What would you like to see in Absynth 6?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Absynth

If there is ever to be one.

I like Absynth a lot. I don't know why NI picked that eye-burning design or they felt the need to cram everything like we still run 800x600 systems, but alright.

I guess this thread is more of 'what don't you like about Absynth?' I would like to know if you had any success with replacing Absynth with something else.

In my limited universe, yeah, the UI needs a fundamental overhaul. Those little buttons to manipulate the values... I mean, short of manual value entry, what could possibly be worse? :bang:

I really feel Absynth could be getting overlooked a lot because the UI gives such a wrong impression of what it's capable of.

wasi wrote:In my limited universe, yeah, the UI needs a fundamental overhaul. Those little buttons to manipulate the values... I mean, short of manual value entry, what could possibly be worse? :bang:

I really feel Absynth could be getting overlooked a lot because the UI gives such a wrong impression of what it's capable of.
+1

Just upgraded to Komplete 8, and "rediscovered" Absynth along the way. It's a very unique synth with an awful, convoluted interface.

Different people different opinions.

I like Absynth UI a lot and i am not finding it convoluted.

Yes a new UI would be a big thing. I have never heard bad words about the sound and I know that some guys with big names using Absynth (eg. Boris Blank "Yello") but it needs a lot love for me to use it longer than 20min because of the GUI :D
Absynth is also well known for very experimental presets, so people always thinking that Absynth it's only for soundscapes or very experimental stuff. It would be a good idea to have some more butter & bread presets.

I use it for last 7 years and GUI is no problem for me, but, every change in a good way is most welcome.

I definitely understand the UI gripes- anything above a 1440x900 resolution and the GUI gets really tiny.

My wishes? More flexible routing. Being able to use full channels as a mod oscil in another channel would make my year. MIDI guitar support, so you could receive on multiple channels with one note per channel and have individual pitch control over each. Things like that.

ew
A spectral heretic...

My wish is a big one.

I would like NI to buy Iris and stick it in as a module.

Does Absynth read loop points in a sample now? I have version 3 but haven't even bothered to install it after an system upgrade over a year and a half ago.......

So if not then yes I'd like Absynth to read sample loop points........... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

wasi wrote:In my limited universe, yeah, the UI needs a fundamental overhaul. Those little buttons to manipulate the values... I mean, short of manual value entry, what could possibly be worse? :bang:

You read my mind, I was going to say a decent user interface.

Something I don't want to see in Absynth 6: the clicking audible in smooth presets.

Yes, that too. I noticed that in most of my presets, everything sounds perfect and than on end of sound very short ''click''....or in middle of the preset. Happens a lot. A no, it's not the cpu. :D

schnapsglas wrote:What would you like to see in Absynth 6?
Fairies. :lol:
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

By the way, when speaking of granular synthesis, how does Absynth compare to newer contestants such as Alchemy or Padshop Pro?

The number 6

Return to “Instruments”