Deccan Traps - Keziah's Flight

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

another downtempo tune. i think this has a sense of hopefulness to it..

any comments much appreciated.

Keziah's Flight 6:35

http://soundcloud.com/deccan-traps/keziahs-flight

thank you.

neil.

Deep in some doom filled mine... deliciously ominous... yet you do manage to squeeze some hope out of it after all. Briliant the way you bust it loose and then bring it back. :love:
Image Image

Great track. That first minute and a half really reminded me of early '80s Peter Gabriel (Birdy soundtrack in particular). I loved the pad sound in that section. It almost had a Fairlight quality about it. Those heavy drums in the later section were just right.

Nice work :)

thanks for listening guys.

the fairlight type sound was the result of abusing a novachord (not a real one, obviously :wink: )

neil.

I enjoyed that...

loved most everything about this ...
the amorphous timing , and slow build just suck you in ...

thank you kindly folks :)

neil.

my new favorite track from you! :love:

I especially like from 2:00 or so to 3:15 or so, but the whole thing's tops. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

yes, 2 min to 3.15 or so is really tightening the screws, and the part after that is epic. Cool, really interesting arrangement.

fateamenabletochange wrote:yes, 2 min to 3.15 or so is really tightening the screws, and the part after that is epic. Cool, really interesting arrangement.
Oh yes, 'epic' is the word that came to my mind too, particularly when those Bonzo drums made their entrance. Some great sounds here, and some great emotional manipulation too :)

The arrangement is absolutely fantastic and that's a very rare thing! The tension and release is perfectly executed. The track really tells a story.
Great work! :tu:

Cheers
Dennis

I love this track! It instantly defines a mood and stays glued to it. I'm expecting something to happen soon and it aint good?-in a movie kinda way?

Damn!

This would sit beautifully as a soundtrack in a film-really friggin cool Neil! :)

May I ask? What are you using for drums and pads? :)

wow, thanks for all the kind words folks - i really appreciate you all taking the time to listen and comment :)

Chuck - the drums are abbey road 70's drummer and the pads are soniccouture novachord, arturia's minimoog original and wave alchemy's pro 2. all were rendered to audio and tampered with in various ways :wink:

neil.

Return to “Music Cafe”