IK Multimedia Authorization Manager

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I wondered what happens when the 5 authorizations are done and if you need a 6th one ?
I have some of my plugins purchased in 2009 that only have one authorization left.

Also, IK guys if you read this, your authorization manager is the worst pill of garbage i've never used in my software engineer life !
Some ideas :
. put the last version of the authorization manager in the (ridiculously big) 35Mb we have to download for each of your TRacks 3 VST plugin.... or don't put it at all in it !!!
. make the update work from within the manager... Not a redirection to a web page !!
. remove the unreadable words check for downloading the manager !! Have you thought about a simple zip link... keep in mind we're downloading a authorization manager.
. Don't make the installation of a new plugin overide with an outdated version the newer authorization manager you've just installed.
. Fix the admin thing that require the manager to be relaunched in admin mode manually...
. Fix the copy and past that only copy 1 character.
. When you're into the C&P, make it work through the 3 fields at the same time... to prevent the user from having to copy and past 3 times... every program do that for about 10 years !!
. Fix the bug that after authorization, the plugins complains about an problem with the auth manager

Or a better idea, use another protection mechanism.... give a look at what the other company do (Voxengo, fabfilter...).
Even N.I. authorization manager is a pleasure to use compare to yours !

For your info, i will never ever buy another IK plugins because of this !
That's a BIG blocker...

Regards,

Xavier (a bit angry after having spent many houres updating the TRacks plugins from vacation with a very slow internet connection).
Last edited by Ixox on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Must agree...fxpansion is also not so good...only few activations.
IMO NI service center is much better, no activation limit and
it checks for updates :tu:

My understanding is that no one has ever been denied additional needed authorizations from IK when requested. The limitations are there to keep track more than to set an absolute limit. I've been through several OS changes since buying my first IK products years ago, and I have always been assured that I would be provided additional activations if needed.

I'm not sure about FXpansion's policy on this, but I own most of their catalog and I've always gotten the sense that they are fair dealers on these types of issues as well.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

edit: post removed
Last edited by sockofgold on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ixox wrote: . Fix the admin thing that require the manager to be relaunched in admin mode manually...
While we're on the topic, as I'm sure someone from IK will be along, can we get an update to Sampletank 2 that will lose the admin requirements? I have never seen another VSTi require admin privileges to work properly (as Sampletank does on Win 7 64), and I think it would be fair for you guys to give us an update that fixes this without having to wait for ST3.

Seriously, this is SUPER annoying and completely unnecessary.

Hmm... IK and authorization was always a very "special" deal. But to be honest, it was the worst of all plug-ins I ever had _without_ the authorization manager. So for IK it's a step forward, not perfect but a lot better than in the past.

But I agree with NI. I must say after I own a lot NI stuff, NI service center is a lot better! Updates and stuff, authorization _very_ easy. I love it.

Btw. for me the best solution was to uninstall all this IK crap an don't use it anymore. I have not the time to fiddle around with such unprofessional stuff.

Thanks for your answers.
At least, i'm glad to see i'm not the only one.
4damind wrote:Btw. for me the best solution was to uninstall all this IK crap an don't use it anymore. I have not the time to fiddle with such unprofessional stuff.
I really understand your point of view.
Specially if after 5 authorizations there is an additionnal step for each plugin.... asking IK to be so nice to allow me to install what i paid on my futur new computer...

Xavier

BERFAB wrote:My understanding is that no one has ever been denied additional needed authorizations from IK when requested. The limitations are there to keep track more than to set an absolute limit. I've been through several OS changes since buying my first IK products years ago, and I have always been assured that I would be provided additional activations if needed.

I'm not sure about FXpansion's policy on this, but I own most of their catalog and I've always gotten the sense that they are fair dealers on these types of issues as well.

Cheers
-B
Yup, if you ever need more just shoot our support a message and we'll get you more. Also if you think there are ways the Authorization manager can be improved you can always contact us to let us know.
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

ObiK wrote:Also if you think there are ways the Authorization manager can be improved you can always contact us to let us know.
Or if you really want it to be better, just read the first message of this thread...

Ixox wrote:
ObiK wrote:Also if you think there are ways the Authorization manager can be improved you can always contact us to let us know.
Or if you really want it to be better, just read the first message of this thread...
:clap:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Have to agree with some of the posters here...it really is a big enough PITA to deter me from buying things from them. It's the most needlessy step-intensive, time-consuming, buggy authorization process I've ever seen for any music software, maybe any software. I feel sorry for IK sound designers; sometimes they cook up some amazing stuff, only to have to be fronted by such crap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

An official answer from IK that usually jumps on every thread in KVR would be appreciated :

"I wondered what happens when the 5 authorizations are done and if you need a 6th one ?"

Do you reset the 5 authorizations or just add them one by one on request ?
Maybe you can consider that after several years, the 5 authorizations could be automatically reset !

Also what make a new authorization requirement ?
Changing the motherboard ? The Hard drive ?

Thanks,

Xavier

5 authorizations are added at once.

Brian @ IK Multimedia wrote:5 authorizations are added at once.
OK... thanks... Good news.

For the hard drive i found the answer which is bad news :
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=242569

Xavier

IKM your authorization system can actually work very nice if you do it like this...
Why not an option to deauthorize a product, I loved this in Sibelius and some other software...that would be a perfect solution!
You install, activate and when you want to format computer or something just deactivate and authorization is not lost, it returnes to user account!
This way you can have those 5 authorizations forever...no support needed...easier for the user and for your business.

What do you think about this?

Return to “Effects”