Terry West - Cs12m 1.69

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

CS-12M Master Channel Strip v1.69

This version is a complete overhaul of previous versions.
You can now choose between Serial or the new Parallel EQ filter flow
(see manual for details).
The Tape saturation has a independed m/s editing now, Normal, Mid or Side mode.
When use only the side can be helpfull to widing the stereo image.

Theres a simple PDF manual present now in English and Dutch atm.
Please report any typos in the manual, thanks.

Download:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65046980/CS12M%201.69.ZIP

Thanks Terry!
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

This looks great, Terry, thank you :) Look forward to checking it out! I've been buying some channel strip plugins lately that I quite like, and of course I've got the "usual suspects" in the freeware realm, but somehow I never saw this. It looks, well, great, as stated, haha. Here's hoping it sounds as good as it looks and I can be satisfied forevermore. (Well, that's probably asking a bit much... :D)

so which channel strip do you like best?
Finally!

Thanks!

As always, your plugins have some interesting features... :wink:

cyphersuit wrote:so which channel strip do you like best?
I really haven't made up my mind yet. Voxengo's Voxformer is really good, Mixocontrol Pro is really good (I know, I know, some drama in the past, I really don't care since that thankfully doesn't affect the present and in the present it's a DRM-free, affordable channel strip that isn't trying to emulate old gear and as such is kind of refreshing).

Slate's stuff is really good for various flavors, and I use the heck out of T-Racks 3 Deluxe though I've not added the $200 extra two to it.

Bootsie has a few plugs that are at least "channel strip like," including the actual channel strip emu, and I've got a lot of use out of them over the past few years as he's put more and more out. Guy knows what he's doing.

I think this one might turn out to be quite nice but I need time with it to make any kind of opinion really haha.

Agreed wrote: I think this one might turn out to be quite nice but I need time with it to make any kind of opinion really haha.
Take your time Agreed ;) i'm on vacation atm and would like to see a review from your hand, make it long, it gives me food to read on this boring island i'm on.
Thanks in advance, Terry.

TerryW wrote:CS-12M Master Channel Strip v1.69

This version is a complete overhaul of previous versions.
You can now choose between Serial or the new Parallel EQ filter flow
(see manual for details).
The Tape saturation has a independed m/s editing now, Normal, Mid or Side mode.
When use only the side can be helpfull to widing the stereo image.

Theres a simple PDF manual present now in English and Dutch atm.
Please report any typos in the manual, thanks.

Download:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65046980/CS12M%201.69.ZIP

Your plugins are just top.

Please don't stop.

Thanks.

TerryW wrote:
Agreed wrote: I think this one might turn out to be quite nice but I need time with it to make any kind of opinion really haha.
Take your time Agreed ;) i'm on vacation atm and would like to see a review from your hand, make it long, it gives me food to read on this boring island i'm on.
Thanks in advance, Terry.
I'll use it tonight and see what I can do :) And have fun, man, thanks for consistently putting out such nice stuff. You're gifted at what you do and kind to offer that gift as a gift to the community.

Thank you Terry! A gread channel-strip, many good ideas here (m/s, saturation, filters etc) I am quite a little impressed. I'll check it! :D
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Recently tried-out the CS12M 1.69 VST plug-in on a couple of projects I'm working on, and I'm very impressed with the results. This is one of the best plug-ins I ever got my hands on, free or not!

Gotta love the NY compressor, Saturator, and Exciter, plus the "Clarity", "Punch", and "Body" presets. But when and how to use each, and the other features, is an art unto itself.

I wish there were a "help forum", "user's group", or wiki for your plug-ins. I know you're already giving a ton to the community, but perhaps you could just get it started, or have someone start it on your behalf, and then (hopefully) the users will keep it going. I'm sure there is an audio forum website that would be a good home for this (though, at the moment, I'm not sure where that might be).

It would be great to discuss using the CS12M, and other TW plug-ins, with others, and to share the results of my own experimentations.

For example, on the two songs I've tried it on, the CS12M 1.69 required two completely different approaches for the best results:

On one song, it worked wonders applying it to the entire mix (master bus), as usually intended. However, on the other song, which is very "busy" with extreme dynamics, trying to use the CS12M on the whole mix sounded terrible. The solution was to instead use SEPARATE instances of CS12M on the vocal sum and and instrument sum, each with completely different settings. POW! I nearly fell out of my chair!

Anyway, keep up the excellent work! You're helping me to make the world sound better.
Where is Task Force Thirty Four? The world wonders.

Terry everything you do (that i have) is awesome. Thanks for your hard work and dedication.

Question; Where in your opinion does this thing shine? Sure youve got the features, but what is YOUR favorite thing about this strip? Where, in your opinion does it excel?
There ya have it...

Thanks for sharing this. Looks nice, I will check it out.

Ultrasonic wrote:Terry everything you do (that i have) is awesome. Thanks for your hard work and dedication.

Question; Where in your opinion does this thing shine? Sure youve got the features, but what is YOUR favorite thing about this strip? Where, in your opinion does it excel?
I doubt you get an answer-since this was released nearly 3 years ago; also, what it excels at would be subjective to the user. That's probably why he avoids giving specific claims to his plugins uses.

Where it "shines" depends on the particular song or track being processed.

For example, the NY Compressor can really work magic sometimes. I love it. That being said, on my most recent project, the NY Compressor sounded like ASS - too much high-end "sheen" (BTW, the related "Motown" effect jams the sheen through the roof).

I've never used "Aero", but I know it's there if I need it, if I want to impart an airy quality to, say, a vocal.

The Saturator is fat. Careful with that "Side" button - you might fall out of your chair!

The low and high Exciter channels can create instant ecstasy. Sometimes I use both, sometimes just one, sometimes full-bore, sometimes I disable both.

The "Punch" button? There's a "magic button" if there ever was one.

And then there's the boring old graphic EQ. I already have EQ - why do I need another one? Oh, right, it's a "Mastering Processor", so that's for tweaking the overall mix. But I DON'T USE THE CS12M FOR MASTERING. I used to, but I think this mofo really stomps ass used separately on vocal and instrument sums.

So, my first stage EQs are for "correction", and my second-stage CS12M EQs are for "enhancement". This Terry West guy really got it right with this plug-in.

Anyway, just use it. The CS12M is the can of whoop-ass in your toolbox. The hairs on my neck stand up when I just open the interface, before I even hear anything. How's THAT for an endorsement?

It's the closest thing to a "magic" plug-in I've ever heard. Engineers sometimes say that about the $500 Aphex Aural Exciter, and the CS12M blows that away. And it's free.
Where is Task Force Thirty Four? The world wonders.

Return to “Effects”