


would be great to be able to import/export from the various wavecycle/table formats.

decent batch operation of any import/export functions would be great

customizable naming conventions for output files
(so i could export for example 3 octaves of individual wavecycles named by note, or number, with perhaps a custom prefix or two)

ability to output (collections of) wavecycles as soundfonts too

ability to import an audio file of any length, and have the application automatically/randomly select a designated number of wavecycles

ability to import an audio file of any length and scrub through it with a fixed window size of 2048 or 1024 etc to find desirable wavecycles


will post more ideas later :)

and osx compatibility of course! :)
User avatar
PietW.
KVRian
 
636 posts since 6 May, 2010, from Munich, Germany

Postby PietW.; Tue May 15, 2012 11:39 am

DNR Collaborative wrote:
PietW. wrote:
DNR Collaborative wrote:Just to also clarify, currently the export format will be a 2048 sample cycle, but we are also interested in other formats that designers/users would like to export to. We crrently only have Camel Audio's Alchemy on the list, but are also looking into other formats. If anyone has a specific format that is required, please do let us know.


Steven


The format for Absynth would be nice. I believe these are 1024 samples.


And the Absynth format is still .wav, just shortened to 1024 samples?


Steven


Hi Steven,

Absynth5 supports the WAV format (1024 samples) and the gly-format.

best regards

Piet
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments