ohmicide vs predatohm

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

who works with what and why?
Last edited by robindrieghe on Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

predatohm be mono.
ImageImageImageImage

RP Distort isn't multiband and that's a main feature for the Ohmforce dist plugs.

Predatohm is scrap metal ... go for Ohmicide if you're interested.

Afaik, Ohmicide is better from all points of view.... still not as good as I wish for it to be (for what I mainly use it - saturation) but still...

If you can afford the FF Saturn, be sure to check that out as well.

Cheers,
3ee

predatohm seems to generate alot more feedback...

Ohmicide offers far more distortion algos and is multiband. It sports a cool but daunting interface with some annoyingly small buttons. Sounds great, but I've gone over to Saturn mainly for ease of use and mod capability.

Predatohm is good for a quick distortion fix, although subtlety is not really its strong suit.

what do you mean predatohm is mono.. i never understood this..

in logic it is under stereo plugs.. stereo in stereo out.

ploise exploin :?

It sums input to mono.

Ohmicide is excellent and still has it's place,but Saturn is just so much more flexible and nice to use.

Seems to me, Ohmicide do the same as predatohm, but with more features.
So IMHO there's no use installing both, only Ohmicide.

Both, plugins that haven't been updated nor maintained for years.

I would stay away from both, there are better alternatives nowadays.

Despite the interface I prefer the sound of Ohmicide to anything else, especially for feedback fx.

Agreed, it really is special

Nothing like a necro bump, especially when the conversation picks up where it was left off 3 years ago.

Ohmicide is "better" but if you want multiband screaming, predatohm is a really nice and affordable distortion. And that feedback <3

it's time to decide now :)

Return to “Effects”