What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Cubase 6 vs Ableton Live 8 vs FL Studio 10

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Cubase 6 vs Ableton Live 8 vs FL Studio 10

Cubase 6
39
58%
Ableton Live 8
28
42%
 
Total votes : 67
Farjad
KVRer
 
20 posts since 4 Apr, 2008, from Persia

Postby Farjad; Sat May 19, 2012 10:03 pm Cubase 6 vs Ableton Live 8 vs FL Studio 10

Hi Everyone
I Know It's a Clumsy Question But I'm Going To Buy Cubase 6 And I'm Gonna Be Sure Of It.
I'm Working With Cubase Since SX3 Came Out And I Like It But Both Ableton Live 8 And FL10 Seems Really Creative.
Mainly I'm Working On Electronic, RnB And Hip-Hop Genres. So What Do You Think?

Which One U Prefer? Let Me Hear Your Reasons :X
ghettosynth
KVRAF
 
4036 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Sat May 19, 2012 10:55 pm

Farjad wrote:Hi Everyone
I Know It's a Clumsy Question But I'm Going To Buy Cubase 6 And I'm Gonna Be Sure Of It.
I'm Working With Cubase Since SX3 Came Out And I Like It But Both Ableton Live 8 And FL10 Seems Really Creative.
Mainly I'm Working On Electronic, RnB And Hip-Hop Genres. So What Do You Think?

Which One U Prefer? Let Me Hear Your Reasons :X


How do you work? What you do, and what you plan to continue to do, will affect how happy you are with your decision. You can make music with any of the above, but each of those choices will impact your productivity both positively and negatively in some way. You need to determine what is and what isn't important to your workflow.

I found it really helpful to watch videos of how other people, who produce similar music, use each of the different DAWs.
User avatar
murnau
KVRAF
 
2696 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Deutschland

Postby murnau; Sat May 19, 2012 11:23 pm

fl studio is really great if you work in the box.
if you have output-gear stick with cubase 6.
many use fl inside cubase as sampler for drums and fx and such things.
Farjad
KVRer
 
20 posts since 4 Apr, 2008, from Persia

Postby Farjad; Sun May 20, 2012 2:31 am

TanX 4 Replies.

Well I Don't Use Any Loops And I Love To Use Drums On Drum Machines Specially The One In Cubase (GAO). Also The Sampler In Live Is So Cool Too. But The Seq Step In Fl Is Really Easy To Use And Fast Than The Others.
I Do My Mixes In Cubase Anyway But I Wanna Know Is It Ok To Make Beats In Cubase?
What DAW Does Pro Use?
Well Who's Gonna Make Beats In Cubase?
User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
 
6470 posts since 21 Nov, 2000, from Southern California

Postby Uncle E; Sun May 20, 2012 2:45 am

murnau wrote:many use fl inside cubase as sampler for drums and fx and such things.

+1
Redeem the 11% "FORUM" or 16% "GROUP" coupons at:
Image
careyletendre
KVRist
 
270 posts since 7 Mar, 2007

Postby careyletendre; Sun May 20, 2012 6:12 am

Farjad wrote:What DAW Does Pro Use?


That is irrelevant. Use what works best for you.

:)

Carey
Farjad
KVRer
 
20 posts since 4 Apr, 2008, from Persia

Postby Farjad; Sun May 20, 2012 6:41 am

careyletendre wrote:
Farjad wrote:What DAW Does Pro Use?


That is irrelevant. Use what works best for you.

:)

Carey


Well...
Yeah It's Irrelevant :D
But Did U See Any Pro To Work With FL Studio? Seriously, Most Of Them Switch Their DAWs After Working With That.
So It's Just A Lil Bit Matter For Me :D Why Would They Want To Switch Their DAWs?

Deadmau5 Used FL Studio But Now Using Ableton Live
Or
Armin Van Buuren Used Ableton Live But Now Using Logic

What's That All About?
cron
KVRAF
 
2140 posts since 27 Dec, 2002, from London

Postby cron; Sun May 20, 2012 6:46 am

But Did U See Any Pro To Work With FL Studio? Seriously, Most Of Them Switch Their DAWs After Working With That.


If by pro you mean someone who's had a record out, then yes. Loads of people. My crew have put out two records by one.
JD Gaffe
KVRian
 
670 posts since 27 Sep, 2010

Postby JD Gaffe; Sun May 20, 2012 6:49 am

Deadmau5 ditched FL Studio, it must suck and be not worth my time.
Farjad
KVRer
 
20 posts since 4 Apr, 2008, from Persia

Postby Farjad; Sun May 20, 2012 6:56 am

cron wrote:
But Did U See Any Pro To Work With FL Studio? Seriously, Most Of Them Switch Their DAWs After Working With That.


If by pro you mean someone who's had a record out, then yes. Loads of people. My crew have put out two records by one.


By Pro I Mean Who's Know The Music Well. You Know That FL Is Like A Toy. Anyone Could Make A Beat With It. But Did U See Any Audio Engineer Or Producer Or A Famous Artist To Work With That?
cron
KVRAF
 
2140 posts since 27 Dec, 2002, from London

Postby cron; Sun May 20, 2012 7:03 am

Farjad wrote:
cron wrote:
But Did U See Any Pro To Work With FL Studio? Seriously, Most Of Them Switch Their DAWs After Working With That.


If by pro you mean someone who's had a record out, then yes. Loads of people. My crew have put out two records by one.


By Pro I Mean Who's Know The Music Well. You Know That FL Is Like A Toy. Anyone Could Make A Beat With It. But Did U See Any Audio Engineer Or Producer Or A Famous Artist To Work With That?


http://boomkat.com/downloads/516838-nkc ... r-shockout
http://www.phonicarecords.com/product/view/106554
http://www.getsomeuk.com/nkc-fading-floor-shockout/
http://www.junodownload.com/plus/2012/0 ... nky-remix/

That enough hype for you? Can dig up some more if not.
luckystrike
Banned

Postby luckystrike; Sun May 20, 2012 7:12 am

deadmau5 moves to Cubase. Cubase must be 'awesomer' than any others. You don't have to give a damn about the others.
Farjad
KVRer
 
20 posts since 4 Apr, 2008, from Persia

Postby Farjad; Sun May 20, 2012 7:20 am

luckystrike wrote:deadmau5 moves to Cubase. Cubase must be 'awesomer' than any others. You don't have to give a damn about the others.


TanX Bro
Well It's Not Really Important I Agree With careyletendre "Use what works best for you. "
.
.
.
Are U Sure? :shock: :D
User avatar
murnau
KVRAF
 
2696 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Deutschland

Postby murnau; Sun May 20, 2012 7:37 am

there are many pros which use fl alone or in combination like i wrote before.

coming from trance i know that fl studio alone is used by a few big numbers of that genre like:

Estiva
Arty
Artic Moon
Nitrous Oxide
Farjad
KVRer
 
20 posts since 4 Apr, 2008, from Persia

Postby Farjad; Sun May 20, 2012 8:01 am

Well FL Studio Is Really Cool DAW
But I Don't See It In Any Pro Studios
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)